Zero Punctuation: Gears of War 2

Miss_Fortune

Aug 13, 2008
thank you Yahtzee for making Wednesday bearable.
(the Simon Cowell feature will be implemented in Gears of War 3)

lizards

Jan 20, 2009
i like gears 2 and apparently judging on how he said "good" we know what yahtzee likes

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Great review Yahtzee! And I agree that science facility level was really needless. it didn't really tie in with the rest of the plot at all.

KingPiccolOwned

Jan 12, 2009
Well you've heard it here, Gears2 is actually good. And don't get on me about what Yahtzee said at the beginning with the "Oh, wait there is a QTE. A little one I guess I have to hate it now!" bit because you and I both know that if he isn't bashing a game he essentially has no show. A lesson that Yahtzee admited he learned after his review of Psychonauts, and during his one of Portal.

KingPiccolOwned

Jan 12, 2009
That may have been a problem with your monitor, or whatever the hell you played it on, cause it wasn't that dark for me.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
KingPiccolOwned said:
That may have been a problem with your monitor, or whatever the hell you played it on, cause it wasn't that dark for me.
Yeah it was brown.

PirateKing

Nov 19, 2008
Yahtzee proved something to me in this review. That he can actually like a game despite its popularity. I was starting to think that he wouldn't allow himself to like it.
Thanks for proving me wrong Yahtzee!

Somthing

Jan 12, 2009
i actualy bought the game after i saw the review thingy, and i agreed pretty much with it being mainstream but good :D (oki he didnt quite say good but still) the only thing is that i reacted when there actually were machines to make chest hide walls appear out of the floor. i was like okay there are a lot of walls for cover but hey fuck it i get to kill stuff with a chainsaw.... and then i saw it and was like wait what??? you gotta be shitting me -.- its a good game but the covers got overhand xD

VMerken

Sep 12, 2007
Sounded like a bad Austwalian accent to me. I think I saw enough with Gears 1 and thanks to the internets, I now know the plot of Gears 2 is all about "WHERE'S ME WOIF?!" So thanks internets, I'll just keep the dosh for KZ2 and RE5.

scaler440

Feb 2, 2009
lol funny and most of it is all true....all your videos are funny...get up the good work...

Ormick

Jan 7, 2009
Didn't see the tripple cunted hooker bit coming. Lol old jokes. I also wondered what was up with the locust walls, but I figured them to be part of some sort of arena myself.

rayman 101

Jun 7, 2008
Nice very review by Yahtzee. He made some good points and a lot of valid cons about the game. I personally enjoed Gears of War 2 (although I hadn't had time to finish the campaign). I hope he does a Little Big Planet review. I recently got a Playstation 3 and I've been playing the crap out of MGS 4 and LBP.