Zero Punctuation: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Piecewise

Apr 18, 2008
Why is it that when I complain about the story being convoluted and dumb and the single missions being short I'm called a complete asshole who knows nothing about what he's talking about, but when yahtzee does it everyone agrees?

ultimasupersaiyan

Dec 9, 2008
I honestly feel that MW2 may be a game that's better to wait for since the campaign is too short. Yahtzee also metioned the story's quality and even I'm now rethinking buying the game, even at a cheaper price.

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
Piecewise said:
Why is it that when I complain about the story being convoluted and dumb and the single missions being short I'm called a complete asshole who knows nothing about what he's talking about, but when yahtzee does it everyone agrees?
You must be complaining to the wrong people. I was complaining that the story was short and shit as well and most people agreed with me, and then proceeded to keep sucking off the MP aspect.

disill

Nov 17, 2009
I gotta say, the game is beautiful in terms of graphics, and I was only playing it on the 360, so I imagine a high-end pc is even better. But yeah, the story basically came across as every Tom Clancy/James Patterson etc thriller rolled together into one big completely insane package.

Ethereal

Jan 18, 2008
disill said:
I gotta say, the game is beautiful in terms of graphics, and I was only playing it on the 360, so I imagine a high-end pc is even better.
Marginally at best.
MW2 as a DIRECT copy & paste port with the only thing separating it from the console versions being its revolutionary "mouse optimization options".

ZeroDotZero

Sep 18, 2009
Yahtzee playing multiplayer? Preposterous! Actually, I quite expected it, and my suspicions were confirmed when he started talking about single player with a large '1.' on the screen.

Holding out on a Borderlands review though.

GryffinDarkBreed

Jul 21, 2008
I really don't think Yahtzee did his best on this one, he just seemed to gripe about the controversy for the vast majority of the video, complain a little bit about the campaign and then video over.

Somewhat lackluster effort, chum.

DarkPanda XIII

Nov 3, 2009
This actually reminds me how much I really don't want to play any form of Modern-esque warfare games. Thank you, Yahtzee, thank you for officially telling me that I'm not missing much.

Now to try Dragon Origins, if nothing else but to see if it even get some drool outta me >.>

DBlack

Jul 16, 2009
I think this game was way better then the first one. The storyline was kindof all over the place, but it was really interesting. I mean the bad guy was an american general trying to make americans more patriotic; If that isnt really awsome then you need to rethink your Priorities.

Just because a game is short doesnt mean its bad. Or have you already forgotten the game with no criticism. (Portal)

CopperBoom

Nov 11, 2009
This was the first review from Yahtzee that I did not think was hilarious, but not in a bad way but in a way in which I completely agreed with everything he said. There were no great exaggeration or hyperbole in this one just the Lord's truth.

The game is a 8/10 game with a rapid fan base. I picked it up first day ; not first midnight but first late morning so I was quite excited ; and after looking at how pretty things looked I thought about how I do not care about anyone... about how stupid it was to be in the states because there was no story during all the "We are under ATTACK" levels.

I loved the first Modern Warfare but this just felt like a bit more spit-shined rehash, story rehash, gameplay, plot twists, first person getting murdered, etc... REHASH!

I played through "co-op" with a friend following the stunningly lacking and plebeian single player, but "co-op" is too nice a phrase for chunks of level rehash (I sure am using that word a lot, eh, if the shoe fits...) it was mildly entertaining but felt like some kind of bot team versus mode, no story or anything to flesh like they made it sound like it would be.

Then I jumped into multiplayer... and after two hours and a few level up's jumped right back out. It looked a bit A BIT nice and kill cams were more detailed but it was still the same thing I spent nearly a hundred hours on the first time I played it... when it was called MODERN WARFARE!

This is a bit of a textzilla rant, but I was just so happy to hear someone felt the same about it as me, it is an okay evolutionary (not revolutionary) derivative sequel to an impressive (for its time) game.

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
I agree that the single player campaign was much too short, but I don't think the story deserves all the hate it gets. Where else was it going to go after the end of the first one? I can see why all realism was jettisoned. Spec Ops mode was a really good idea, but more could have been done with it.