Zero Punctuation: Gears of War 2

Muphin_Mann

Oct 4, 2007
I wonder if i should pick this up. See, i hated the first one. I got about to the point were some guy dies at the hands of a big alien walking down the street (2 or 3 levels in) and i said "F*** this shit." and i traded it in. Then i was perfectly happy playing Halo and Half-Life. But people are raving about this sequal so it must be better. Right?

FlawedLegacy

Jan 28, 2009
Yahtzee you Charistmatic Stallion,
once again completely right.

I gotta say, it may have been quite a while ago (Orginal Xbox while ago...) that i played Gears 1, but when i finished the first level of Gears 2 i couldn't help but think its exactly what i experienced in the first game... that not much had changed... may have just been me though.

Keep up the epic reviews

Cryofthewolf

Feb 28, 2008
This one was one of the funniest Zero Punctuation reviews of all time.

"...mother nature will drop rock walls out of the sky..."

^_^

MorkFromOrk

Sep 9, 2007
This was one of Yahtzee's best game reviews. I liked the game but you know...After a few hours I was kinda like "Yeah OK, I've already done this scenario." Just like when I played Halo 3 and felt that it was all getting a little long in the tooth.

Too I didn't like the A.I. all that much. I mean what kind of capable military squad runs right out in front of your line of fire???

All in all the macho-man third person shooter is feeling mighty stale these days. I think game studios should take a break from post-armageddon first/third person shooters (except for Bioshock 2 of course) for awhile and try something else for a change.

Xaositect

Mar 6, 2008
Having been unable to load last weeks vid, I was gratified to see this one come off with out a hitch, and be made of awesome. Im glad to see no mercy whatsoever was shown to this games absolutely preposterous overly macho masturbatory nature. The characters are ridiculous and 2 dimensional, anyone with half a brain can tell this. This of course means that the developers must be severely lacking in brains to try and miserably attempt to convince us for a second they arent just chainsaw-gun wielding monuments of insecure masculinity.

Oh, and nice to see a stab in regards to the second of Gears of War's pathetic and pretentious trailers. Why dramatise a game that could be changed to "Meat at War", which is about pieces of meat shooting and sawing up other pieces of meat, and little beyond aesthetics would be changed?

The only way I will ever respect Gears of War is if they stop trying to make it look refined and instead let it show fully that its nothing more than a brainless shoot-&-saw-em-up-fest, which I can understand people honestly enjoying. The trailers should be composed of frenetic in game combat footage with heavy metal music playing over the top, emphasising the simplicity of the game. Not some sack of meat staring longingly at a photo of his wife while riding a drillevator underground with emotional music playing. Pfeh.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
LOL. it was funny nd for a change he din't talked the game down all over. good thing i din't get it. was always sceptical about it.

Auron555

Jun 15, 2008
Awww, my chin isn't NEARLY big enough to play this game...
Guess I'll wait and see for the third one.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
he finally reviewed it, im so happy. that was funny as hell, at first i couldnt figure out what the QTE was but then i remembered, the chainsaw duels with the drones, palace gaurds, and Skorge

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Auron555 said:
dude, why do you want to wait til the 3rd one, even though it is enevitable, you still got to play it.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
The chest high walls point is a good one that I didn't consider before.

Either way the main problem and good thing about Gears 2 is thats its to much the same as the first.

Auron555

Jun 15, 2008
ssgt splatter said:
Auron555 said:
dude, why do you want to wait til the 3rd one, even though it is enevitable, you still got to play it.
...joke?

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
Spinwhiz said:
Clairaudient said:
keyper159 said:
cool new video but why are so many people banned for those posts??
They posted their "lolllzlz I LOVE YTAHAZEEE" before they could have even finished watching the actual video. The video was up around noon, lasted 5 minutes and there's people commenting on it by 12:01
*nods and shines hammer*
I've always wondered, is there a competition to see who can ban/suspend the most amount of people on these threads, or do you just take turns?

anmolngm

Oct 19, 2008
Just a quick question but why are the first people that respond to Zero Punctuation banned?

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Did he really just contradict himself at the end or was it solely to build up the will smith joke?

Anyway, not surprised he didn't like it but...I am surprised he didn't hate it. Apparently because the levels had variety = good game.