Zero Punctuation: Darkest of Days

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
True, one can never have enough harps or flying cats, so one that dispenses the other would be a general bonus to humanity.

Actually, I'm mainly here to say "coo, that new Escapist ident is getting around, in't it?".

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
Interesting. Definitely unexpected, but really there isn't much out there to review. I doubt he's going to review ODST, because if he didn't like Halo 3, there's little reason to believe that he'd like or even be impartial towards ODST.

Mr. Shoggoth

Jul 29, 2009
Well this is one obscure game, but the idea is certainly promising. Too bad it wasn't as awesome as it could have been.

Although the review was still great. I cracked up at the Christian Bale part.

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
Am I the only person here who had a rich friend that owned a Virtural Boy, and by extension gets the joke? I mean yeah, at least Nintendo covered their asses with "Play in moderation" at the begining of a game, but be realistic. No kid is going to take a break every 10-20 min when they have a game in "real" 3-D.

Seriously though, Tetris was neat on it.

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
Oooh i've never sent an email reccomending a game to reveiw in my life but the first time i do it get's done. I know I had 0 influence on the decision but i'm just glad he did this one

J-Alfred said:
I especially liked the opening, because I was wondering the exact same things (yes, all of them!) that Yahtzee mentioned.

Great review again. Now, I know Yahtzee oversimplifies things sometimes, so I have to ask this of anyone who's actually played this game: is Yahtzee right about only being able to travel between the Civil War and Russia? Because that just seems lazy to only have two available levels.
theres also a little pompeii thrown in, but yeah it's pretty much what he said

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
The game is a joke people. I've played the demo and it was bad, very bad. The graphics were shitty, the enemies could spot you through a dense corn field from 300yds away, the A.I. is so thick that other enemy soldiers don't notice you even as you murder their friends who are standing right next to them, and the game is filled with glitches and bugs and slowed down when things got busy. I'm surprised that Yahtzee didn't tear this game apart; X-Play certainly did, 1 out of 5.

Ghost

Spoony old Bard
Feb 13, 2009
Sounds like a decent enough game, i might try it. Pretty good review, glad to see it wasn't Halo OTSD.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
I got pulled into this game by the interesting sounding story, too... found myself underwhelmed but I still wistfully hope for a decent sequel.

Good video, Yahtzee.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
johnman said:
GeEom said:
In contrast, I think youve improved through time Yahtz!
Is he going to review Creed 2?
You havent even watched it yet, how can you say that?
This video has been online for about 30 seconds...
Really puzzling behaviour..And it happens with every episode.

OT: Didn't like this review much. Maybe it's just my mood.

Stu1701

Jun 29, 2009
Ok, if the Civil War had Klingons in it this game would've been a lot more interesting. Of coarse I think the same could be said for any war... History class too.

RedFox042

May 25, 2009
that was fun, I mean who doesn't like the idea of Time travel?
Kind of reminds me of an old 90's game where you where a time traveler and your two pieces of equipment where a time machine and a device that allowed you to copy anyone's appearance perfectly, and then you went around solving puzzles. The first mission was you had to make and bake clay pots and then put writing on the bottom for some reason. So you had to copy the Potter's appearance. but if they came back and caught you your disguise obviously failed.

Its just to bad I can't think of the title of said game.

abort_user

Aug 4, 2009
i actually liked this game. its not without issues though.

im a little surprised to see Yahtzee review this though. its been reviewed much more ruthlessly by other people. kinda seems like Yahtzee its following the crowd. i cant think of one issue he had with the game that hasnt been pointed out before. i would at least hoped he brought something new to the table... i dont care if hes mean on the game. in fact thats normally why i watch him. i do care if hes just copy-pasting what reviewers are saying.

ImBigBob

Dec 24, 2008
Didn't TimeSplitters already do the time-traveling FPS thing? Not to mention TimeSplitters was actually a good game.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
From what I've seen in the trailer, mowing down Romain soldiers with machine gun would be a hoot. I could pretend I'm Jesus out for revenge. And this time it's personal.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Another unexpected review. I was looking forward to see Yahtzee bash this game (which he btw actually did) since it looked so horrible in GT:s review. But hey, it's on... oooh wait, it's just on the 360 and Steam. I heard that the developers didn't want it to be a shelf release.

Bigeyez

Apr 26, 2009
Really? Everything I've seen/read/heard/thedemoiveplayed all point to the fact that this is a terrible game. The premise isn't even all that original when you consider time travel has been used again and again in games.

I don't see how you could find something like this monstrosity of a game remotely ok, yet bash shooters that are much better. Meh to each his own I guess.

bartholen said:
*snipBut hey, it's on XBLA, so you can't expect pretty much from it.
No, it's a full $50 game. It isn't an arcade title...which makes it's crappyness even worse.