Zero Punctuation: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
The only thing that was fun about the game was the zombie mode, and I don't even plan on buying this game since I'm not all hype over the CoD series.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
Now we all know what happens when you review this years biggest multiplayer seller of the year, so instead of forcing you to go into this on Extra Punctuation a THIRD time, I will do this for you.

Ahem.

Yahtzee tried to evaluate the game on terms of its single player only. He has a disdain for the rest of the human race, so he doesn't play online multiplayer. He judged the game on what he could play by himself. Judging from the review, he thought the game was average or had the same problem as the Force Unleashed 2 by being to awesome plus utterly schizophrenic.

He WON'T nor will NEVER review a game base on it's multiplayer, with the exception of TF2/Left 4 Dead because 1. it is Valve and 2. both those game don't have a "true" single player experience.

Get over it.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
As funny as the video is, the review part isn't very good. It doesn't have any descriptions of actual gameplay except the very brief zombie part at the end.

ChaoticKraus

Jul 26, 2010
This was a good one i'd say. The war battleground thingie sound like a good idea, í wouldn't have to go to expensive concerts to get my adrenaline fix, just turn on the TV! There could be live broadcasting with commentators and stuff aswell! Oh and the virgin metaphor, disturbing.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
thatstheguy said:
I find it funny that Yahtzee's review complains about the game being to spastic while the Escapist review complains about it being to uneventful. Just kinda something I noticed.
Well, Yahtzee did say it spazzes out so much that it's never engaging.

Or maybe Russ Pitts really did have an epileptic fit without realising.

zBeeble

Doublethinker
Nov 19, 2008
Over the past couple of weeks, I'd been wondering if yatzee had lost "it." The reviews were getting kinda "samey." One could argue (as he did) that this was partially due to the games themselves getting samey ... but this particular triumph of spew does it's best to argue otherwise. While Black Ops isn't really that different from the other contenders, this is the first time I've felt the need to replay the ZP review in a long time.

chronobreak

Sep 6, 2008
Good review, but I found there to be plenty of parts where the action chills out for a bit. Yahtzee even mentioned the part with JFK.

murphy7801

Apr 12, 2009
Father Time said:
I know Yahtzee was probably joking about his comparison with a teenage girl but honestly replace America with North Korea and it works perfectly.

America's all ready in 2 or 3 wars.
Probably not good killing what america needs

EBass

Nov 17, 2009
Vietcong one was a great game, a real underated gem with loads of great ideas and fantastic combat, Vietcong 2 was only half the game that 1 was. They basically took the best bits of Vietcong 1 and removed them all.

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
PoweD said:
I never knew why i liked treyarch more than IW but i guess its just my opinion
:(
Are you sure it's not because they're more of the underdogs in this series?

Honestly, I still think they make crappy games...-_-