Zero Punctuation: Gears of War 2

beddo

Dec 12, 2007
Mighdas said:
Well Yahtzee, if it makes you feel better, Dom ends up killing his wife in the end...
Nice, it's called a spoiler. You just have to put "spoiler" at the beginning and "/spoiler" at the end with each enclosed by '[' ']'.

beddo

Dec 12, 2007
Odoylerules360 said:
the chest-high-walls were glaringly obvious in the first one too.
I like active reloading, even though it is a QTE.

And it's good to see people getting banned for commenting before they watch the video.
It's not really a quick time event. By that standard shooting when an enemy comes out of cover is a quick time event.

Quick time events are generally integral to the progression in the game, for example if you don't press a button at the correct time your character dies.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
I think this episode is pretty much everything ZP needs to be; there's no blabby-blabby-bullshit in the beginning and Yahtzee does what he is supposed to do: picks every single bad thing about it and then beats it brutally to death with them (though not as brutally as he could, but we saw what that means in Sonic Unleashed). And the triple-cunted hooker joke was actually quite appropriate, because like CoD4, this is also an extremely popular mainstream shooter which has received tons of praise.

DiamondJack

Jul 11, 2008
I would have to imagine they were baned for posting pointless twadle. The kinde of genaric comments that are only intended to usurp the coveted "first one to post" award. Who wants to read retarded statements like "loved it", "great", & "watched it". Good for you trained monkeys, but why did you like it or is that to complicated a thought process. I think Yatzee or whoever band those posts was hoping for more intelligent comments then what you find on YouTube, and if so can you realy blame the moderator?

Quelthazar

Jan 26, 2009
nice. great to see that there are games that Yahtzee even likes. haven't really played it myself but maybe someday...

tobyornottoby

Jan 2, 2008
ultimatechance said:
hahahaha, chest high walls and the shawshank references were the best. (Edit: Did no one else really get the shawshank reference?)
Nope I thought SR was one of those fabled 'gender-neutral' movies (so not just for girls, or is that the joke? <.<)

ultimatechance

Dec 24, 2008
tobyornottoby said:
ultimatechance said:
hahahaha, chest high walls and the shawshank references were the best. (Edit: Did no one else really get the shawshank reference?)
Nope I thought SR was one of those fabled 'gender-neutral' movies (so not just for girls, or is that the joke? <.<)
lol, i dont get it. Its about a man who struggles to survive in prison, so i dont see how thats for girls whatsoever. But the reference goes perfectly with the whole "happy ending" topic that Yahtzee was talking about.

Malkavian

Jan 22, 2009
Having only played GoW 2 for 2 hours or so, Yahtzee seemed to acknowledge all my views on the game. And as always, it was done with bitter style.
5 tophats for you, sir.

Zenode

Jan 21, 2009
Is it just me or does Yahtzee fail to mention the multiplayer yet again?
I dont really mind but its just that other people babbled on the whole review about "Horde Mode" or what not

btw What the hell was in the background when he said about the "squishy" level?

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Epic fails now adays, even more so when GOW PC hit its DRM "expiration date"..... crap designs and games made for casual gamers gotta love modern gaming...

Zenode said:
Is it just me or does Yahtzee fail to mention the multiplayer yet again?
I dont really mind but its just that other people babbled on the whole review about "Horde Mode" or what not

btw What the hell was in the background when he said about the "squishy" level?
MP is over rated, it should never replace a solid SP experience for a SP based game... .

iateurpie

Jan 31, 2009
i reely like zero punctuation shit for it is funny and original. I don't understand why yahtzee doesn't rule the world with his sadistic critising fist. Any who disagree with me can jump off a bridge before being melted into butter.

Zenode

Jan 21, 2009
iateurpie said:
i reely like zero punctuation shit for it is funny and original. I don't understand why yahtzee doesn't rule the world with his sadistic critising fist. Any who disagree with me can jump off a bridge before being melted into butter.
any other great opinions on the actual game review?
(Does grammar and spelling exist anywhere in that parapgraph of yours?)

Gears of War 2 is a great game it is one of those games where it is a good improvement on the last (and thank god there was no Halo 2 kind of endings) Thank god the campaign was longer I rented Gears of War 1 and beat it way to quickly on Hardcore.

Hopefully Gears of War 3 will top the lot.

goatzilla8463

Dec 11, 2008
i never rly liked gears of war. the first one of just to dark to see anything. i couldn't see where i was going. i kept on getting stuck on various bits of crap

Echo42

Nov 2, 2008
to be honest from what you've spoken of hasnt swayed me in how i see this game, i admit it looks good.. but so do many other things, and they can turn out bad... so im still deciding to avoid Gears 2 like the plague until a free play opportuniy arrises and i can make my decision then.