Zero Punctuation: Hot Coffee

Arnoxthe1

New member
Dec 25, 2010
3,374
0
0
Look, Yahtzee! All these wonderful classic games that deserve attention and recog... Oh, you're gonna talk about something nobody cares about anymore? Alright then.
 

Gul

New member
Oct 27, 2015
19
0
0
Arnoxthe1 said:
Look, Yahtzee! All these wonderful classic games that deserve attention and recog... Oh, you're gonna talk about something nobody cares about anymore? Alright then.
I wish nobody cared, but given the current gun controversy, this shit is clearly still relevant.

Personally I'm just not giving a shit about them. They're like flat-earthers: obviously wrong, but unwilling to admit it, so what the hell are you supposed to do at this point? Just let them scream impotently.
 

HazardousCube

New member
Apr 20, 2017
44
0
0
Gul said:
I wish nobody cared, but given the current gun controversy, this shit is clearly still relevant.

Personally I'm just not giving a shit about them. They're like flat-earthers: obviously wrong, but unwilling to admit it, so what the hell are you supposed to do at this point? Just let them scream impotently.
I don't know. It's like a deadlock of sorts. If we don't acknowledge it, it allows them to continue on with their bullshit but if we do acknowledge it and point it out, they just scream louder until our voices can't be heard.
 

Arnoxthe1

New member
Dec 25, 2010
3,374
0
0
Gul said:
Arnoxthe1 said:
Look, Yahtzee! All these wonderful classic games that deserve attention and recog... Oh, you're gonna talk about something nobody cares about anymore? Alright then.
I wish nobody cared, but given the current gun controversy, this shit is clearly still relevant.

Personally I'm just not giving a shit about them. They're like flat-earthers: obviously wrong, but unwilling to admit it, so what the hell are you supposed to do at this point? Just let them scream impotently.
HazardousCube said:
Gul said:
I wish nobody cared, but given the current gun controversy, this shit is clearly still relevant.

Personally I'm just not giving a shit about them. They're like flat-earthers: obviously wrong, but unwilling to admit it, so what the hell are you supposed to do at this point? Just let them scream impotently.
I don't know. It's like a deadlock of sorts. If we don't acknowledge it, it allows them to continue on with their bullshit but if we do acknowledge it and point it out, they just scream louder until our voices can't be heard.
Let me just ask you two this then. Who deserves the attention? The idiots or the people who put their sweat and soul into something amazing?

I actually wouldn't even have brought this up in my first post in this thread but Yahtzee keeps doing this.
 

Dangeresque

New member
Sep 28, 2016
12
0
0
"References Hillary Clinton's 2016 campaign"

Ugh...look, there were a bunch of different factors affecting that election's outcome. I don't need the reminder that the candidate who won the popular vote still lost to the worst possible candidate.
 

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
6,760
0
0
Dangeresque said:
"References Hillary Clinton's 2016 campaign"

Ugh...look, there were a bunch of different factors affecting that election's outcome, but I still don't need the reminder that the candidate who won the popular vote still lost to the worst possible candidate.
Technically second worst possible candidate, as candidates are only ever as good as the election they win.

As for Hot Coffee, damn isn't it quaint? In a world with sex scenes in Kingdom Come, House Party, and a host of others, a terribly modded poorly animated sex scene that makes the puppets from Team America look realistic was once considered the height of moral outrage.
 

wizzy555

New member
Oct 14, 2010
637
0
0
So I'm guessing this is Yahtzee either trying to get fired from his contract or thinking he is invulnerable to moral guardian outrages.
 

ScaredIndie

Guy who makes gamey things
Oct 21, 2014
28
0
0
Whew the R&P folks are gonna be mad about this one. Great take though, never compromise art for authoritarians.
 

Darth_Payn

New member
Aug 5, 2009
2,868
0
0
Hooray! It's the return of "special" moments in Game History! And not just about one game or one company this time, it's a whole movement that won't just fucking die already!
wizzy555 said:
So I'm guessing this is Yahtzee either trying to get fired from his contract or thinking he is invulnerable to moral guardian outrages.
They'd never fire him; he's one of the few content creators still here keeping it afloat.
Arnoxthe1 said:
Gul said:
Arnoxthe1 said:
Look, Yahtzee! All these wonderful classic games that deserve attention and recog... Oh, you're gonna talk about something nobody cares about anymore? Alright then.
I wish nobody cared, but given the current gun controversy, this shit is clearly still relevant.

Personally I'm just not giving a shit about them. They're like flat-earthers: obviously wrong, but unwilling to admit it, so what the hell are you supposed to do at this point? Just let them scream impotently.
HazardousCube said:
Gul said:
I wish nobody cared, but given the current gun controversy, this shit is clearly still relevant.

