Zero Punctuation: Battlefield 1

Wolf Hagen

New member
Jul 28, 2010
161
0
0
Thanks, at least one reviewer who saw the wallpaper swapjob from WW II to WW I with the centerforces essentially beeing grumpykrauts.

And the weirdness concerning historical accuracy that wavered like a rollercoaster throughout
 

darkrage6

New member
May 11, 2016
478
0
0
Thank you so much for tearing this piece of shit game a new asshole, why critics loved the campaign I will never understand, it fails miserably at getting you to give a shit about any of the characters and has very monotonous and unchallenging gameplay, Total Biscuit also had some pretty good criticisms of this game:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkDysHo83lw
 

darkrage6

New member
May 11, 2016
478
0
0
Wolf Hagen said:
Thanks, at least one reviewer who saw the wallpaper swapjob from WW II to WW I with the centerforces essentially beeing grumpykrauts.

And the weirdness concerning historical accuracy that wavered like a rollercoaster throughout
TotalBiscuit made similar remarks about the game on the Co Optional Podcast, and he was right, I was really surprised when Jim Sterling actually liked the campaign of this game.

Wonder if Yahtzee is going to do a double review of Titanfall 2 and Infinite Warfare next week since they share some similarities.
 

Geisterkarle

New member
Dec 27, 2010
282
0
0
Ha, that dog got me! :)

Well, not much expected from BF1, didn't get anything. So no surprise there!
 

Transdude1996

New member
Mar 18, 2014
188
0
0
Wolf Hagen said:
Thanks, at least one reviewer who saw the wallpaper swapjob from WW II to WW I with the centerforces essentially beeing grumpykrauts.

And the weirdness concerning historical accuracy that wavered like a rollercoaster throughout
I think a sizable part of it is that a "large" amount of reviewers and consumers wanted something that wasn't knock-off Halo/Doom/Half-Life/TimeSplitters/[
Code:
insert sci-fi space/time/dimension travel FPS series
].
 

master-xavier

New member
May 2, 2012
4
0
0
I wonder, considering the amount of BIG releases at this time of the year (Dishonored 2, Watch Dogs 2, Final Fantasy 15, Dead Rising 4, The Last Guardian), if Yahtzee will do a "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare VS Titanfall 2" to save space and that way being able to review more games before the year is over.

It makes sense because this time they are both Sci-Fi military shooters about fighting over control of a solar system, limited jet packs and free running, piloting as a big part of the gameplay (Starship in one and Mecha on the other) with an AI companion and relatively short campaigns, they're similar enough that a comparison review would be perfectly plausible.
 

JayDeth

New member
Dec 18, 2009
138
0
0
Is it ironic that this video that shits on BF1 does so while literally simultaneously being strangled by BF1 ads?
 

Darth_Payn

New member
Aug 5, 2009
2,868
0
0
master-xavier said:
I wonder, considering the amount of BIG releases at this time of the year (Dishonored 2, Watch Dogs 2, Final Fantasy 15, Dead Rising 4, The Last Guardian), if Yahtzee will do a "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare VS Titanfall 2" to save space and that way being able to review more games before the year is over.

It makes sense because this time they are both Sci-Fi military shooters about fighting over control of a solar system, limited jet packs and free running, piloting as a big part of the gameplay (Starship in one and Mecha on the other) with an AI companion and relatively short campaigns, they're similar enough that a comparison review would be perfectly plausible.
I was expecting him to compare and contrast BF1 to CoD:IW this week.
And they really still have automatic weapons like from WWII for this game? Why not the single-shot rifles they actually had in the war? I've played WWII shooters that had those.
 

PunkRex

New member
Feb 19, 2010
2,533
0
0
Now I can't get the image of a sad puppy wearing a trilby out of my head...

Gonna go have a little weep.
 

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
12,102
1,345
118
Gender
Whatever, just wash your hands.
Darth_Payn said:
master-xavier said:
I wonder, considering the amount of BIG releases at this time of the year (Dishonored 2, Watch Dogs 2, Final Fantasy 15, Dead Rising 4, The Last Guardian), if Yahtzee will do a "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare VS Titanfall 2" to save space and that way being able to review more games before the year is over.

It makes sense because this time they are both Sci-Fi military shooters about fighting over control of a solar system, limited jet packs and free running, piloting as a big part of the gameplay (Starship in one and Mecha on the other) with an AI companion and relatively short campaigns, they're similar enough that a comparison review would be perfectly plausible.
I was expecting him to compare and contrast BF1 to CoD:IW this week.
And they really still have automatic weapons like from WWII for this game? Why not the single-shot rifles they actually had in the war? I've played WWII shooters that had those.
Apparently they took big strides to find any prototype smgs they could so people could run around with automatics instead of the bolt action rifles pretty much everyone would have.
 

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
Apr 6, 2020
5,178
521
118
Country
USA
I got it and there is a lot to recommend it.

Maybe I'm think: did yahtzee particularly dislike this game?

So far, to me, I agree it is not a history lesson. There weren't so many automatic weapons then. Even so, the focus on fun and it is beautiful to look at.

1. I like it.
2. I don't really understand Yahtee's review. Did he particularly dislike it?
 

InsanityRequiem

New member
Nov 9, 2009
700
0
0
Gorfias said:
I got it and there is a lot to recommend it.

Maybe I'm think: did yahtzee particularly dislike this game?

So far, to me, I agree it is not a history lesson. There weren't so many automatic weapons then. Even so, the focus on fun and it is beautiful to look at.

1. I like it.
2. I don't really understand Yahtee's review. Did he particularly dislike it?
From what I gather, he did not like it. Basically too much like previous Battlefield games with nothing to differentiate it for the better outside of model skins.
 

Erttheking

Member
Legacy
Apr 23, 2020
10,845
1
3
Country
United States
Yeah, I had a feeling something like this would happen. Same old same old with a fresh coat of paint. Now with more hypocrisy!
 

Steve the Pocket

New member
Mar 30, 2009
1,649
0
0
As far as the name goes, I do wish they had gone for the Roman numeral this time around, seeing how that's how everyone I've ever known as always written "World War I". I mean, jeez, EA, you had one job...

Well, no, actually you had quite a few jobs and you botched a great deal of the important ones, but this is the one I'm choosing to be upset over because, as someone who's not actually buying the game, it's the only one that directly affects me in any way.
 

Paul Norman

New member
Jun 30, 2016
1
0
0
Honestly, I think I'd rather play Verdun or Valiant Hearts if I wanted a decent WWI experience. Hell, I'd even play that one freeware game from yonks ago that had you running through trenches trying to avoid a dinosaur thing. Wish I remembered the name of that...