Zero Punctuation: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
Great idea Yahtzee.
Can the WW3 wait a bit longer though?
Just until my robotic world domination army is completed.

Also: Yes, why is it always a zombie apocalypse?
Why never a robot uprising/apocalypse?

moosek

Nov 5, 2009
I wouldn't justify America's bloodlust based on a game from the developers of Ultimate Spider-Man. I still liked Black Ops (about as much as Ultimate Spider-Man).

I've been reading through the comments, and I haven't seen a single voice of dissent. Just because Yahtzee has an opinion about something doesn't mean everyone has to agree. I'm not too with the "America is a fat Virgin" metaphor because 1) It wasn't very funny, and 2) it didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Is America a Virgin to war, because we've had a few for everyone generation of people. And what the hell does that have to do with Black Ops, that game takes place in the 60's.

toapat

Mar 28, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Some fanfiction is written by men, I believe. Not much, but some.
those arent men, those are manjinas

and the black ops story doesnt really make sence up until the second plot twist, which anyone with any sense would realize is coming from a mile away. the game is way too violent and not sneeky enough for being named black ops

Karyudo

Sep 24, 2009
It does seem like the US fighting someone is the theme of EVERY FPS that isn't Scifi or fantasy based doesn't it? Over I think there are 2 laws in FPS gaming now.

1: It must have zombies somewhere
2: It must feature a helicopter gunner sequence.

I think Halo Reach takes the cake though because later it lets you fly the helicopter too, that's above and beyond the FPS laws. (And Bad Company letting you fly in multiplayer)

Malikk

Oct 19, 2010
Damn this SP really brings out the epilepsy in you.

Why can't we have shooters like the great Max Payne series where you have points of calm to just soak in the atmosphere etc.

God I miss those days.

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
yep, i figured he would have something to say about Cash-In of Duty's too crazy singleplayer (kind of goes along with this week's XP as well)

i figure next week's XP is going to completely ignore ALL outcries for him to review the multiplayer and hes not even going to mention those little fuckheads.

anyways, he also didn't mention anything about the "Cracked code" that's been circulating, if that will change his opinion of the story at all :p

NermanQ

Aug 11, 2010
I've given up on the Call of Duty series at this point. I didn't even get MW2 because I knew all my friends were going to get it.

Just not my cup of tea.

Odjin

Nov 14, 2007
Switzerland blowing the starting whistle... nice one :D

And yeah... Mecha-Godzilla versus Ami-Mechas... now that I'd play :D

Venatio

Sep 6, 2009
I am an American and I did not find this offensive.

That said, good review as always.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
angelblack said:
Awww, I was hoping for Assassin's Creed.

Oh well, fun review nevertheless.
ditto :(
zombie modes? what could go wrong
fffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuu

Night Knight

Nov 24, 2010
Yahtzee i wish you could actually talk with the American gaming companies and get them to f#cking stop making the same game just different titles and blablabla. Its always America basically doing whatever the f#ck it wants in regards to war. Personally in a Canadian's oppinion why dont we have a war game were WE ARE ACTUALLY IN IT!! I mean come on! Canadians have to fight along side the Americans, although we fight for the right reasons, Americans just shoot whatever they want and think it justice. Regardless Yahtzee is right about it all, America wants another war so badely they're litterally trying to piss the world off so they can fight again. Think I'm wrong? Does the term WEAPONS OF MASS DISTRUCTION ring any bells, i thought so. I hope the USA gets its war and they lose but the attackers leave Canada and Mexico and everywhere else that people enjoy alone. I have nothing against Americans a few of them are actually nice people (Movie Bob being a good example) but America as a whole is bloody bat-sh#t crazy retarted. This is just an opinion so dont shun me for saying something that might just be the truth. Truth hurts fokes, get use to it. Yahtzee is awesome =)