Zero Punctuation: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Dead Seerius

Feb 4, 2012
ARCTIC_EAGLE said:
Wow, worst review EVER! Any professional review would give this game, the most amazing in history, a 90-100 or 4/5. Every single part of this game is new and interesting and amazing, you're inability to recognize that demonstrates how bad you are at reviewing. When COD:B03 comes out in 2 years you can correct you mistake by giving it a 90-100 like every other reviewer will. Be sure to do the same for COD:MW4, COD:MW5, COD:BO4, COD:MW6, etc. They will ALL be amazing and look amazing and just be more amazing then the amazingly amazing game that came before. In fact they'll be so amazing they'll amaze you into an amazement coma of amazement.
I've only read the first page of posts, so hopefully people have caught on by now, but I think it's hilarious that at least 3 people have already taken you seriously. Well done! That's how you know sarcasm (blatant sarcasm) is becoming an utterly lost concept on the average person. I personally laughed my ass off when I read the serious responses.

Anyway, on topic, I'm not surprised at all that Yahtzee didn't like BO2, but the general consensus seems to be that for a CoD game, this one is pretty good. I didn't buy into MW3 so I've actually had a pretty long absence from CoD, and I'm honestly enjoying this one. For now.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
Welp, looks like im done with Yatzee, and btw, it is racist when people make fun of whites for the sake of there white, they are making fun of them for there race, thus its racist.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
Let me get this straight. The plot for Blops 2 covers the Contra war efforts in Nicaragua?

You know, the one where the Reagan Administration created an anti-communist army to utterly destroy a small nation recovering from their revolution against a US-supported tyrannical leader, who bombed his own cities to stay in power, and was finally defeated by the rebels that created a new, non-communist government focusing on a recovery effort from the bombings and the devastating earthquake just previously? The one with which their social reforms which emphasized equality in gender and the such-like, health and hygiene and literacy, which was so effective they were recognized by UNESCO and the World Health Organization, were utterly destroyed by the US' sudden invasion? The US invasion that targeted schools and hospitals, with an estimated death toll of around 50,000 Nicaraguans? The one in which the International Court of Justice was so horrified by the actions of the US they pulled funding and demanded it pay reprimands to Nicaragua? To which the US sold weapons to Iran to continue funding of the Contras, which they were later discovered in a huge embarrassment and were sentenced for corruption? Only through a rigged election in Nicaragua by the US, the new leader was put in place that excused the US so they wouldn't have to pay a single cent for the terrible war, and everyone that was found guilty for the Iran-Contra affair was strangely absolved, and the US was allowed to continue harassing Nicaragua for it's economy to benefit their own? That war, then? And Blops 2 paints out the Nicaraguans as the terrorists?

I thought the US' corruption over the whole affair was well known. Now I'm severely disappointed and angry. How dare they.

FallenMessiah88

So fucking thrilled to be here!
Jan 8, 2010
So it's okay to completely kill everything in sight in Just Cause 2? Why? Is it because the game takes place in Asia and the main character is hispanic or at least has a hispanic sounding name? So it's okay as long as it's not white people killing people of other ethnicities?

I won't comment on whether the game is racist and/or looks down on poor people, as I haven't played it yet. However, I will say that this whole "White people are privileged and so they have no right to complain about anything" is bullshit. Pure bullshit! I'm white, I'm male and I'm also straight, but that does not mean that I simply have to take it when someone disriminates against me. I've never enslaved anyone, I don't think that women are inferior to men and I've also never committed a hate crime.

I know that Yahtzee's reviews are supposed to be funny, but this just wasn't funny at all.

Also, It's called a first person shooter.

xdiesp

Oct 21, 2007
Volan said:
Let me get this straight. The plot for Blops 2 covers the Contra war efforts in Nicaragua?

You know, the one where the Reagan Administration created an anti-communist army to utterly destroy a small nation recovering from their revolution against a US-supported tyrannical leader, who bombed his own cities to stay in power, and was finally defeated by the rebels that created a new, non-communist government focusing on a recovery effort from the bombings and the devastating earthquake just previously? The one with which their social reforms which emphasized equality in gender and the such-like, health and hygiene and literacy, which was so effective they were recognized by UNESCO and the World Health Organization, were utterly destroyed by the US' sudden invasion? The US invasion that targeted schools and hospitals, with an estimated death toll of around 50,000 Nicaraguans? The one in which the International Court of Justice was so horrified by the actions of the US they pulled funding and demanded it pay reprimands to Nicaragua? To which the US sold weapons to Iran to continue funding of the Contras, which they were later discovered in a huge embarrassment and were sentenced for corruption? Only through a rigged election in Nicaragua by the US, the new leader was put in place that excused the US so they wouldn't have to pay a single cent for the terrible war, and everyone that was found guilty for the Iran-Contra affair was strangely absolved, and the US was allowed to continue harassing Nicaragua for it's economy to benefit their own? That war, then? And Blops 2 paints out the Nicaraguans as the terrorists?

