Zero Punctuation: Brutal Legend

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Hungryfreak said:
It did introduce the tab slabs and the solos it gave you were strong enough to give you the incentive to find them, though I agree that there's a large gap in significance between the solos and other unlockables.

miracleofsound said:
Pity there was no Fear Factory in it though :(
I think there was enough mainstream industrial (not all metal) there. This game really needed GODFLESH.
They probably said 'screw gamers' after everyone bitched about thier soundtrack for Prince of Persia: Warrior Within.

I liked it though.

'I... STAND ALONE...' chugga chugga chug

dunnace

Oct 10, 2008
I... really love this game. So, er, kinda disagree here. A lot. I know that commenting on the plot would have ruined it a bit, but I thought the game took a really surprising twist about 2/3 in and the whole Jack Black comedy element was ditched in favour of some really great character development.
And it's not really an RTS, more a rush and slash than anything.

killerbread

Oct 21, 2009
nice review but his movies do suck more than a drunk asain hooker she might give you a STD but my god its worth it

Kholdgrave

Jul 11, 2008
Honestly this game is fantastic.

I melted an emo kid's face off with a guitar solo flat out called "Face Melter".

If melting the face off one of those annoying bastards doesn't make a great game then you are truly something monstrous.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
Cliff_m85 said:
Price of admission alone is the cut scene featuring "Mr. Crowley".

EPIC to the MAX.
That was probably my favourite scene in the game. Man, I'm going to go find that shit on youtube right now.

A1

Jul 9, 2009
Darrkon Fearlock said:
Not to try and destroy Yahtzee's point with the RTS thing, but after the game came out Tim Schafer came out and said not to play it like an RTS and to play it more like a hack and slash with RTS elements. Like you should be down there a fair bit with your guys, you just need to replenish them every once in a while.
Sorry Mr. Schafer, but that doesn't change the fact that RTS never should have been put in the game in the first place.

I was actually surprised that Yahtzee didn't like it. He seems to be into manly things (in a totally heterosexual way of course) and Brutal Legend at first glance would seem to fit the bill. Then of course comes along RTS and while I have nothing against RTS it doesn't really seem to fit into the "manly" category very well. On top of that it doesn't really seem to fit all that well with Heavy Metal either. And if that weren't bad enough the fact that the RTS aspect of the game wasn't particularly well advertised seems like a bit of a dick move. Overall I get the impression that Brutal Legend doesn't constitute one of Tim Schafer's masterpieces, but rather one of his experiments. Probably one of his failing experiments in terms of quality and content.

icnfde

Dec 27, 2007
I must be one of the only sane people posting here. "Great review", "HAHA AWESOME IM SURE NOT TO BUY IT NOW LOL".... uh, what? Where was the review? All this came down to was 4 minutes of RTS bashing and Yahtzee's ever growing hate of newer Sandbox games.

Aesthetical Quietus

Mar 4, 2009
Venatio said:
Aesthetical Quietus said:
Venatio said:
Well Im kinda dissapointed at Brutal Legends negatives. I wasnt planning on buying the game new, I never do unless its Bioware, but if i was going to I would now just rent it or wait its price out.

Hell maybe I'll just watch someone play it on youtube for me. Worked with Wet.

Coincedently does anyone know a good website for that sort of thing? Watching someone play a game for you adequetly so you can enjoy the story?
YOUTUBE!
Duh.
Maybe I should rephrase that question for the slower folk in the building:

A good place to watch high quality videos of people playing games for me OTHER than youtube. Because when I was watching WET the guy kept commenting on it as though it was Unskippable or something.
I guessed as such, but I couldn't really think of anything, and there ARE some good videos of exactly that on YouTube, it all depends what game it is.
[ie I felt like being an utter dick].

l33tabix

Mar 16, 2008
This one made Yahtzee seem like a bit of a noob, see the flowers the game shows you to do a relic raiser at, do it, motorforge appears, I don't even have the game and I know that.
In other news: atill waiting for my DJ Hero to show up.

ItsAChiaotzu

Apr 20, 2009
pimppeter2 said:
He gained some respect in my book.

I also want to say that I called it
]

What? You called that Yahtzee wouldn't like a game? Good call man, you're a genius!

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
ShredHead said:
pimppeter2 said:
He gained some respect in my book.

I also want to say that I called it
]

What? You called that Yahtzee wouldn't like a game? Good call man, you're a genius!
No need to be a dick, I'm just saying that I called that yhatzee wouldn't fall head over heals for something just because its made by Tim Shaffer.

Like a lot of the rest of the gaming community was.

So fuck off

varoksa

Apr 17, 2009
when is he going to review some of the really good games that just came out ? eg uncharted 2 or demons souls also funny review

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
It sounds like someone dose not like RTS's....

The games only problem is a lack of defining what the things are that you must get, and once you find them it becomes pretty easy. Tho it coudl have a automated RTS mode where you just go out in the field and beat crap up while it doe all the small work then when you need back up call for it and such. All in all its abit halfased in game mechanics but less so than most generic games made these days.