Zero Punctuation: Guitar Hero World Tour

Fordo

Oct 17, 2007
No singers? Jeeze, that's usually the least of our problems.... Drums are hard...for me...but we play rockband 2 so who knows on that GH World Tour business =P

Great review.

VMerken

Sep 12, 2007
Ahh, a genre I have no interest in. The review however was entertaining, and the Deus Ex part filled up the concept nicely. Well done, this one!

thetragicclown

May 29, 2008
Me and my mates universally suck at singing, bar one friend who can actually hold a note and all that stuff, so we won't suffer the "nobody wants to sing" problem. I'd also like to thank Yahtzee for helping me prove to said friends the existence of McGowan's chews. With the exception of the vocally-talented one, they all accuse me of hallucinating that sweet highland confectionery. :(

The Deus Ex song was awesome beyond mere words.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
flaming_squirrel said:
Hah, another great one, thanks yahtzee

Your singing was beautiful I might add.

Noticing several anime references in your videos, perhaps the jrpg hatred thing is all a facade?! Or perhaps not..
Mausenheimmer said:
Fantastic work as always, Mr. Yahtzee.
Shiuz91 said:
Sweet GH:WT

Edit: Hilarious review and do the drums really not work all that well?
DJDarkViper said:
i can guarantee thirst three responses have NOT seen the video
--

Sorry to hear Australia still dont have Rock Band :( Its a clearly better game overall :(
Entharion said:
I don't really follow Guitar hero, but I'm sure you make something epic from it :p

[edit]As I predicted! priceless! and epic as well, thank you for your entertainment Yahtzee!
Good job on proving yourselves retarded guys. Posting before the video actually finishes? Nice job, really. Is being "First" so important to you that you'll post and then edit? My God.

Bubblesix

Nov 26, 2008
PhiMed said:
stiver said:
PhiMed said:
That being said, how original of Activision to release an almost exact replica of Harmonix's new game under the license of Harmonix's old game! Way to go creativity!
You must be new here. welcome to the world of video games, where creativity goes to die.
I accept your warm welcome to the escapist, although I'm not new to video games. As a token of my appreciation, I present you with the promise of cake and an infinite ink ribbon, so that you may never lose your progress.
AMAZING answer to a common troll.
even though i don't understand it completely..What does the ink ribbon stand for?

Zerocyde

Nov 26, 2008
Hamster at Dawn said:
Love it. Now do a Gears of War 2 review.
Just look though his list of reviews and find any review for any fps and watch it.

Bam, gears of war 2 review. :p

Epifols

Aug 30, 2008
Haha, I loved the Deus Ex singing at the end! Great to see that the game is not forgotten after nearly 9 years.

Inriri

Jun 4, 2008
Bubblesix said:
even though i don't understand it completely..What does the ink ribbon stand for?
It's from the Resident Evil games, which required Ink Ribbons to save their progress

Da-Fort

Nov 26, 2008
I totally laughed out loud when I heard the Deus Ex song, I thought he would say something about Deus Ex 3 that is being developed!

Bubblesix

Nov 26, 2008
Inriri said:
Bubblesix said:
It's from the Resident Evil games, which required Ink Ribbons to save their progress
Oh..ok. I could've got there by myself, had i not been stuck with the idea of
http://images.google.com/images?q=ribbon <-- Ribbons, drawn with ink in some indie game I might have heard of.

xxcloud417xx

Oct 22, 2008
Thanks Yahtzee for helping me with my Guitar Hero World Tour vs. Rock Band dilemma. I have Rock Band, and all the peripherals, but i was always debating if i should get them again for World Tour... and now I know not to. Ill still buy the game cuz i have 2 Guitar Hero Guitars, but screw the drums and mic.

And the Deus Ex song was legend. The sequel part made me lol so much. Although I did enjoy Invisible War, you were right though it was dumbed down way too much.

laikenf

Oct 24, 2007
I thought the drums on this game are very unresponsive, It has a slight delay so it's very difficult to get the timing right. It really annoyed me because a lot of the songs require speed and pin-point precision, but with a problem like that it's downright impossible to get it 100% right. Are Rock Band's drums any better? 'cause I'm all for the drums, but if Rock Band's suffer from the same delay problems I'm not getting it.

Mythbhavd

May 1, 2008
Darthracoon said:
Oh, i was hoping for a COD:W@W review ah well.

Good as always Mr. Crowshaw loved the section about no-one being able to sing.

Also great Deux Ex song at the end.
COD:W@W would be a pretty predictable review. We Americans making yet another video game of our greatest war victory in recent history. Crappy graphics, jerky animation, all greys and browns to promote realism, because we all know that everything in the real world is only shades of grey and brown, boring voices, and typical Yahtzee humor to round it out. Did I miss anything?

As for World Tour, this is one of the few of Crowshaw's reviews that I actually found boring. Dunno why. Might be because I've never fallen into the Guitar Hero/Rock Band craze. Perhaps its one of those "you have to play it to enjoy it" videos.

ParkourMcGhee

Jan 4, 2008
LOVED the Deus Ex part! apart from that fair enough I guess :p. I don't play console games so much so I am a stranger to guitar hero at best. Also being in Australia doesn't really help you any especially since you're a videogame reviewer and half of those are probably banned over there because it's not appropriate for those all so sensitive kiddies... oh well.

Bubblesix

Nov 26, 2008
I've heard "Nuvole e lenzuola".
That's utterly difficult for an italian to sing. I would need to hear it at least 10 times to learn the words, not to mention the rythm..
I don't ask myself anymore how that ended up in GH. I just want to see english speaking people (I want to see YAHTZEE) singing it..That'd make my day.

andsoitgoes

Mar 6, 2008
klc0100 said:
Of all the games that have come out why GH again it was entertaining never the less.
EXACTLY. I was expecting.... well, ANYTHING else.

Given, funny is funny, I was just hoping to hear him lay one on LBP, or something...

Dantoshou

Nov 26, 2008
LOL! this review has it down to a tee, i got the drums, guitar and mic, waiting for the bass, because the place i preordered from have forgotten the little people.
So Basically We Ask Who Wants to play guitar who wants to drum and whoevers left has to SING :|
I had to be drunk to sing and even then oh look i cant get the pitch right, unless i hum!
the guitar slider is a pile of wank truly, i cant use it and just stay glued to the top 5 notes!
So Then The Drums Kick In And My Friend Is Pissed off, being a real drummer he says wtf is going on i have to bash them so hard, it leaves nasty little white marks on the drums making them look worse everyday, the cymbals can be fixed with a bit of masking tape, but that means you have to open up the bottom and spack about with them, but still theres no fix for the bottom drums :mad:
buy this game with a roll of masking tape and a spanish dictionary and youre sorted.
Best Thing Was I Just Said To myself, i want to see guitar hero world tour on zp and here it is lol