Zero Punctuation: Grand Theft Auto Online

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
iller3 said:
omg he said the igger word ....

trigger
:eek:
Joking aside, I remember the last time [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/138-Age-of-Conan] he made reference to people dropping racial slurs in online chat - it was represented by "Those uppity negros do tend towards the loutish bent, eh what" "By jingo yes", which at the time seemed funny as hell. But I guess that's the kind of joke that's hard to come up with equally-funny variations on.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Christ GTA Online is a fucking nightmare. The Prison Heist still gives me nightmares. Who the fuck thought one person dying and the whole mission restarting was a good fucking idea?

TKretts3

Jul 20, 2010
Actually the first person mode isn't new, it was first introduced in the PS4 and XBone versions. The new feature in the PC version is that if you press 'B' you can point to things!!! You can even do an impromptu high-five by touching tips.

WhiteNachos

Jul 25, 2014
EndlessSporadic said:
It's rare to see Yahtzee get so mad. I like it.
You should see his review for Halo Wars then (there's a brief moment where someone else starts reviews a different game as part of a crossover but then it gets to Yahtzee).

Adultism

Karma Haunts You
Jan 5, 2011
Y'know, the Xbox 360 and PS3 community for GTA seems pretty balanced. Half the time you are making friends with random players hoping they don't utterly destroy you, the other half you spend getting utterly destroyed because you hoped that this player in particular, may in fact be friendly.

Not a fucking chance. On the PC version, everyone is trying to have quick draw rocket launcher contests all over the map and actually finding a sane person in the cesspool of racism and hatred is like trying to find a copy of fire emblem awakening when it first came out...(Yeah not funny)

Hutzpah Chicken

Mar 13, 2012
I figured that GTA Online would attract the same crowd that plays Call of Duty solely for the multiplayer. The more I look, it still holds true that the only online game that has relaxed people playing it is Guild Wars, largely because only 50 some people are in the game at any given point...

Adultism

Karma Haunts You
Jan 5, 2011
Hutzpah Chicken said:
I figured that GTA Online would attract the same crowd that plays Call of Duty solely for the multiplayer. The more I look, it still holds true that the only online game that has relaxed people playing it is Guild Wars, largely because only 50 some people are in the game at any given point...
I've met a LOT MORE metacunts in GW1, as compared to GW2. The community in 2 generally holds up well though. Except the hatred that runs for other servers, mostly because of WvW.

garjian

Mar 25, 2009
Heists are not missions.
Missions are not heists.

You can easily make $400k opening the phone and selecting Quick Job... Contact Mission in a few hours, and they don't fail when somebody dies.

remmus

Aug 31, 2009
and that last bit at the end is why I avoid PvP multiplayer in games like the plague, to many twats waving around there score or K/D ratio like a penis.

Benpasko

Jul 3, 2011
I love the first person view. It's a really immersive, hardcore fps. Now, if only the game would let me do solo missions I could play it.

FiveSpeedf150

Sep 30, 2009
RiseOfTheWhiteWolf said:
This is the most accurate GTAO review I've seen, funnily enough. Especially the bit about the fucking loading screens.
And his perfect description of the prison break heist. Random asshole clips wing, sucks for you!

FiveSpeedf150

Sep 30, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
Sounds like something that would be fun to play with friends though.
It is awesome with friends. But that's the catch. You need a reliable crew that's online when you are. Otherwise you may as well play the single player.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
I do agree that statistics in multiplayer games attracts Twats/Twattish behaviour in non Twats.

The question we all need to ask is, why?

We play games to unwind/think/creativity/change of activity.
Why do we care that we're slightly better at the game than another person? Why do anyone else care? This has little worth.

It only matters if you seriously consider becoming a professional player. If you do, I wish you well because that seems a very competitive career (lol I made a joke) because being paid to play a game you like to play appeals to many.

Mar 24, 2015
I played GTA Online back when I was unemployed. I'd go into a heist lobby, set it up, then go do something productive for an hour while I waited for the lobby to get four people. Now that I have a full-time job, I'm not gonna waste my 2-3 hours of free time playing online when 75% of that will be spent waiting in lobbies.

Also, the last time I played the Prison Heist one of our teammates died at the very end of the mission, when you're parachuting onto the beach. Twice

Sometimes I feel like Rockstar does't have playtesters because their games are full of so much frustrating bullshit.

Mar 26, 2008
Crossy Road is boss! It's like crack cocaine to me. Unfortunately my experience of GTA Online was me being stalked through the map by a couple of much higher ranked players, like some shitty version of The Running Man. That was enough for me.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
This is kind of like my experience with watch_doges, it's only multiplayer to fuck with you, so I turned off the multiplayer and went back to stopping crimes, and playing poker.

mrdude2010

Aug 6, 2009
The whole "race with two people" thing reminds me of people how used to play Guitar Hero 3 Online by doing a best of 1 song challenge on normal where they had played the song so many times they could do it in their sleep, so you'd both finish with 100%, but he'd used his star power more efficiently because you were saving it for what used to be areas with a lot of notes to boost your score, but those spots didn't have a lot of notes anymore because you were playing FUCKING NORMAL DIFFICULTY ONLINE.

mrdude2010

Aug 6, 2009
themutantlizard said:
Fuck always online up the ass having single player online defeats the purpose of single player that's why I keep my ps4 disconnected from the internet almost all the time as a gesture of defiance to publishers who like the idea of always online I perfer always offline for single player. Does anyone else do this?
On my PC, I usually disconnect the ethernet cord unless the game won't properly load my save files unless I'm online, but that's mostly because my house has an obscenely low data cap.