Zero Punctuation: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Dragonblade146

Dec 6, 2008
Yeah we need another war.
But people, seriously, stop bagging on a country.
Some people take pride in it, granted I have very little but its just not that cool.

Kitteh

Mar 31, 2010
Dear Yahtzee, did you also get a massive headache from playing the game? Srsly, it hurt...a lot.

theriddlen

Apr 6, 2010
Great vid, Yahtzee, i even tho last few episodes were not that good.

Also, i mostly agree with you.

Demonio Penguino

Oct 11, 2009
Yahtzee, I have one thing to tell you. At the title screen repeatedly press L and R. Go over to the terminal that you can actually interact with. Enter in "DOA". I now present you with the best thing in the game.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
About the Juxtaposition bit: Black Ops has SOME balance in that regard. I agree that it was nothing compared to Modern warfare but it was still something. i guess it's downside is that in the places with no 'constant explosions' you're generally not doing anything. but is it still not better than the Shit that was last year's Modern Warfare 2 where on THREE separate occasions the game went:"Right, this is a stealth Mission. you have to quietly infiltrate the base,BANG! Airfield Blew up/Tanks start shooting at you/You stepped on a MINE(?!) now just start shooting because we couldn't make the effort to add in more than 5 minutes of stealth in a level.

superspartan004

Jul 3, 2009
I have a feeling he never beat the campaign, nor did anyone else bashing the game who has admittedly never played it, especially since he never mentioned Nova 6 or Sgt. Reznov, now Black Ops story isn't novel material but is certainly better than MW2's. The ending really ties all the things together especially with the major plot twist. I don't know maybe me being a JRPG fan has turned me into someone who cares more about the cutscenes than what you actually do on screen pressing buttons. But I do agree the JFK voice was a horrible impersonation, I cant believe they couldn't find someone who could do that voice better.

superspartan004

Jul 3, 2009
I have a feeling he never beat the campaign, nor did anyone else bashing the game who has admittedly never played it, especially since he never mentioned Nova 6 or Sgt. Reznov, now Black Ops story isn't novel material but is certainly better than MW2's. The ending really ties all the things together especially with the major plot twist. I don't know maybe me being a JRPG fan has turned me into someone who cares more about the cutscenes than what you actually do on screen pressing buttons. But I do agree the JFK voice was a horrible impersonation, I cant believe they couldn't find someone who could do that voice better.

DanHibiki

Aug 5, 2009
A friend tried to show off his new TV with this game and it essentially broke down to back seat yelling as Yahtzee illustrated.

"no not there, they're shooting at you!"
"drop the shotgun and grab a sniper rifle!"
"watch out a grenade!"

etc.

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
Whoa, i wasnt prepared for the fat american chick metaphore! Great video as always. I guess black ops arent as stealthy as they used to be, heh.

Fusionxl

Oct 25, 2009
Speaking of white anglo saxon tough guy hero names, Alex Mason also reminds me of Alex Mercer.

Also, you cannot use Gabriel Stone, there were already characters called Christopher Stone and Troy Stone in Freedom Fighters.

daedrick

Jul 23, 2008
Only thing I see into this game is an overpriced brownish rail shooter with zero depth. Im craving for good FPS good lord.

Jim15

Jul 27, 2010
It's too late to stop the war game craze now. I'm sick to death of the same old Call of Duty games too (In fact, I never liked them to begin with), but until an FPS comes along that further revolutionizes the genre, we're going to get COD games each year and millions of people are going to buy them.

Guinasso

Jul 20, 2009
I agre with him on the amarican thing... its cinde of said now.
P.S Im a Amarican
P.S.S I cant spell becuse of dislexia, not becuse Im amarican

AsianMafiaSin

Mar 19, 2010
He's improved from last week with the notification of zombies and America's a fat virgin metaphor. But US might get to blow off some steam in the increasingly likely Korean War II (calling it that it will be called that) or World War III (should it turn to China and NK vs US and Russia and SK and Europe and whoever the hell else likes war and winning. Unless China and NK nuke then holy dooly Fallout sequels came awfully quickly to the console of reality.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
thatstheguy said:
I find it funny that Yahtzee's review complains about the game being to spastic while the Escapist review complains about it being to uneventful. Just kinda something I noticed.
Yeah that was a fun contrast. Yahtzee says too much action, Russ Pitts says he spends too much time being bored.

Also I enjoyed that jab at Switzerland at the end.

TheECP

Nov 1, 2007
Invading America would be a silly idea. Our citizens are actually allowed to own guns here, what a concept.