Zero Punctuation: House of the Dead: Overkill

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
That was actually one of the funniest for a while (despite [or perhaps because of] the tongue-in-cheek Nintendo bashing).

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
DarkSaber said:
Sylocat said:
DarkSaber said:
Sylocat said:
quickpaw said:
What do you expect? In the Brawl and Mailbag comments threads, Yahtzee's fanbase outnumbered Nintendo's fanbase by about 3 to 1, and they were still complaining of persecution from some "massive army" of Nintendo fanboys.

I am thoroughly convinced, by now, that the people who hate the Wii spend much more time talking about it than the people who love it.
That goes for anything. Business operates on the principle that if someone likes something, they will tell one other person about it, but if they don't like something they will tell 3 people. Don't know how they got that statistic, but they tend to operate with that in mind.
Well, this is the internet. Hating everything makes you cool and edgy, liking anything makes you a fanboy.
And posting flames and personal attacks to provoke a reaction makes you a troll. Funny you forgot that.
Um, I wasn't talking about you specifically.

DarkSaber

Dec 22, 2007
quickpaw said:
Sylocat said:
quickpaw said:
nathan-dts said:
quickpaw said:
Well that was blatantly yet another anti Nintendo rant. God Yahtzee is such a fanboy.
Nintendo haven't made a good console since the Nintendo 64.
Nice. Instead of attempting to counter my statement or actually argue with me you come out with your pathetic snide little comment. You're clearly a fine member of the escapist.
What do you expect? In the Brawl and Mailbag comments threads, Yahtzee's fanbase outnumbered Nintendo's fanbase by about 3 to 1, and they were still complaining of persecution from some "massive army" of Nintendo fanboys.

I am thoroughly convinced, by now, that the people who hate the Wii spend much more time talking about it than the people who love it.
Well I had hoped that this was the escapist I had heard about not Yahtzee's fanboy cave. Clearly I was mistaken.
Everyone knows Yahtzee IS The Elitist, sorry, Escapist.

DarkSaber

Dec 22, 2007
Lordofthesuplex said:
quickpaw said:
Well that was blatantly yet another anti Nintendo rant. God Yahtzee is such a fanboy.
Kinda hypocritical for him when you think about what he said regarding console bashing/praising in the Mailbag Showdown regarding Brawl. Unless I'm thick and missed something. (And that's usually the case)
Well, he HAS said he is very much aware of the hypocrisy, thank you, on a couple of occasions.

Low Frost

Nov 6, 2008
The first 50 seconds is solid gold. Anything that references the awesome that is Ving Rhames wins in my book.

Breno

Jul 4, 2008
JonnWood said:
I sense incoming Killzone 2 fanboy flames. Hit the deck!
okay call me a fanboy but killzone 2 deserves a full review not just 2 sentances wich by the looks of it only reviewed the traliers and where did he get germans from i mean guys with glowing red gogles and breading gas masks germans?? ok sure it was made by germans but theres noting to do with germans at all!!! and another thing the setting is 2152 or sumtaing along those lines + the only thing it has the same as gears is the colour wich it is better then with the lighting effets and i could go on more but the bottem line is
i want killzone 2 review!!!!!!!

Avida

Oct 17, 2008
Best in weeks XD, though killzone knows exactly what it wants to be imo.

DarkSaber

Dec 22, 2007
Breno said:
JonnWood said:
I sense incoming Killzone 2 fanboy flames. Hit the deck!
okay call me a fanboy but killzone 2 deserves a full review not just 2 sentances wich by the looks of it only reviewed the traliers and where did he get germans from i mean guys with glowing red gogles and breading gas masks germans?? ok sure it was made by germans but theres noting to do with germans at all!!! and another thing the setting is 2152 or sumtaing along those lines + the only thing it has the same as gears is the colour wich it is better then with the lighting effets and i could go on more but the bottem line is
i want killzone 2 review!!!!!!!
And on his personal site http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/ he explains why you are likely not to get one.

Scoooby

Mar 11, 2009
definately a fair review of Overkill, although i did have a ridiculous amount of fun and arm ache playing it co-op, the frequent use of MF in the is hilariously OTT

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
cutekittenkyti said:
and do games starting with "the" count as T's or as the letter the second word starts with???
I don't count them because then at least half of the games ever made would be T's.

I also don't count "Tom Clancy" either since his name has essentially become the word "The"

willard3

Aug 19, 2008
lasherman said:
I hate when yahtzee suggests Killzone is ripping of Gears of War (Gears of World War Two?). Killzone 1 came out about 2 years before gears of war 1. if anything, gears is ripping off Killzone
I was thinking that too.

It seems Yahtzee is getting a bit hypocritical...he wants games to be wacky over-the-top bundles of pure fun that don't take themselves seriously, but yet bashes on the Wii for providing such things. (not that the vast amounts of shovelware are GOOD, but it has the most that could fall into his category)

When he plays a PS3 or 360 game, he inevitably bashes it for taking itself too seriously and not including automatic rocket launchers, wacky hairstyles and heroin-pissing T-rexes. Then he turns around and bashes the Wii for not being "hardcore" enough. Make up your mind.

Note: I am not a Nintendo fanboy by any means; I own a 360 and not a Wii.

skib132

Mar 2, 2009
nice review but killzone 2 is not that bad a game i mean its better than killzone 1 by miles

DarkSaber

Dec 22, 2007
willard3 said:
lasherman said:
I hate when yahtzee suggests Killzone is ripping of Gears of War (Gears of World War Two?). Killzone 1 came out about 2 years before gears of war 1. if anything, gears is ripping off Killzone
I was thinking that too.

It seems Yahtzee is getting a bit hypocritical...he wants games to be wacky over-the-top bundles of pure fun that don't take themselves seriously, but yet bashes on the Wii for providing such things. (not that the vast amounts of shovelware are GOOD, but it has the most that could fall into his category)

When he plays a PS3 or 360 game, he inevitably bashes it for taking itself too seriously and not including automatic rocket launchers, wacky hairstyles and heroin-pissing T-rexes. Then he turns around and bashes the Wii for not being "hardcore" enough. Make up your mind.

Note: I am not a Nintendo fanboy by any means; I own a 360 and not a Wii.
He said he was very much aware he is a hypocrite a few times. He doesn't care.