Zero Punctuation: Burnout: Paradise

Plays2

Oct 8, 2007
A nice review indeed, now don't ban me because I posted this...

Car games don't really interest me a little bit so I just stay away from them.

EDIT: Didn't you guys noticed that a car was sounding in the background when Yahtzee was talking of the camera angles when you crash?

Hellgiver

Oct 10, 2007
I also wondered about the fact that the only life-form you ever actually see any sign of is Atomica. I hated that there was NO ONE in your car if you broke out the windshield to look inside of it. Though, you know you could have adjusted the view if you didn't like the default, which I saw you noted at the end. I found the default camera much better so you can judge if you will be able to squeeze past somewhere or if you can turn sharper or something. Also, I really enjoyed it just because of how smoothly it ran at those insane speeds. I am really not a fan of most racing games, but it felt enough like Midnight Club 3 that I bought it. Also, you better have it on 360 so you can listen to your own in-game music, because the game's soundtrack is pretty bad. Avril Lavigne? Hell no!

ChipnChap

Feb 17, 2008
Good review... as always... I think it's nice they brought DJ Atomica back, he was kinda fun in SSX 3.

Zera

Sep 12, 2007
Wow he seems a bit agitated this week. He is probably still feeling the feedback from DMC4 I guess

KefZ_X

Nov 14, 2007
Car games are ok but Grand Trismo will always be my no.1 car game oh yea Great Review

palidanek

Jan 23, 2008
Racing games are all the same to me and like MMORPGs i play one once a few years. I haven't gotten my driver's license yet either, we are less sheep than the rest i would say. I would love to see how you would rated a true AAA game like GTA3 or what you would consider one

VonBlade

Mar 12, 2008
Two things I absolutely expected to be mentioned :

1) That the new crash mode sucks harder than Linda Lovelace and they should have kept the old one.

2) That far from being merely like GTA, it's nearly identical to Test Drive Unlimited.

Yahtzee you tifter wearing stud. What happened to the apt game comparisons? GTA. Pah.

Still the most accurate reviews on the net though.
VB (who's from the UK and doesn't hate Yahtzee at all)

Wave-360

Jan 24, 2008
Lol... Great review you Huculiran-examplar!
I noticed the mini-map problem in the demo. I also got pissed off alot when i crashed in 1st place and get last.

BTW when are you going to continue your Trilby and Chris comics??? They never ended

Allan Foe

Dec 20, 2007
I take my "what is there to review in a racing game" back, this review is up there with the best ones.

P.S. Yahtzee, you calypgian superman, you've finally updated your site with new content?!

bassman05

Feb 1, 2008
Best review for Paradise I've seen :) So true, I mean, it's fun for a bit - but the small things do end up getting in the way - dead on, Yahtzee.