Zero Punctuation: F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate

zacoid5

Nov 4, 2007
Well. I wasn't expecting F.E.A.R.
But still, you still make me hate the game as much as I obviously should do.
Good one Yahtzee.

Bfox

Nov 18, 2007
Yep, that is what I expected from it. Thanks for showing me I was right..

btw, got any plans to review Oblivion? I think you'd know what to do with that..

GustavB

Nov 28, 2007
Funny as always, but where are the Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Ace Combat 6 and Call of Duty 4 reviews? >:{

Hypersapien

Nov 14, 2007
I don't know. It didn't seem as angry as you usually do. Understandable, though. You did say you were jetlagged. Plus, you've just had a week of being catered to by the good folks at Valve.

Hopefully by next week you'll be back to the raving, game-shitting-on Yahtzee we all come to know and love.

Crooked Knight

Nov 8, 2007
I want whoever comes up with "FEAR: Perseus Mandate" to team up with whoever thought of "Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow" and create the most impenetrably-named creative work of all time.

(I've never played FEAR and don't want to, so this is as close as I'm going to come to an on-topic post.)

MrKeroChan

Oct 3, 2007
hmmm... a lot of FPS games... why not review something different? a GOOD RPG perhaps or maybe the Escapist could make him review a turn based strategy game just to hear how much he loathes them.

Boricua_bob

Nov 8, 2007
I'm a bit scared to see a Mario Galaxy review only because of what's so good about it, disconcerning the easy curve and the gazillion 1up's you get in the game in comparison to the bazzillion Star Bits you get in the game.

Sweet review, even though I have no such systems or a strong enough PC.

YeOldeMunger

Nov 28, 2007
I'd just like to say congratulation to not giving in, both to you and The Escapist. I think I would've been a bit disappointed if the review was on of the ones people have been screaming for. Glad to see you're reviewing what you want, and also.. it was great as ever. I'm out of the country at the moment, and GOD it's good to here something with true British humour once a week.

Lord Scottish

Nov 28, 2007
Same experience with F.E.A.R. here too. A really great game a couple of years ago but overpriced for its length and you needed a $10 million rig to run it properly. Liked the game, played the demo for the 1st expansion. Don't care about this one. It's time for Monolith to move on.

EDIT: I've already acknowledged my mistake about Monolith making the expansion packs for F.E.A.R. in a later post. Although it is funny to me that people would point out MY lack of research without bothering to read all the posts on this forum.

hickwarrior

a samurai... devil summoner?
Nov 7, 2007
Great review, Yahtzee.

So where is that ZP-style art of theft review? :p I didn't make it though. I swear. Don't look at me like that.

Nightex

Nov 14, 2007
well i didn't see this one coming but glad it was done. i played the original FEAR and thought it was alot of fun after all at the time it was new and different. but seeing as how this game is quite literally a copy of the first game on the same engine it seems very out of place. and then throw in the fact that there is already a real sequel to the game in the works (Project Origin) this thing was just a way for the company who owns the title to make some money on it with little or no work.

Lord Scottish

Nov 28, 2007
hickwarrior said:
Great review, Yahtzee.

So where is that ZP-style art of theft review? :p I didn't make it though. I swear. Don't look at me like that.
Google (or whatever you use) "Some Punctuation". It's on a few different sites.

Truglington

Nov 28, 2007
The Youtube guy who made that ZP-style Art of Theft review actually did a convincing job. Albeit his vocal clarity leaves something to be desired (and sounds whiney) and all he did was steal Yahtzee's ZP template.
Maybe you can make him your understudy eh, Yahtzee?

Bitterness

Nov 28, 2007
Awesome review, Yahtzee.

FYI: Here is the linkage for you people.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6XSpPIBvjN4