Zero Punctuation: Gears of War 2

Agrosmurf

Mar 31, 2009
Great review, I too enjoyed some of the game-play and disliked the irritating cover system the supposably make the game.

UnwishedGunz

Apr 24, 2009
i liked his point about there being chest-high walls it seems there everywhere at least they could do is make a level where there is none

Skull Buster

May 14, 2009
Yeah it's is nice to see him giving a game some good will, but a game as bad as gears of war 2????? maybe it is because I am (trying to be modest here) very good at gears 1 and i like that one because the game play is so much faster and more balanced, and the standed of gears 1 players is so high. still if you just play gears 1 a bit gears 2 might seem good.

HAZEANDHALO

Apr 16, 2009
OMG Gears 2 is better except for the cliffhanger
LOL
still di amyone get the Cry Me A River refrence,
the boat was on the ground then e showed doms wife and dom
Cried Marcus A River

BolognaBaloney

Mar 17, 2009
Terf said:
Hilarious as most of the time. :D There needs to be a "chest high walls" T-Shirt, with two sections of brick or rock colored over the breast [both male and female] regions. ;)
Hahaha, I'd buy a couple

Jun 8, 2009
sleekie said:
-Partial Snip-

And Yahtzee was certainly right about the research lab section. First it's full of Wretches, which aren't exactly scary when it promptly hands you a flamethrower, and then there's the experiments themselves. It's hard to be immersed in the survival-horror atmosphere when you're the one with the chainsaw:

"IT'S A HUGE HORRIBLE THING!!!"
bzzzzzzzzzzCHOPCHOPCHOPBLAAAAARRRRRGH
"Ew, I got bits on me"

Those things ought to fight back the same way as Lancer-armed opponents would.
I agree. That level is the most fun for me though actually because I can go on an insane chainsaw fest. If you could somehow have a chainsaw duel with them it would be a pretty cool level, but with how they swarm you you'd be cut up a ton of times. I find it pretty fun to just have "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING" "bzzzzzZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!!!!!" "There's another one!!" "BzzzzzzzZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!!!"

ward0630

Nov 25, 2009
Well this review seemed like exactly what a ZP review should be. Funny, full of penis jokes, and a little white man with a cool hat. Actually whenever I try to picture yathzee's avatar without his hat, I can't help thinking he looks like something Fox News might dream up. Actually thats an interesting thought. What would Fox do if they saw ZP? probably bash it to shit but somehow manage to get it more viewers than a strip club/bar on a friday night before the end of the world.