Zero Punctuation: Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Toprem

Jul 8, 2009
Stoic Person Eater said:
Playing Ghostbusters was kind of like sucking off a pig, now that you mention it.
If that's the case, I guess I need to start sucking off pigs, because the game was fantastic. I half excepted a positive review for the game. Even with it's flaws, the game was awesome, as both a game and a "movie."

Jay Cee

Nov 27, 2008
Instead of making some incredibly predictable "WHO YA GONNA CALL" jokes, all I can say is that the episode is as hilarious as ever.

Such a consistently excellent show.
I was slightly worried that too many people would love this post-release due to nostalgia, but I actually found the title to have some interesting innovations.

MrFluffy-X

Jun 24, 2009
He does make a good point that developers allow some rubbish movie game to come in and be rubbish!

Jay Cee

Nov 27, 2008
And I seem to remember a review early on, speculating that crossing the streams would have no consequences.

I see their taking the Fable 2 overambitious approach.

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
This is weird.

I didn't grow up in the 80's, haven't played the game and never particularly liked the ghostbusters series but I feel outraged.

I like ghostbusters 2 and the extreme ghostbusters series (okay, so I did grow up with that last one along with the real ghostbusters [never got why it was called that]). The things Zp was picking at were the things that were good about GB i.e. the humour. I mean if the crossing streams thing wasn't in the game, there would be fan riots...

civver

May 15, 2009
Humor is lacking. At least he actually talked about the game's features this time.

Inriri

Jun 4, 2008
I wonder if Yahtzee knew that you can upgrade stuff? I stopped having to take a long time to capture a ghost about halfway through the first level thanks to the trap upgrade. Slamming their asses into the trap is much more satisfying.

rickthetrick

Jun 19, 2009
carnkhan4 said:
This is weird.

I didn't grow up in the 80's, haven't played the game and never particularly liked the ghostbusters series but I feel outraged.

I like ghostbusters 2 and the extreme ghostbusters series (okay, so I did grow up with that last one along with the real ghostbusters [never got why it was called that]). The things Zp was picking at were the things that were good about GB i.e. the humour. I mean if the crossing streams thing wasn't in the game, there would be fan riots...
It was called the real ghostbusters cause there was a ghostbusters cartoon featuring a talking car and a damn gorrilla before it. The most retarded cartoon ever. I liked the game, but I can see the valid points he made. He could have pointed out how short the game was as well.

DRADIS C0ntact

Mar 26, 2009
I couldn't disagree more. I enjoyed the writing and the story, and the combat isn't nearly as bad as Yahtzee makes it out to be. It's actually quite simple and fun if you're even a slightly competent gamer, which is why I believe Yahtzee must not be. If he can't seem to get a handle on it, it must be the game's fault, of course... Funny review, as always, but it just goes to show that Yahtzee's reviews cannot be taken seriously when considering whether or not to purchase a game.

SAccharing10

Jul 3, 2008
*sigh* I wish Yahtzee would atleast give us a clue what the game is actually like, instead of just bitching and whining about Hollywood and George Lucas every video. Complaining about everything and not mentioning any of the positives.

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
rickthetrick said:
carnkhan4 said:
This is weird.

It was called the real ghostbusters cause there was a ghostbusters cartoon featuring a talking car and a damn gorrilla before it. The most retarded cartoon ever. I liked the game, but I can see the valid points he made. He could have pointed out how short the game was as well.
are you serious? I've got to find a clip of this ocartoon on youtube...

TheZaius

May 7, 2008
Hah! Burger King Kid's Club! Good stuff...

And the ORIGINAL Ghostbusters kicks all kinds of rear. The gorilla in it is what inspired my avatar.

SandroTheMaster

Apr 2, 2009
Nice all and all but I'm one of these 2 nerds in the world who didn't care the least about this Ghostbusters game. I never found the movies that great either, but that's just me.

On the other hand, the new Dr Who series is the best revival this world ever made. So what if it is about every other character sucking the Doctor's balls? When was ever that Doctor Who WASN'T about the Doctor? Not to mention that it's one of these few times that the new one is better than the Classic one (when I watched Star Trek: New Generation, I thought about how silly the original series would be, then was surprised that the Star Trek Classic is much deeper than any Star Trek nonsense made afterwards. I thought the same would happen with Doctor Who, but as I watched the original series, it just seemed very lacking in comparisson. Besides, the new Doctor Who sometimes have a director who really knows how to creep the hell out of you with weirdness)

(As for the BSG series, both were about the same... if you forget that BSG 1980 ever existed. But if you forget the new series 4th season then the new series is better... so the concept is arbitrary here)

Low Key

May 7, 2009
I have only played through the first couple of missions, but I have enjoyed the game so far.