Zero Punctuation: House of the Dead: Overkill

Shadow Law

Feb 16, 2009
I don't know how/if he'll grade Madworld when it comes out but it'll probably be low considering its such a button masher.

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
quickpaw said:
Sylocat said:
quickpaw said:
Well that was blatantly yet another anti Nintendo rant. God Yahtzee is such a fanboy.
I guess he's decided on a fixed quotient every month. Drama whoring does bring in more site traffic after all.
He's already quadrupled the escapist?s traffic. Is that not enough?
Well, he's already appointed himself as the champion of Nintendo hatedom, he has to keep up the image.

For someone who spends half his time yammering on about how he doesn't care what anyone else thinks, he sure seems obsessed with retaining his fanbase...

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
wtf? Bit early isn't it? Still, two games I've wanted to see. Disappointed that he's not doing a full review of Killzone 2, surely if it's as bad as he makes out, there's plenty of material for him there? Anyways, this makes me want Overkill, I think I might buy it for my best mate, cheer him up after getting dumped.

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
quickpaw said:
Well that was blatantly yet another anti Nintendo rant. God Yahtzee is such a fanboy.
Nintendo haven't made a good console since the Nintendo 64.

Rodger

Jan 27, 2009
Feel free to call me stupid but...

I always thought that House of the Dead typing game was some kind of educational game or something. Or maybe it is. I dunno. I care about as much about zombie games as Yahtzee cares about JRPG's. Maybe less if thats actually possible.

Anyway, interesting that Killzone 2 was briefly mentioned at the end there in a sort of 'review'. The brief criticizing of the story will no doubt attract screaming fanboys to defend it.

angel85

Dec 31, 2008
I think the Sega being the Vizier behind Nintendo's throne is the best metaphor Yahtzee has ever used. I also like these videos where he has a relatively good temperament, it isn't all just about spewing bile.

Simriel

The Count of Monte Cristo
Dec 22, 2008
Yet another high class review for all the family. He Really hates the Wii don't he. Good review though.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Wouldn't have it any other way? I personally prefer games that are self aware to have a bit of wit, and not just go overkill on character intros.

JPMotion

Dec 23, 2008
angel85 said:
I also like these videos where he has a relatively good temperament, it isn't all just about spewing bile.
Totally agree with you here - some of his funniest reviews are for games he actually enjoys (COD4, Saints Row 2, Painkiller) - nice to see some more reviews on this end of the spectrum.

cutekittenkyti

Dec 12, 2007
Yahtzee needs games starting with I,K,Q and V....yes I went through the entire list...
also he has like 15 games starting with the letter S
and do games starting with "the" count as T's or as the letter the second word starts with???
either way he still needs I K Q and V

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
One of the first reviews of late I've found myself laughing quite hard at. Your hate for Nintendo and it's raving fan-boys really knows no bounds.

NOOBSAUCE

Feb 5, 2009
Good to see yahtzee sneak a PS3 exclusive bash into the Nintendo hate speech.

Oh and typing of the dead was how I learned to type back in grade school :)

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
darrinwright said:
nathan-dts said:
Nintendo haven't made a good console since the Nintendo 64.
The Wii would like to have a word with you. http://www.metacritic.com/games/wii/scores/
I like off of that list the following exclusive games: No More Heroes, Metroid 3 and world of goo.

lasherman

Mar 11, 2009
I hate when yahtzee suggests Killzone is ripping of Gears of War (Gears of World War Two?). Killzone 1 came out about 2 years before gears of war 1. if anything, gears is ripping off Killzone