I thought the US' corruption over the whole affair was well known. Now I'm severely disappointed and angry. How dare they.
Amen to that. If I were Yahtzee, I would update this video with that same quote. This game is, by the way, education to US children about what Nicaragua was after all.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I actually like Yahtzee ranting. I do wish there was less spunkgarbleweewee on the market.

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Codblops 2.
Thank you for that equally racist (against Americans as a whole) rant. I admit to not particularly liking the "armchair generals" (they should get off their a**es and do something about whatever they feel is wrong) but also the whole, how do I say it, anti-American thing going.

Everyone has their right to their opinion, but keep up these reviews and I will vote with my mouse, and not watch your videos anymore. I say that because it is the only legitimate way to oppose someone for their beliefs is to write why they are wrong (I will not do here because they have been said, and I do not feel like fighting a flame war this week) and/or not give their content views.

This is your first warning (you have 3 left).

RobfromtheGulag

May 18, 2010
This leaves me a bit mystified. I haven't played any of the MW/BF games, but I would think that the adrenaline spree of gunning down noobs would clash a bit with he methodical plan-it-out style of most tower defense games. I'm wondering if they include it for their core audience or if it's supposed to draw otherwise uninterested parties. Because if I must pay for tower defense I'd much rather just plunk down 10 or 20 bucks for Defense Grid or Orcs must Die or any of the other steam variants.

Bartleby P. Cameron

Mar 27, 2011
Whoa!
Getting just a hair uncharacteristically political there.
Political grubbings are the lowest form of 'fish in a barrel' humor.
I'm a long time fan and I hope you go back to good ol' fashioned snark.

jackpackage200

Jul 4, 2011
Goddamn a lot of you guys are butthurt. Deal with it.

OT: Wanted Yahtzee to tear this game a new one. Was not disappointed.

Zetatrain

Sep 8, 2010
Country
United States
Wow ummm.......wow. Jesus Christ, I knew Yahtzee wasn't going to be singing praises about the game, but I didn't expect him to go on the political rant that he did. Man I haven't seen the forum light up about a ZP review like this in a long time. Might as well move ZP to the politics section whenever he reviews a military shooter.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
I have to say that the term "butthurt" is getting thrown around a lot on this thread. I have to admit I don't really like it, it seems rather immature.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
erttheking said:
I have to say that the term "butthurt" is getting thrown around a lot on this thread. I have to admit I don't really like it, it seems rather immature.
Mate, I know you're trying to bring sense and logic and calm into this, but it's way too late. It was too late right about after the first person watched this video.
Best for all us sensible people to just gtfo right now before we have giant heart attacks from all the stupid.

Adept Mechanicus

Oct 14, 2012
I gotta say, I'm disappointed with this one. I thought the Warfighter review got all his ethical problems with Spunkgargleweewee out of his system. I'm fine with his opinions on this matter, but he's supposed to be reviewing the game for what it is on gameplay and story; in this case the actual review feels like an afterthought to his soapboxing.

If this is what he's going to do by default from now on, it's going to get really old, really fast.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
Ultratwinkie said:
Brad Shepard said:
Welp, looks like im done with Yatzee, and btw, it is racist when people make fun of whites for the sake of there white, they are making fun of them for there race, thus its racist.
wow. Just wow.

So much butthurt over what Yahtzee said. Wow.

Whites don't have it as bad in terms of racism.

What do whites get that others don't get 10x over?

Small dick jokes? Asians hear them all the time.

White jokes? Everyone has jokes about their race.

Affirmative action? Whites already have that, its called normal life. Only difference is that affirmative action is trying to change statistics of minorities being poorer and less fortunate. That's it.

White privilege is like male privilege, just because you don't recognize it doesn't mean it isn't a real thing.
Oh you are one of "Those" people huh? Please, for the sake of everyone, get over yourself, male privilege? White privilege? Come the hell on. and there is no butthurt here, im just sick of all this differentiation that everyone is trying to do right now, this CIS gender shit, thin privilege, all that bullshit is retarded as shit.