Zero Punctuation: Chasm and This is Police 2

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Oh, thank the maker! I thought Yahtzee left us last week! Feared this place is going the way of Cracked.com.

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
Darth_Payn said:
Oh, thank the maker! I thought Yahtzee left us last week! Feared this place is going the way of Cracked.com.
Did you hear? Escapist is under new management so it's not going anywhere, last week's video didn't show up until today cause of the website's video uploading being shit as usual. Wonder if that means Moviebob is coming back?

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I love the ones about no-name indie games I've never heard of and don't care about turning out to not be worth anyone's time.

Absimilliard

Only you can read this.
Nov 4, 2009
I was worried as well, but as it turned out, last week brought fantastic news for those of us that still had some hope for this site, today brought double Yahtzee! Bloody fantastic.

But thanks, Yahtzee... No... thanks a bloody lot, Benjamin. Because of my sodding curiosity, I actually checked out what album you referred to... That crap will never leave my brain nor Spotify's recommendations, will it? *clap clap* Well played. You wonderful [redacted].

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
Since we're still in this gaming drought, any chance you could finally give Undertale a proper review? It's been almost 3 years.

Jan 27, 2011
marioandsonic said:
Since we're still in this gaming drought, any chance you could finally give Undertale a proper review? It's been almost 3 years.
I think he's said he chose not to give it a full review because in order to really do it justice, he'd have to spoil a lot of stuff. So don't get your hopes up.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
I finished Chasm as well. It was..alright. The bosses were really fun. I loved the music too. My major gripes are how broken the magic system is, as you stated, and how abysmal the drop rates are for literally everything. Getting the venison for the hunter's sidequest took forever and it is a "common" drop from any variety of the Kobold type enemies.

I only played it on hard, so when the only actual challenge presented itself when I got to the final boss I decided to try and get some better gear. The bestiary tells you the number of each enemy you've killed, so I can say it took literally over 800 kills to get one sword to drop that I wanted. Not just any enemy, but the only one that has a shield, and blocks 99% of your attacks without pause.

Ultimately all I needed was to buy a few high potions and spam the shurikens to finish the game though.

I didn't feel like playing again on Nightmare, but I did start up one on Normal out of curiosity and it is piss easy. I did enable permadeath mode which made it more interesting but I got bored and went back to playing No Man's Sky of all things.

If your game is more boring than NMS, reevaluate your design philosophy.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
If he's starved for games, he could always go a Wadjet Adventure game binge. I seem to recall Yathzee kimda likes Point and Click adventure games. Maybe it's just because I'm playing Unavowed right now.

Honestly, I'm waiting for Yathzee to take a big whack at We Happy Few. Some of the reviews so far have been......not good. Yes, I'll leave it at "Not good". Granted, I just finished watching 15 minutes of Jim Sterlingson talk about how broken the game is...and it's kinda a shame since I was really hoping it would be good.

Allan Foe

Dec 20, 2007
marioandsonic said:
He did give it a "proper" review, in Extra Punctuation. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/columns/extra-punctuation/14860-Undertale-for-Best-Written-Game-2015]

And if you're still obsessing over it, here's a good lesson from the game itself. [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E-0sjkDnkc]

Dalisclock said:
I seem to recall Yathzee kimda likes Point and Click adventure games. Maybe it's just because I'm playing Unavowed right now.
He kind of likes them the point that he has made a bunch of them in the past, including the cult classic Trilby series.

Though last I heard he said he came off them a bit.