Zero Punctuation: Gears of War 2

BrainedbySaucepans

Dec 23, 2008
lol, loved this game, but as usual. yahtzee has managed to pinpoint all the things that ARE bad about it, especially the AI; seriously, the number of time's I've bled out while Dom happily stands on my head is ridiculous.

anti_strunt

Aug 26, 2008
Wee, in before the second page.

Too bad he never did GoW 1; would've been fun for comparisons sake...

Taranoleion

Dec 26, 2008
I love how the stupid AI is always made fun of, and it's done in the most hilarious way.
"... the frustrating kind of dodgy, where they fail to notice that your lungs are poking out of your ears, so you have to crawl over to where they're hiding and then they run away because a sparrow farted next to their head and then you die and have to start the encounter all over again..."
After I saw the sparrow saying "sorry" I laughed for about 3 minutes. xD

Zayus

Nov 26, 2008
Will smith? wth xD

I like gears and gears 2 for the shear good gameplay. The story dose not mather as long as you can chainsaw som random creature in two to show of your awsome manlyness.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
Wow, Yahtzee actually liked it...very true with the whole "Chest high walls" part, I never thought about it like that.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Deleted by myself becuase it was said about six times or so already and also right after this post.

Feb 13, 2008
keyper159 said:
cool new video but why are so many people banned for those posts??
It takes about 5 minutes to watch the video. Anyone trying for a first post gets the banhammer, and you can see why.

Clairaudient

Aug 12, 2008
Spinwhiz said:
*nods and shines hammer*
Hey Spin, I just just received my prize for the 'Easiest WoW' contest ever this morning. Says it cost 45$ in shipping? That's a bit steep for me doing nothing to earn it (plus the cost of the prize itself!).

The_root_of_all_evil said:
keyper159 said:
It takes about 5 minutes to watch the video. Anyone trying for a first post gets the banhammer, and you can see why.
I think you got ninja'd on this one root. =P

excessum ado

Dec 27, 2007
This one has been the funniest one in quite a while. I havent laughed alot at a few of the more recent installments but this one was spot on.

Ultimateslayer

Sep 21, 2008
I really enjoyed the return of the triple cunted hooker (that was the weirdest sentence I ever wrote my entire life) but i agree that the accent last week was pretty odd.

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
Awesome bannage.

I never really jumped onto the GOW train. I tried playing a couple odd levels at a friend's house and didn't find the game that appealing. Great review Yahtzee.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
A return to the flippity glombo spletch. Seriously, this feels a lot more like a legitimate review than four minutes of hilarious cynical ragging. I had a feeling he was going to dislike it based solely on the big tough "space marines" in ridiculous suits of powered armor fighting waves of monsters who are monstrously thick, but what I didn't expect were the more subtle gay jokes (in comparison to, say, Army of Two), Freud (FNARR FNARR made me laugh) and Will Smith.

And even if Cliffy B got a big "Fuck You," I'm sure Yahtzee still considers him an extremely sexy man.

Very good, quite funny, will watch again.

Optimystic

Sep 24, 2008
D_987 said:
Wow, Yahtzee actually liked it...very true with the whole "Chest high walls" part, I never thought about it like that.
Of course he liked it, it's an amazing game!

Hilarious as always, keep it up.

EDIT: And Will Smith makes EVERYTHING better!

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Clairaudient said:
Spinwhiz said:
*nods and shines hammer*
Hey Spin, I just just received my prize for the 'Easiest WoW' contest ever this morning. Says it cost 45$ in shipping? That's a bit steep for me doing nothing to earn it (plus the cost of the prize itself!).

The_root_of_all_evil said:
keyper159 said:
I think you got ninja'd on this one root. =P
Yeah well, we like our community, so we hook you guys up. :)

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
TheHecatomb said:
Lucane said:
I wondered why he did the voice in the last one thought he might of lost a bet or something clearing not the case.
You are thick.
Oh heh heh I ment clearly instead of clearing. I never would of gotten the bad South African thing his Austrailian rang out more to me than that did.

Or did I miss something else too?

ghostgnome

Jun 26, 2008
2 eggs, toast, and a heaping helping of Zero Punctuation to start my day.

The review was really funny. I can't wait to see what you have in store for next week