Zero Punctuation: Guitar Hero World Tour

iyaerP

Sep 5, 2008
Excellent, as is par for the course.

The deus ex song at the end was Amazingly genius tho. 10/10

ReverseEngineered

Raving Lunatic
Apr 30, 2008
Great review. You captured many of the same issues that I found with the game.

It's unfortunate that you poor Australians didn't get a chance to try Rock Band. I found it to be the better of the two by far. Once you get used to the quality interfaces that Rock Band has, it's hard to look past the clunky changes that Guitar Hero made while copying it.

To be fair, Rock Band had just as many if not more problems with the peripherals, but Guitar Hero was being held to a higher standard since Red Octane (the original peripheral makers) were making them. While they were better than the original Rock Band, they still had many issues, mainly to do with the drum pads.

It's unfortunate that the music studio is being overlooked by so many people. I'm glad that Guitar Hero was willing to go out on a limb to try it, but it seems their market just isn't interested, which isn't surprising when you consider that the Guitar Hero franchise was never made to appeal to the musically creative, but rather to the people who enjoy music and yet couldn't play it themselves. Hopefully some people will make use of it, but I've yet to see a reviewer who tried it.

It's also sad that there are so few singers out there. I just happen to be lucky in that singing is one of the few talents I have, so it's not painful (for me or everyone else) to be the singer, but it sure is noticable when somebody else wants to try it out. It makes me think we need fewer kids dreaming of being guitar players and more of them dreaming to be singers. Besides, the chicks are almost always hot for the lead singer of the band (even if you look like Steven Tyler).

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
I am so happy that Guitar Hero: World Tour received a good thrashing. Especially the guitar, which was always garbage-on-a-stick compared Rock Band's (even more so in GHWT). The only fun I've gotten out of it was playing with the three Tool songs that Activision stole from Harmonix.
Well, not really, but I felt they brainwashed my all-time favorite band into using their songs for a lesser, button-mash-fest game. Sure, seeing Alex Grey's art being displayed instead of the band, like Tool's videos, was cool, but its the same one three times. I do hope that Tool see the light and put either the song Lateralus or the album Lateralus on Rock Band.

NCHammer326

Jul 30, 2008
Yeahtzee may get his wish of getting some "Sgt. Pepper". They're planning a rock band game themed around the beatles for next year. yay.

Michaelarran

Nov 26, 2008
Ah, I love the smell of leopard skin lycra in the morning.

Anyway, surely that can only be followed up by Wii Music, please?

GTwander

Mar 26, 2008
This was was one of the better ones I've seen.
I could care less about the game, but the execution was flawless.

9.5/10

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
Great review, but I was surprised to see this after the review that Guitar Hero 3 got.
The song at the end was priceless...

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Best review in a while. It's so true that we need some Stairway and more Beatles. Not much of a fan of the Kinks. I only like about three of their songs and one of them is a Van Halen cover.

ic4rus

Nov 26, 2008
I just created a forum account, just to say that Deus Ex part was awesome and freaking true

Archedgar

May 7, 2008
Lol different renditions of Neon Gensis Evangelion intro(Cruel Angel's Thesis).

I thought the review was better than last week's review... that's pretty much it.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
lmao no one wants to sing in our group either!
we nominated my bro hehe
im getting this for christmas! i dont care what yahtzee says, i dont use my fingers anyway :p

SYSTEM-J

Aug 7, 2008
I actually turned the music off in Deus Ex because I found it bloody awful. This made the club in Hong Kong a surreal sight indeed.