Personally I'm just not giving a shit about them. They're like flat-earthers: obviously wrong, but unwilling to admit it, so what the hell are you supposed to do at this point? Just let them scream impotently.
I don't know. It's like a deadlock of sorts. If we don't acknowledge it, it allows them to continue on with their bullshit but if we do acknowledge it and point it out, they just scream louder until our voices can't be heard.
Let me just ask you two this then. Who deserves the attention? The idiots or the people who put their sweat and soul into something amazing?

I actually wouldn't even have brought this up in my first post in this thread but Yahtzee keeps doing this.
That brings up what Yahtzee said at the end of the video, that there's usually someone profiting off this breed of stupidity, so they think it's in their best interests to keep it going. If it were me, I'd squeeze every last penny from those sucker-, I mean, passionate individuals, then move on to the next scam, um, business opportunity.
 

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
6,760
0
0
wizzy555 said:
So I'm guessing this is Yahtzee either trying to get fired from his contract or thinking he is invulnerable to moral guardian outrages.
ScaredIndie said:
Whew the R&P folks are gonna be mad about this one. Great take though, never compromise art for authoritarians.
What's the big deal about this one I'm missing? Hot Coffee is like 10 years old at this point
 

StatusNil

New member
Oct 5, 2014
534
0
0
Well done, sir.

Silentpony said:
What's the big deal about this one I'm missing? Hot Coffee is like 10 years old at this point
The past is not only not dead, it's not even past.
 

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
6,760
0
0
StatusNil said:
Well done, sir.

Silentpony said:
What's the big deal about this one I'm missing? Hot Coffee is like 10 years old at this point
The past is not only not dead, it's not even past.
But current politics are a different thing. Now as then people are worried about violence is games and yadda yadda. But the Hot Coffee controversy was that a porn feature was in a game that hadn't been rated for porn. It was less 'Think of the children!' as it was a mature game already, and more 'yeah, you put Backdoor Sluts 9 in this and didn't report it.'
 

darkrage6

New member
May 11, 2016
478
0
0
Good episode, but the DCEU is awesome.

Also Hilary did win the popular vote and only lost cause of Russia compromising the results:https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-election/russians-compromised-election-systems-in-seven-states-nbc-news-idUSKCN1GC01E
 

darkrage6

New member
May 11, 2016
478
0
0
Silentpony said:
Dangeresque said:
"References Hillary Clinton's 2016 campaign"

Ugh...look, there were a bunch of different factors affecting that election's outcome, but I still don't need the reminder that the candidate who won the popular vote still lost to the worst possible candidate.
Technically second worst possible candidate, as candidates are only ever as good as the election they win.

As for Hot Coffee, damn isn't it quaint? In a world with sex scenes in Kingdom Come, House Party, and a host of others, a terribly modded poorly animated sex scene that makes the puppets from Team America look realistic was once considered the height of moral outrage.
second worst? who the hell could be worse then Trump?

Also long time no see, haven't seen you post on Jim Sterling's website for a long time, did you get banned from there or something?
 

Steve the Pocket

New member
Mar 30, 2009
1,649
0
0
The other reason the Hot Coffee controversy wouldn't happen today is that the "sex scene" in question was less explicit than the ones in Ride to Hell Retribution from what I've heard. Perhaps because they'd only gotten as far as making an unfinished placeholder for the real thing before they changed their minds.
 

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
6,760
0
0
darkrage6 said:
Silentpony said:
Dangeresque said:
"References Hillary Clinton's 2016 campaign"

Ugh...look, there were a bunch of different factors affecting that election's outcome, but I still don't need the reminder that the candidate who won the popular vote still lost to the worst possible candidate.
Technically second worst possible candidate, as candidates are only ever as good as the election they win.

As for Hot Coffee, damn isn't it quaint? In a world with sex scenes in Kingdom Come, House Party, and a host of others, a terribly modded poorly animated sex scene that makes the puppets from Team America look realistic was once considered the height of moral outrage.
second worst? who the hell could be worse then Trump?

Also long time no see, haven't seen you post on Jim Sterling's website for a long time, did you get banned from there or something?
Hilary, as she lost to Trump. And winning was the goal of being a candidate.

As for Jim's site, nah. He switched commenting sites about a year or so ago, and I didn't want to make like a 3rd account, between this, and Disqus, just to comment on his site. Nothing bad happened, just don't want to keep logging in to different sites.
 

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
732
0
0
Arnoxthe1 said:
Look, Yahtzee! All these wonderful classic games that deserve attention and recog... Oh, you're gonna talk about something nobody cares about anymore? Alright then.
In Yahtzee's defense, according to Google, today is the 30th Anniversary of Pi Day!
So just be thankful today Yahtzee acknowledged GTA's Cream Pie instead of Ajit Pai.
 

Veylon

New member
Aug 15, 2008
1,626
0
0
darkrage6 said:
second worst? who the hell could be worse then Trump?
I maintain that Ted Cruz was/is worse than Trump. I was relieved to see him primaried out.