Zero Punctuation: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars

Racthoh

Feb 9, 2009
Found this week's review a little dull. Nothing that made me laugh out loud like the RE 5 inventory/sidekick rant or what happens when the timer runs out in Halo Wars. He didn't sound as into it as usual, almost monotone at times.

300ccs of medicine said:
I'm really glad that games for the DS and other handhelds are starting to (or always have) suck, mostly because I despise the very existence of handheld game devices, and have since the gameboy came out.
Ditto. At least with the Gamecube it's possible to buy the Gameboy Player attachment and get more enjoyment out of the games.

Slug Nut

Feb 11, 2009
Good 'ol Yahtzee, keeping it real. I was suprised when I read some reviews on how much other reviewers loved it, and then to see Yahtzee bash it brought it back down into reality.

Btw,
Racthoh said:
Ditto. At least with the Gamecube it's possible to buy the Gameboy Player attachment and get more enjoyment out of the games.
I think it was also cheaper than the Game Boy Advance if I remember correctly.

gmanyo

Apr 4, 2009
I was hoping that this game would have something to do with the movie "Chinatown".

Mythbhavd

May 1, 2008
Mr0llivand3r said:
ok someone's gotta tell me

what the fuck is a Branston Pickle and why is it so epic?
It's a pickle relish made in the UK. You can find it in some places in the US and I understand it has a unique tang to it.

sameesme

Jan 19, 2009
damn, I am PS3 owner and I have no hope for anything good coming out for my system for months. CURSE YOU WII-OWNERS! CURSE U NINTENDO!

Shadowlolz

Mar 25, 2009
Well the review was ...wel actually a review he pointed out very valid points within the game i agree with the review but thats usually no shock 70% of the time anyways. I almost pissed myself with the egg thing.

gmanyo

Apr 4, 2009
It kind of irks me how everyone just agrees with you and thinks that you're hilarious all the time, Yahtzee. But what's more annoying is how you're usually right and hilarious.

Kanashe

May 8, 2008
Alright, am I the only who's sick of Yahtzee bullshit tactic. 1st he takes jabs at Killzone 2, an instead of reviewin' it, he does other games. If your gonna take jabs at somethin', then please review it. Now, what can I say bout this review, again it's nothin' funny. For once he already took enough jabs at Nintendo and DS, so he just can't suprise with anythin' he didn' say already. Two, it's a retro style version of the very st GTA game, did ANYONE expect it to be great and just a bad shitty port. It's just, there's nothin' special bout this review aside from a big 'meh'

Zand88

Jan 21, 2009
CapnJack said:
Or maybe you're just a moron.
Feeling a bit touchy, are we? ;)

I wouldn't consider a review to be exactly the same as an opinion. Actually, I don't think they're even similar. But, that's besides the point.

He never explicitly said his opinion is the voice of popular opinion, and I never claimed that he did, either. I just said that he was approaching that attitude.
There's a point where he makes assumptions of public opinion, and that's fine in general. It mostly bothers me when he gets the popular opinion WRONG, or uses his own opinions as generally accepted fact, when it clearly isn't.

PandarenBa

Mar 27, 2009
Ah yes, now I realized what bothered me in this video. It was the jokes and the voice. I think some of the jokes were very similar to the ones you've made in your previous episodes and your voice sounded a bit weird... maybe it was the tone?

Are you currently having a flu or something? :<

capnjack

Jan 6, 2009
Zand88 said:
CapnJack said:
Or maybe you're just a moron.
Feeling a bit touchy, are we? ;)

I wouldn't consider a review to be exactly the same as an opinion. Actually, I don't think they're even similar. But, that's besides the point.

He never explicitly said his opinion is the voice of popular opinion, and I never claimed that he did, either. I just said that he was approaching that attitude.
There's a point where he makes assumptions of public opinion, and that's fine in general. It mostly bothers me when he gets the popular opinion WRONG, or uses his own opinions as generally accepted fact, when it clearly isn't.
You realize it takes all the fun out of it if you're going to handle my insults so maturely, right? Although I never did actually say you're a moron, really. I was just offering the suggestion. But perhaps that was premature of me.

Could you give examples of when he uses his opinions as generally accepted fact? And where he gets the popular opinion wrong? I'm curious now.

Ushario

Mar 6, 2009
I have no idea if Yahtzee even reads, or if he replies to these threads.

Anyway.

The AI being so poor could be the result of AI being fairly intensive. Hardware limitations could be the downfall here. Then again they could simply have been balancing the AI for gameplay reasons such as the poor control setup.

Falien

Nov 21, 2008
I wonder how many people are old enough to get the "30 GOTO 10" joke. Brilliant!

hell4raizer

Feb 20, 2008
lol your videos are always fucking awesome! i think i'll spend my sunday watching all the ZP episodes again :p