Zero Punctuation: DeathSpank & Limbo

Pyode

Jul 1, 2009
Arcanist said:
JacobyPAX said:
I feel that the starcraft quip at the end was unnecessary, and if Yahtzee wants to rip into a game he should at least have the decency to do a full review on it.
I agree. I mean, if he hates a game he's played, that's fine. But he should at least give it a shot before dismissing it so offhandedly.
He doesn't hate Starcraft. He isn't reviewing it because he doesn't understand the genre and knows he wont be able to give it a good review. He specificaly said this in his Extra Punctuation on RTS's.

The note at the end of the review was a jab at all of the people he knows will be on his ass about him not reviewing it, despite already explaining why he wont.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Deathspank is the goods, though the humour is probably more "refreshing" than "good."

Haven't tried Limbo, but it seems worth it.

Varewulf

Nosgoth Fanboy
Oct 22, 2009
I suppose this is all the mention we'll get on Transformers? I was hoping he'd do a full review, but I guess I can't have my way all the time. :p

rabidkanid

Mar 26, 2008
"Starcraft 2 can continue sucking it"
THANKYOU!!
You sir are a breath of fresh air in a sea of annoying praise for every cough and piss of nostalgia a developer relies on.

Arcanist

Feb 24, 2010
Pyode said:
Arcanist said:
JacobyPAX said:
I feel that the starcraft quip at the end was unnecessary, and if Yahtzee wants to rip into a game he should at least have the decency to do a full review on it.
I agree. I mean, if he hates a game he's played, that's fine. But he should at least give it a shot before dismissing it so offhandedly.
He doesn't hate Starcraft. He isn't reviewing it because he doesn't understand the genre and knows he wont be able to give it a good review. He specificaly said this in his Extra Punctuation on RTS's.

The note at the end of the review was a jab at all of the people he knows will be on his ass about him not reviewing it, despite already explaining why he wont.
I know he doesn't hate the game, but he shouldn't dismiss a game unless he's played it. The comment at the end of this ZP just smacks of antagonizing dick move.

Pyode

Jul 1, 2009
Arcanist said:
I know he doesn't hate the game, but he shouldn't dismiss a game unless he's played it. The comment at the end of this ZP just smacks of antagonizing dick move.
Again, he's not "dismissing" the game. He's "dismissing" all of the people who will (and no doubt already have) send him tons of emails, tweets, and comments on his reviews about how he should review a game that he has already said he didn't want to review.

If people would just chill out and let him review what he wants, he wouldn't have to try so hard to get his point across.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Yahtzee claims he won't review SC2 but we all know from his SSBB review that even if he really, really doesn't want to he will review a game we ***** at him about for long enough.

CaptainKoala

Elite Member
May 23, 2010
Sinclose said:
For some reason, I think this episode felt more like some of the older ZP vids. And for me that's a good thing.
I agree, but is it just me or does it feel like, after every review, you still can't tell if he liked the game or not. He did the normal critic thing of pointing out flaws but he never usually gives his personal opinion on games.

Linkassassin360

Dec 28, 2009
jackanderson said:
Nice review. Definately reminded me of the older ZP's.

I wish Limbo would come to PS3.

On the bright side, this means that the aisle is cleared for a review of Split/Second: Velocity! Right?
Wrong... Sorry, but yahtzee tends to focus on newer games of the generes he likes. FPS's, 3rd person shooters, 3rd person puzzle/platforming. He doesnt quite strike me as a fan of racing games,so its much more likely hes gonna review that transformers game, or possibly another retro review. Shame though, Split/second would make for a funny review, he would bash its name no doubt.

NostalgiaImitator

Dec 3, 2008
If you never branch out you will continue being disappointed by run of the mill shooters with crappy story and standard graphics, etc.

But w/e I'd prefer you didn't review SC2 because you would do what you did to Halo 3, not check out SC1 story and say "Durr, Idk the story so I'm gonna criticize the story because I don't know what's going on even tho story is what I claim to care about most durr."

Why don't you go review one of the worst representatives of the RTS genre with Halo Wars again and do it again on a console not designed for RTS play (any non computer). We don't want you on SC2, the flagship for the genre.

Pyode

Jul 1, 2009
Linkassassin360 said:
Actually, he said he was playing Split/Second: Velocity in the most recent Extra Punctuation, so he probably will be reviewing it. However, it's unclear if he will be reviewing it next week or the week after.

Linkassassin360

Dec 28, 2009
Pyode said:
Linkassassin360 said:
Actually, he said he was playing Split/Second: Velocity in the most recent Extra Punctuation, so he probably will be reviewing it. However, it's unclear if he will be reviewing it next week or the week after.
Whoops, havent gotten around to reading that quite yet.

Mattteus

May 1, 2009
I don't know what it is about eastern European cartoons but they are all so dreary and depressing... and it's the love of money that is the root of all evil, not money itself.

Thunderhorse31

Apr 22, 2009
Well since I don't really want to try eating a dick at the moment, I better go download one of these right now.
sheesh, talk about playing hardball

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Woooo Double-Bill!! I love these. Yahtzee should review small indie titles more often.

Anyway, on topic, both look super duper awesome, but I'm reallu strapped for cash at the moment, and I've got a large pile of other games that need finishing. Maybe sometime in the future. I think I'll get DeathSpank, if I can find it on special on the PSN one day.

Funkiest Monkey

Jul 10, 2010
JacobyPAX said:
Yahtzee said in the latest Extra Punctuation that he will not review Starcraft 2, ever. He made it quite clear he doesn't like RTS games. [small]Meanwhile, I'm gonna go and cry that my computer can't run SC2. But as soon as I get my new rig, that game is top priority![/small]

OT: This review made me laugh, especially the closing joke. I had the same problem with Deathspank, although it was funny, the gameplay did grate on me a bit.

However, in my opinion, Limbo can piss off. I said it when Braid came out, and I'll say it now, I couldn't give a flying fuck if it's "artistic". I'm not paying 1200 bloody points for an extremely short game. Now don't get me wrong, we do need more original and creative games, but I'm not willing to spend my money on it. I'm sure it's a good experience though, so maybe I'll buy it when it's "Deal Of The Week" or something.

JacobPlackett

Oct 25, 2008
I couldn't agree with him on the War For Cybertron thing. Not challenging? I see this man hasn't fought Trypticon on hard without Co-Op.

Littlee300

Oct 26, 2009
Flash games I played I like better then Limber and they don't have 20 pounds of cash in development, but that is just me.