Zero Punctuation: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Machine Man 1992

Jul 4, 2011
Grach said:
Machine Man 1992 said:
And if Yahtzee was judging it solely on gameplay, then why was the whole review packed stem-to-stern with racially charged language and factually dubious statments? (and most damning of all, wasn't funny!)
To dispense bile against the US? Wouldn't be the first time.
But why? Why does he hate the US so much? Could it be he's living on a glorified penal colony filled with hyper-aggressive and very venomous spiders and made almost entirely of desert? Is it because he handle the fact that Australia is of dubious relevance on the world stage? Because every time he take a swipe at America, it carries a certain air of jealousy. Or penis envy.

Grach

Aug 31, 2012
Machine Man 1992 said:
Grach said:
Machine Man 1992 said:
And if Yahtzee was judging it solely on gameplay, then why was the whole review packed stem-to-stern with racially charged language and factually dubious statments? (and most damning of all, wasn't funny!)
But why? Why does he hate the US so much? Could it be he's living on a glorified penal colony filled with hyper-aggressive and very venomous spiders and made almost entirely of desert? Is it because he handle the fact that Australia is of dubious relevance on the world stage? Because every time he take a swipe at America, it carries a certain air of jealousy. Or penis envy.
Considering that he actually likes living in Australia (wouldn't have lived there for so long if he didn't like it) and is actually english I doubt its something like envy. Besides, wildlife in the US isn't any much better.
Maybe because the US has commited some pretty horrible things in its history and now it the "world cop" the world doesn't sit well for him. Probably also because most of these games have you fighting against foreigners, in a "look at our problems being the most rich and powerful country in the world, boo hoo" way (hence the killdroid comment in the review).

I really don't know man, ask him if you really want to know.

And besides, being dubious in the world stage is kind of awesome, since you can just do your stuff in complete peace without having to worry about the US funding some coup to overthrow your government.

animeh1star1a

Nov 7, 2012
Grach said:
Machine Man 1992 said:
Grach said:
Machine Man 1992 said:
Considering that he actually likes living in Australia (wouldn't have lived there for so long if he didn't like it) and is actually english I doubt its something like envy. Besides, wildlife in the US isn't any much better.
Maybe because the US has commited some pretty horrible things in its history and now it the "world cop" the world doesn't sit well for him. Probably also because most of these games have you fighting against foreigners, in a "look at our problems being the most rich and powerful country in the world, boo hoo" way (hence the killdroid comment in the review).

I really don't know man, ask him if you really want to know.

And besides, being dubious in the world stage is kind of awesome, since you can just do your stuff in complete peace without having to worry about the US funding some coup to overthrow your government.
If i were to guess... i would say he's taking the piss out of america simply because he can and it's relevant to the game he's reviewing. I very seriously doubt he has any real hatred toward the US... criticism, certainly, but not hatred. Besides, america is a great punching bag =).

Machine Man 1992

Jul 4, 2011
lord.jeff said:
Can we get over this fallacy of liking something I don't like makes you an idiot?
No. Because this is the Escapist, and expecting mature and rational discussion of taste is like trying to get blood from a stone.

Lazule

Oct 11, 2013
The American elite squad is always white and their boss is always black. ALWAYS rarely the other way around or something... Maybe they are afraid of doing so.

The antagonists are always either Russians, Middle Eastern Terrorists or some random Latin America Commies. Which are getting more played out than Nazis.

This antagonists always want to attack Muuurika with some mass destruction weapon they got from some captured magical genius scientist.

Where are the burgers Call of Duty?

I swear these are the worst type of games of this generation.