Zero Punctuation: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
amazing. the game sucks. well, no surprise there. we knew already that the SP is just a mindless time waster wile the MP is more the center of it. still, i dont think i will pick it up. new dlc for BF3 comes out and i will be busy with it.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
haven't bothered with buying CoD after MW2. not the story, message, or concept that turns me off just that I can't justify buying the same game every year like it's Madden 20xx :/

tho I do understand ppl who wanna keep up to date with the MP and Zombies mode, even if it's not for me

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
Did everyone miss the part where he drew a frciking awesome future for games. Why this racism war when there is Half Life at theaters.

rasta111

Nov 11, 2009
Good show, Yahtzee...

*runs for cover*

So, CoD players, what were you expecting? If you truly enjoyed your CoD blops before, there's no reason not to now, is there?

This is the internet, try having the actual group of people you hang with play nothing but blops 2 and TT2. That's pain, and it's the tip of the iceberg.

(Sometimes you have to wonder if they're just in it to annoy you or if they actually enjoy button mashing and shooting each other in the back for hours on end. Zombies was kind of fun I suppose...)

BRING BACK THE REAL FPS... You know the fun, non-politically motivated kind. I'm looking at you, Free Radical... What's that...? Crytek... Whatever, but that seems like a bad thing, for some reason. Hopefully I'm wrong there.

*switches off megaphone*... *pulls down metal shutters*

teh_gunslinger

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. did it better.
Dec 6, 2007
Zeldias said:
Father Time said:
Zeldias said:
Just popping in to say racism is about more than people hurting/being mean to you. It's also about the systems of oppression that operate throughout our (in my case, American) culture. White people can't be victims of racism because racism is about more than people hurting you;
Don't bother us with that bullshit 'privilege + power' definition, your side made up so you can say racism against whites is impossible.

Zeldias said:
People who think it's possible to be racist against whites, particularly in America or Western Europe, are hilarious to me.
And that's because you're operating under a definition of racism that is bullshit.
This isn't sides; that's the sociological definition. If you don't like it, go write a fucking book and make arguments and get peer reviewed and shit. Unless you're gonna tell me that the entirety of academia is secretly trying to hurt white people's feelings.
But don't you see? Academia is trying to hurt people! Why else would they do stuff like think about an issue and look at it from more than one perspective. Clearly that's the work of poofy librals who duuk ar jahbs and confuse the issue by being clever. Rabble rabble.

But seriously, well said. You are a gentleman/lady and a scholar.

I laughed at the 'Your side made that up!". Good stuff.

Source: I'm an academic.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
doggie015 said:
JoJo said:
ARCTIC_EAGLE said:
Wow, worst review EVER! Any professional review would give this game, the most amazing in history, a 90-100 or 4/5. Every single part of this game is new and interesting and amazing, you're inability to recognize that demonstrates how bad you are at reviewing. When COD:B03 comes out in 2 years you can correct you mistake by giving it a 90-100 like every other reviewer will. Be sure to do the same for COD:MW4, COD:MW5, COD:BO4, COD:MW6, etc. They will ALL be amazing and look amazing and just be more amazing then the amazingly amazing game that came before. In fact they'll be so amazing they'll amaze you into an amazement coma of amazement.

OT: No surprises here, the last COD game I really enjoyed was MW2, I tried my brother's version of MW3 but got bored once I'd got past the London level. Liked the political rant too :-D
Jim Stirling gave it an 8.5 on a site where the average starts at 5 for god's sake! While the post was a little bit over the top it IS at least a decent game! Source: http://www.destructoid.com/review-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii-238414.phtml
(For comparison: Dishonored got 9.0)
I don't deny it's probably a reasonable game, however Artic Eagle's post is so over the top it borders on parody and from what other posters have brought up about his post history, it seems most likely it is a parody, not to mention he's been on this site almost a year and has the "watched 100 ZP reviews" badge. You'd think after over a hundred ZP's he'd know in advance what Yahtzee's opinion would be on this game!

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Man there's a lot of bullshit in this thread. It's a sad fact that a person can't make glib references to politics or race without it turning into a massive debate. Yahtzee is snarking about video game jingoism, not writing a essay. Treat his remarks for what they are, and think before you launch into a 1000 word counter-argument on the subject of white guilt. There is no point in arguing with a slogan.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Well that was an enjoyable review video thingy. Gave me quite the laugh. But the game itself was surprisingly enjoyable. The ending didn`t really feel very COD-ish, tho, not sure why. But still, i got what i was wanted: explosions and shooting and all the simple stuff in life. Fun. And now, back to Deus Ex: Human Revolution, since variety in gaming is good, and all that.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
GunsmithKitten said:
You know, I really loathe playing this card, but I can't imagine anyone else being allowed to get away with as much bigotry and ignorance on world affairs as Croshow does. Even discounting the "White people and Americans all suck" lines (which are bad enough), his ignorance about Nicaraguan resistence groups and the shit they do TO THEIR OWN PEOPLE is pathetic.

But hey, I guess you can still get called insightful and funny when you're a funny talker with a British accent despite displaying such ignorance.
To be fair, it says more about the audience than him. He talks crap all the time, it's a part of his videos. He goes over the top and often says things that are clearly untrue.

Then people take him seriously, and that's where the problems come in. Yahtzee is not a politics reviewer, he is not even a games reviewer. He makes videos picking holes in games for the purpose of satire, he is not normally serious and is very rarely accurate.

The people who call him funny are obviously giving subjective opinions. The people calling him insightful are generally missing the point. Take everything he says as a rant meant for amusement rather than a genuine opinion, and it isn't really an issue.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Yeah, I knew this is what was going to happen. Everybody was jumping to it's defence because it made some little changes and added in some new tech but forget that many other games have still done it ten times better with longer single player with possibly a more fleshed out multiplayer.

COD should fix all the basic complaints (short campaign, stop removing great features like private servers, etc.) and then move on to making things more interesting. COD4 was really clever how it represented the war and it's effects in it's own way.

I have no idea what your going on about with the racism though. I know I shouldn't make assumptions but I think you're just sick of killing the same races.