Zero Punctuation: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Enslaved: Odyssey to the West.

Watch Video

Jul 22, 2009
Ha that was funny. I still need to play Enslaved for myself but I can't be bothered with Halo: Reach sitting right there...

AlissaX70

Apr 24, 2008
I'm glad he mention how this game was NOTHING RELATED TO JOURNEY TO THE WEST!!

Anyone wanna tell me why Western culture has this fascination with that story?

Leave that story to Damon Albarn, Ninja Theory...

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Lovely review. This one actually got me to laugh, particularly with the "sucked off in a wind tunnel" line.

PAGEToap44

Jul 16, 2008
Well I thought Enslaved would be shit. I was right.

EDIT: Boogaboogaboogabooga!!!! 0_o ...... XD

Jesus, chill out.

Slangeveld

Jun 1, 2010
xD Halo would probably benefit from being based on Pride and Predujic.. That.

I wonder what writers like that would think of games.

About To Crash

Apr 24, 2009
"The Platforming is linear to the point of being prohibitive." That's all I needed to hear. The only thing about Enslaved that had me interested from the beginning was the chance to really explore this massive apocalypse/nature re-imagining, and I suspected from gameplay videos that it wasn't likely that was going to happen. Then Yahtzee, who I know has a love for exploration given his previous statements, hits the final nail in the coffin. No Enslaved, I'm not going to buy you. I'm not going to rent you. Thank you, Yahtzee.

harv3034

Sep 23, 2010
I've been looking forward to this all week, and now I fell ... a bit underwhelmed actualy.

I must admit that the review went pretty much the way I expected but the uncharacteristicly small number of curses, jokes at the game's expence, and general "Laugh My Ass Off" moments left me feeling a bit shorted. To me this seemed like he just kind of went through it just for the sake of getting it done.

ForensicYOYO

Jun 12, 2010
After reading several reviews on this game Im not surprised at your response. Good review though.

Turkey Braveheart

Apr 15, 2010
Whatever happened to original ideas?

I like good sequels, reboots and reimaginings too but it's pretty clear the tank of good, appropriate ideas has run dry.

Theolos88

Sep 7, 2010
It's hard to tell a good game from a bad one with Yahtzee... I understand, that its not the goal in these ranting reviews, but maybe some kind of shitometer would be appropriate to tell is the game worth buying or not? For instance other reviews of C:LoS made me quite confident i wanna play it. And watching Yahtzee's episode about it i can really tell no difference in the attitude in comparison to this one.

Dak_N_Jaxter

Oct 23, 2009
Ironic.
This is the only week I said you probably wouldn't review this then you did.

Anyway, yeah, similar sentiments really.

Another thing that seemed off was the pacing. All up to the wind-farm seemed like the first act, but it ended up being the first two thirds of the whole game. It really rushed it after that.

Still fun though. I actually thought the combat was pretty intense.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Lmfao Oh man, I was rolling with this one. I'm in my College's library right now and getting funny looks as I try to hold back my laughter haha

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I'd almost say this game is worse than Heavenly Sword; atleast there the combat was halfway decent.

With Enslaved the platforming aswell as the combat controls feel like a rusty doorknob.