Zero Punctuation: House of the Dead: Overkill

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
House of the Dead: Overkill

This week, House of the Dead: Overkill versus Killzone 2. Place your bets.

Watch Video

Radu889

Dec 14, 2007
That was sweet. And yes when you look at it like that Killzone 2 is basically Gears Of World War 2...
And yes House of the Dead is pretty awesome from a presentation point of view. I recall seeing a bit with the narrator saying : " The ultimate Sacrifice!!!" while a cripple was getting a virus or something and then the black guy comes and says : "Freeze, mother fuckers!"

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
quickpaw said:
Well that was blatantly yet another anti Nintendo rant. God Yahtzee is such a fanboy.
I guess he's decided on a fixed quota every month. Drama whoring does bring in more site traffic after all.

deewank

Dec 15, 2008
ive played kill zone 2 and i thought it was immaculate, An all around good game

Lonan

Dec 27, 2008
Eleventh! Oh, and I hate zombie games and movies in general, but a good review nonetheless.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
It's true: Jack Bauer even tortures metaphors.

Nice to see House of the Dead is aware of what a parody it's become. I just might have to check out those cutscenes on YouTube, as I don't own a Wii. Mine got trampled down by a bunch of screaming children straining the leashes held by their Twittering oblivious tube-top-wearing mothers.

Evilbunny

Feb 23, 2008
heh, it's funny because I actually have this and I really did only show it to my friends once.

deewank

Dec 15, 2008
JonnWood said:
I sense incoming Killzone 2 fanboy flames. Hit the deck!
Hey i am in no way a killzone 2 fan boy, i just thought it was great but i ive played games just as good like CoD4 and fallout 3. both good in my opinion

billyboy0321

Aug 20, 2008
NIce, I agree... House would be way more fun, but Killzone looks like it would be more serious fun (or at least it'd try to be, I've not played either, but am looking forward to renting this one)
Well spoken Yahtzee, I really liked the 'chasing the girls around the playground with a piece of dog poo-ingly stupid' comment... that's classic there.
Keep it up!

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
Wow. Your first funny review in months. I agree with the House of the dead stuff disagree about the KillZone stuff.