Zero Punctuation: F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate

Aihal

Oct 18, 2007
Boricua_bob said:
I'm a bit scared to see a Mario Galaxy review only because of what's so good about it, disconcerning the easy curve and the gazillion 1up's you get in the game in comparison to the bazzillion Star Bits you get in the game.

Sweet review, even though I have no such systems or a strong enough PC.
I think the 1ups in Mario Galaxy were just a way of quietly removing the concept of lives from the game. If you took out all the free 1ups you wouldn't make the game any harder, just more frustrating IMHO.

Kogepan

Nov 9, 2007
Yahtzee did seem a bit tired this week and it seemed a bit flat (also the game seemed to be completely boring and sometimes a game is so bad, one can't even do a proper ranty review). Completely understandable after flying back and forth over the Pacific. At least he didn't crash his car like I did after I did the same thing.

Looking forward to his more lively ranty usual self next week.

Hypersapien

Nov 14, 2007
alter Egon said:
I think yatzee should review himself for being such a dork and reviewing games nobody cares about
Like I said earlier. He seemed a bit off this week. I think it's good that he used this week to review a lesser game that no one cares about (and I had never even heard of) and get back to doing the big-name games next week.

BTW, I just watched the AoT review. Awesome. That guy needs to do 5DaS and 7DaS

choaskast

Nov 28, 2007
the scearch for the 1 dementional idea stealing tard american continues if u know him and see him in the street throw petrol at him and light him or at least kick him in the bollocks

platonov

Nov 26, 2007
yahtzee's a great thing for videogames

but charlie brooker called, he wants his schtick back....

Alphazero

Nov 28, 2007
Just don't make him repeat the phrase, "Absolutely sublime from start to finish," as jabbing forks in his eyes might impact the quality of his art.

Alchymist

Nov 28, 2007
Was an unexpected game this week, still pretty good but needs more anger!

Also the AoT review started here if you're interested.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=33337&page=74

Personally I thought it was a great parody, not something I'd set someone on fire for but for what it was I thought it was pretty funny.

Papou

Oct 12, 2007
I think Yahtzee like Assassin's Creed too much, that's why I didn't do a review about the bloody game :eek:P.

Bfox

Nov 18, 2007
Boricua_bob said:
I'm a bit scared to see a Mario Galaxy review only because of what's so good about it, disconcerning the easy curve and the gazillion 1up's you get in the game in comparison to the bazzillion Star Bits you get in the game.
Oh well, helps keep the game more casual. Anyway is annoying having to lose all your lifes everytime you play again so this aspect helps...
One thing that annoyed me with Super mario galaxy is how if you fall into lava you lose 1 lil bit of health and you fall into sand.. you die.. what is going on there? I thought games always tought us to be able to jump out of sand and let lava be the insta death..

beoweasel

Nov 26, 2007
Bitterness said:
Awesome review, Yahtzee.

FYI: Here is the linkage for you people.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6XSpPIBvjN4
I give him a B+ for effort, but its hard to make out what he's saying. And I will give him a few points for trying to parody Yahtzee.

the_pearson_person

Sep 6, 2007
"You're obviously a none existant create of myth"

LOL! Loved it.

On Facebook? Join the ZP group here:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6725770567

Cheers!

ShmenonPie

Nov 15, 2007
Hypocrasy. I am disappointed, Yahtzee.
You spend all week saying nasty things about other people's games, and then get all defensive and annoyed when someone tries to criticise your own work, and it really isn't good enough.
Awesome review, though, as always.

njsykora

Sep 11, 2007
I was waiting and waiting and seriously hoping for him to mention the Art of Theft. Should've known he wasn't going to let it go unnoticed.

Lunarbunny

Nov 28, 2007
I think the whole explanation for the bullet time in the game was that said faceless protagonist was "off the charts" concerning his reflexes, said sometime in the intro scene of the original game.

I never finished the original game. I kind of got bored of the same environments over and over. "Oh, boy, another abandoned office building! More apartments! Let's go through 5 dozen levels of parking garage, and yes, there will be 2 clones behind the left-side cover and 1 behind the crate to the right, and one waiting to jump you just around the corner." Plus there was never really a reason to use your melee except the once where the tutorial said or if you were out of ammo (which never happened), so one of the more exciting points of combat got completely left out.