Zero Punctuation: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
Had to stop watching cause of potential spoilers, (too busy njoying multiplayer to play campaign) first part of the video was bloody hilarious though

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
I'd have to disagree with Yahtzee here, I found Blops II quite enjoyable.

Although he is definitely right about Tony Todd having an obsession with the word "cocksucker"

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
I do love it when Yahtzee tears into the socio-political implications of a game. Amazing rant on white privilege in this one.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
It was nice to see that pretty much every character had a fairly serious reason to be hated instead of the standard "you are an obvious good guy and they are all baddies..."

anonymity88

Sep 20, 2010
Well BlOps 1 finally broke CoD's magic spell on me so I was never hopeful about this game. Seems like I was right not to be. Guess I'll just get Dishonored for Christmas.

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
Man, I was waiting for WEEKS for him to rip this game to shreds, and it did not dissapoint. A message to the game industry: STOP MAKING MODERN MILITARY SHOOTERS! Spec Ops: The Line has allready pointed out everything wrong about the genre, you don't need to keep making shitty war games to prove it's point!

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
I didn't know who it was with the bag over their head...

I knew it wasn't who they said it was, but I thought the guy you shot was still following me, or at least somewhere around me. I did zone out a bit while playing that level.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
When said aloud, the word "CodBlops" sounds oddly unsavoury.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Gearhead mk2 said:
Man, I was waiting for WEEKS for him to rip this game to shreds, and it did not dissapoint. A message to the game industry: STOP MAKING MODERN MILITARY SHOOTERS! Spec Ops: The Line has allready pointed out everything wrong about the genre, you don't need to keep making shitty war games to prove it's point!
Considering it, once again, set the record for the most money made in 24 hours, I highly doubt they will stop making them any time soon. The video game industry is still a business that is trying to make money.

ARCTIC_EAGLE

Dec 31, 2011
Wow, worst review EVER! Any professional review would give this game, the most amazing in history, a 90-100 or 4/5. Every single part of this game is new and interesting and amazing, you're inability to recognize that demonstrates how bad you are at reviewing. When COD:B03 comes out in 2 years you can correct you mistake by giving it a 90-100 like every other reviewer will. Be sure to do the same for COD:MW4, COD:MW5, COD:BO4, COD:MW6, etc. They will ALL be amazing and look amazing and just be more amazing then the amazingly amazing game that came before. In fact they'll be so amazing they'll amaze you into an amazement coma of amazement.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Well that was less amusing then I thought it was gonna be, and strangely more annoying as well.

Strange, I usually enjoy watching him rip these games apart

finalizer

Aug 13, 2010
Ah, I've been waiting for this roast with anticipation ever since the game had been released to obnoxious, undeserved praise by the larger chunk of gaming publications. Nice to see Yahtzee telling it like it is.

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
"So was naming the sinking ship 'The Barak Obama' one of those quaint election jokes?"

Throughout the review I had a feeling that Yahtzee's commentary was influenced by the recent US presidential election. Seeing the above quote in the credits pretty much confirmed it.

Duo Oratar said:
It is slightly hypocritical to say that white people were randomly selected to be born the most privileged people on the planet and saying we can't complain about racism against us in the same breath. Yes us being privileged is something we're born into, but so is the whole history of oppressing the blacks thing. I have every right to complain about them being racist towards whites because just as I didn't do anything to deserve the privilege, I didn't do anything to deserve the racism either, I was born into this position and it was my ancestors who did the oppressing, not me.
I totally agree with this.

And for those who say otherwise--such as Movie Bob, whose work I enjoy--I don't feel the slightest obligation to buy into Christianity's concept of Original Sin either.

And yes, they are one and the same thing. "You are guilty of 'X' because a lot of other people you never knew and probably aren't related to did 'such-and-such'!"

Nope. Not buyin' it.