Zero Punctuation: Dragon Age: Origins

Tevana

Mar 28, 2010
I was an elf too playing and got the same "Hello you are an elf" and I played as a mage so I got some dialog"Hello you are an Elf, ack and a mage please dont turn me into a frog!" which I found humorous.

darkscum

Apr 30, 2009
Hallow said:
But I'm guessing, from Yahtzee and my friends, that they do it so well that it's still engrossing and enjoyable as if it was something brand new.
(I'm still gonna rent it first though)
finally, some one who understands about yahzee's method of review, there are always things to complain about be it the lack of originality of it or that it's just pants on head retarded. But whether its a good game or not is a different point, I may be wrong in assuming this about yatz' but some one who would have played it for 25 hours with out trying to shove the controller through the screen, would usually still be there because it's enjoyable...

besides he doesn't really have chance to admit a liking for the games because of his fearsome reputation for defiling them, but in some he does suggest.

romxxii

Feb 18, 2010
I guess there are still people who still don't realize that Yahtzee shares a lot in common with Simon Cowell; British,sexually ambivalent, and paid to rip something apart, which in Yahtzee's case is games. The whole point is that he's supposed to criticize a game in the most creative way possible while throwing in a dick reference or two. People affected by Yahtzee's negative criticism are like Christian fundies who get angry at the scientists for coming up with theories far more plausible than "invisible man makes universe, worship him."

Now if you're offended by his alleged lack of talent, then what the fuck are you doing here, then? Pissed off that Yahtzee gets paid to troll gamers while you have to hold a regular job like the rest of the world? If you don't like it, avoid it. That's why I don't watch most of the tripe on The Escapist.

Neferius

Sep 1, 2010
Hey! Where can I play any of those Games ...no not Dragon-Age, I've already played that ^-^
I'm talking about those Games he ...oh, Nevermind! Here's the Link =P : http://www.escapistmagazine.com/games/stonking_great/

toapat

Mar 28, 2009
I personally have dumped well over 40 hours into the game, and there still is no end in sight. Dragon Age is a game which neither wants to end, nor is it balanced well. before i installed any of the DLC, the enemies were able to remove my entire party's kneecaps, while bosses simply oneshotted Allistair through the heaviest armor i had obtained upto that point. upon installing the DLC, the game becomes a triviality, with problems only occuring when the dragons, ogres, and bosses use their "fuck you up the ass with a chainsaw" moves. the gap between normal and easy difficulty is a trench a thousand miles across.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
saying fantasy RPGs should not have human elf and dwarf because Tolkein did it is liek saying FPS should not have weapons because halo doom did it.