Zero Punctuation: Gears of War 2

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Gears of War 2

This week Zero Punctuation reviews Gears of War 2, but only for all you big manly men.

Watch Video

Volucer

Sep 4, 2008
Loved it. I just got it over the weekend, and I've got to say that although I can see everything good about the game, I just can't seem to enjoy it. Also I'm suprised nothing was said about
how well your armour protects you from falls in the final act. You fall from a platform, cage and house and survive completely unschated

Speccr

Jan 5, 2009
I lol'd. That was awesome.

EDIT: Whats up with all the losers posting before they watch it? Wow..

LesIsMore

Jul 22, 2008
Finally, a brief mention of Gears of War 2! Can't say I'm surprised to see he (sort of) liked it - in its previous E3 and award show mentions images seemed to be a bit more supportive of it than other titles. And really, Gears of War is nothing more than what it is and it's comforting to see that Yahtzee recognizes this.

And I love the fact he felt the need to defend last week's FarCry 2 accent.

So he's worked through his promised backlog - wonder what comes next?

Avida

Oct 17, 2008
Wow, this one was almost a return to form IMO, he really needs to stop reusing certain gags though, the triple cunted hooker in particular is getting a bit old. Also HAHAHA at all those banned above me.

Angrywyvern

Sep 30, 2008
Yeah, I didn't like Gears of War 2 that much, I was kind of bored through most of it, I don't know why though.

I loved the bit about the chest high walls, lol.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
I wondered why he did the voice in the last one thought he might of lost a bet or something clearly not the case.

Sigh, why is it shooters and stories rarely get along well.
Edited

Clairaudient

Aug 12, 2008
keyper159 said:
cool new video but why are so many people banned for those posts??
They posted their "lolllzlz I LOVE YTAHAZEEE" before they could have even finished watching the actual video. The video was up around noon, lasted 5 minutes and there's people commenting on it by 12:01

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
They're banned because they replied before actually watching the video.

Which was awesome, by the way!

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
keyper159 said:
Because they are posting before it's even possible to have watched the movie. Therefore it's a pointless post when you're saying 'That was awesome!' (See past tense) when you haven't even watched it yet.

On topic, I was surprised he was so nice to the game! I figured he'd be pretty harsh!
Not too shabby.

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
Best review in a while. Not only did he engage in constructive criticism, but he succeeded for the first time in month in making me laugh out loud.
"Sometimes popular things are popular for a reason. Because they're good... or because Will Smith is in it." HAHAHAHA

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Clairaudient said:
keyper159 said:
They posted their "lolllzlz I LOVE YTAHAZEEE" before they could have even finished watching the actual video. The video was up around noon, lasted 5 minutes and there's people commenting on it by 12:01
*nods and shines hammer*

Spacewolf

May 21, 2008
i love it when the first 9 people are just intantly suspeneded, yea that reveiw was pretty good as it covered most of what gears 2 is, its gears one part two rather than a whole new game.