Zero Punctuation: Gears of War 3

B0BX

Dec 24, 2008
What did you expect? Gears of War is about chainsaw bayonet vasectomies! Plot and character is for girls and people with sensibly proportioned necks.

Oh, shit ...

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I live on a planet too!

Loved this one as usual. Full of great lines there.

Babitz

Jan 18, 2010
This review was kind of "meh", but that's because the game itself is like that. There was really nothing to say about it since it's just a quick cash grab. Sadly, this won't stop it from being one of the best selling titles of the year.

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
Excellent episode. Even though I love the serious, good as always.
Also, funny about the neck thing, I actually know somebody with a neck very similar to the characters in the game and the manliest chin you could imagine. Me and my friends constantly comment on how fucking manly it is. Never seen anything else like it outside of Gears of War.

SergeantAnt

Feb 27, 2011
Good to know i'm not missing out.

I was very tempted to get this to "finish the story." Yet once i thought about it i could barely remember anything from the previous 2. My friend had to remind me who the final boss in the second was -.-

I'll get this when it's cheap and comes with the map packs already :)

immortalslayer90

Nov 18, 2009
Gears 3 is the first Gears game I have ever bought, and I honestly dont understand what is so great about these games. Seems pretty avaerage to me. It certaintly doesn't seem all that special. Great review by Yahtzee as always.

Gentleman_Reptile

Jan 25, 2010
That mental junk drawer is a compartment I find myself stuffing full all too often nowadays.

Also, cleavage department is not a department. It is an electrified mob vault.

Glowbug

Jul 10, 2011
A brown dreary mess in your memory and on your screen, maybe that's why you'd forget it.

Princess Rose

Jul 10, 2011
Wow Yahtzee - you're making my week.

First Warhammer 40K - now Gears of War. ^^

If you rip on America's shitty educational system next, you'll have hit the trifecta of things I hate. ^^ Horrah!

(and no hate on any other Teachers here - I lament the fact that we're expected to work miracles with a budget that couldn't buy used chewing gum)

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
One of the funnier episodes of recent weeks.

As for the game, while I have no love for the story, setting, characters etc, I did find the basic minute-to-minute gunplay to actually be good fun. It managed to improve on GoW2, which was okay, and GoW1, which was crap.

DelphiSantano

Feb 11, 2009
Very good, as usual :)

Although i hate to get all fanboy-y, i feel i should point out there was nothing about the planet exploding in the game :p

C117

Aug 14, 2009
theriddlen said:
So, Hard Reset next week?
Whelp, I sure hope so. Pretty decent, if obnoxiously difficult. But I guess a challenge is what I have been looking for lately...

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
Thanks for the review, I had always wondered if this game was a rent or buy game and now it would seem I have my answer. Under the norm, I'd have avoided it on the grounds that it's so forgettable, but any game with the dulcet voice of Claudia Black is surely worth a rental in my books.