Zero Punctuation: Gears of War 2

DrummerM

Nov 24, 2008
As a big fan of both Gears of War 2 and Zero Punctuation, I must say I'm rather surprised that Yahtzee had good things to say about it. Judging from what he's said in previous reviews, it didn't seem like he'd enjoy it too much (What with the whole "space marines killing hordes of aliens" plotline).

There were a few things I disagree with Yahtzee about, mostly the friendly A.I's actions when you get downed by enemy fire. Most of the time when it happens to me, at least one of the other guys will come over, revive me, and resume fire. Occasionally they all concentrate fire on one big enemy and seemingly forget about me. Oh, and as far as I can tell your friendly team mates only revive you on the lower difficulties (Casual and Normal). Anything above and you don't get a second chance. And the whole "charging into enemies to carve them up with your chainsaw" doesn't usually work on the higher difficulties.

But those two minor points aside, this was a good review.

HadesWTF

Jun 4, 2008
Talk about a flashback big enough to cause a brain hemorrhage. (the Getaway)

Good review, funny in a very good way.

I have a hard time caring for Gear of War 2 though.

Toomachine

Sep 10, 2008
High chest walls. That was classic.

Surprised how he didn't mention Baird's pessimistic, smart-assy attitude and Cole's hyper active shenanigans throughout the storyline. Both my favorite characters aren't even mentioned, but still very nice job.

darmey

Sep 10, 2008
Great review, but then the double kick to the balls with the unfunny guy at the end who brought along clips of the absolutely terrible "The Getaway". >_<

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Muh...I prefered Cliffy B back when he was making awesome platformer/shooters about Bunnies. I miss Jazz Jack Rabbit...

Great Video, by the way.

flaming_squirrel

Jun 28, 2008
IT'S THE COLE TRAIN BABY!

GoW is one of those odd games which I've always sort of liked playing, but never actually got excited over. The game-play might be solid and entertaining enough, but when the plot to back it up is as weak as Atlantic Ocean piss it tends to lack the critical aspect to draw you in.
Also did anyone else laugh for a good few minutes when Dom finally found his wife? I sure as hell did, now THAT'S entertainment.

Liked this one more then last weeks, had a bit more review in it (not that the last one was bad, just lacking in the 'actually looking at game-play' section).

lukemdizzle

Jul 7, 2008
basically sums it up. gears 2 is dump as shit but its still fun to blow up skyscraper size monsters with oversized guns

bitzi61

Jan 28, 2009
Yahtzee had it right on the money!
All I gotta say is "Go Go Gadget, WILL SMITH!"
LOL!

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Yahtzee has a point, why does everything Will Smith appear in get popular almost automatically?
i loved the joke about Simon Cowell XD great review Yahtzee!

SpyOfGeneralTso

Jan 21, 2009
I'm curious as to why the Multiplayer aspect wasn't covered, though. I would think that even fragments of the atrocious Matchmaking or the Invincible Chainsaw tactics would have caught even his attention.

Despite this, what he said was still funny, AND true. Hats off to him.

Sir_Chumley_Warner

Dec 25, 2008
That was informative, not that I didn't already surmise this anyway but it's a lot more funny with cartoons and an Australian voiceover.

Yahtzee, if you're reading: If GD goes through and you guys get picked up by some TV network, grab an interview with Noah Antwiler,(spoonyexperiment.com) I've never seen him interviewed and I think you could come up with some good questions. If you haven't heard of him, he is an extremely funny and witty individual who does reviews of old movies and strange/old/broken games as well as reviews of modern games and movies too.(not that todays games aren't broken or strange as well.)

crimped

Feb 3, 2008
meh, game sucked review sucked. i think my computer screen may implode from all this sucking!

zoozilla

Dec 3, 2007
Surprising that Yahtzee liked it, to be sure.

Though it's good that at least some mainstream games are good, as about 95% of all games ever made are meant to be "mainstream".

RogueDarkJedi

Dec 28, 2008
Okay, it seemed like he mostly liked it. But even after watching, I'm still not really sure.

Doesn't matter I guess. The episode was funny...unlike this week's Unskippable.