Zero Punctuation: House of the Dead: Overkill

Spacewolf

May 21, 2008
i thought the helgast in KZ2 where more British sounding, plus they didnt use gas masks all that much in WW2 it was mainly WW1, which also fits with the more trecnh warfare of KZ2.

Am

Mar 11, 2009
willard3 said:
lasherman said:
I hate when yahtzee suggests Killzone is ripping of Gears of War (Gears of World War Two?). Killzone 1 came out about 2 years before gears of war 1. if anything, gears is ripping off Killzone
I was thinking that too.

It seems Yahtzee is getting a bit hypocritical...he wants games to be wacky over-the-top bundles of pure fun that don't take themselves seriously, but yet bashes on the Wii for providing such things. (not that the vast amounts of shovelware are GOOD, but it has the most that could fall into his category)

When he plays a PS3 or 360 game, he inevitably bashes it for taking itself too seriously and not including automatic rocket launchers, wacky hairstyles and heroin-pissing T-rexes. Then he turns around and bashes the Wii for not being "hardcore" enough. Make up your mind.

Note: I am not a Nintendo fanboy by any means; I own a 360 and not a Wii.
Is it so bad to look for some middle ground?

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
nintendo should have kept the n64 but anyway the fact theres no killzone 2 review thats just sad

Breno

Jul 4, 2008
Hammith said:
Greatly enjoyed the stab at Killzone 2. I'm so tired of all these games that happen in the 'future' and then have one gun that seems like it'd be from the future. Why isn't there a game yet where you start with a lightning gun, which is the least awesome gun?

Bah! Bah I say! Less realism, more fun!
well there is a gun in killzone 2 that shoots lighting :D

Jenny Creed

May 7, 2008
At around the phrase "The most open-minded prostitute" the humor reached critical mass and attained self-sustaining fusion reaction. At least that's when I started laughing uncontrollably so hard I had to watch the thing again. And a few times more for good measure.

Maybe now people who say ZP isn't as good as it used to be will hush. . . this may be the funniest review yet.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
Very funny, mabye next time you'll do mad world, if not... well I guess thats not up to me...

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
haha, i remember terrible translations from back in the day. the girl screaming "don't come!" used to get the prepubescent me giggling so hard.

Duh

Feb 19, 2009
funny that you made this review and i just happened to be watching REC five minutes before i saw it, talk about bizare coincidences

+1 for the matrix
actualy concidering how many games contain zombies on the current releases it wasnt realy unexpected

o well whatever

runtheplacered

Oct 31, 2007
Breno said:
Hammith said:
Greatly enjoyed the stab at Killzone 2. I'm so tired of all these games that happen in the 'future' and then have one gun that seems like it'd be from the future. Why isn't there a game yet where you start with a lightning gun, which is the least awesome gun?

shoots lighting? So... it's a lightbulb?

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
runtheplacered said:
Breno said:
Hammith said:

shoots lighting? So... it's a lightbulb?
no its a gun that shoots lightbulbs. those CFL's hurt like hell XP

Benj17

Mar 10, 2009
cutekittenkyti said:
Yahtzee needs games starting with I,K,Q and V....yes I went through the entire list...
also he has like 15 games starting with the letter S
and do games starting with "the" count as T's or as the letter the second word starts with???
either way he still needs I K Q and V
I= ICO
K = klanoa :p
Q = Q*Bert
im lost for V though

Crash486

Oct 18, 2008
Breno said:
Hammith said:

Lightning WITH infinite ammo!!!

Nah, fanboys aren't going to run to defend the game, even with the copious amounts of xbox fanboys attempting to provoke them to do so. We like the game, and that's all that really matters. It's got plenty of good reviews behind it, it doesn't really matter that the one gaming critic who hates every game save for a select few released 10 years ago decided he didn't like it. In fact, it's not even a surprise, attempting to defend it would be like trying to defend your asian girlfriend against your racist grandfather who served in nam.

Quadtrix

Dec 17, 2008
I think Yahtzee should do an Animal Crossing: City Folk review at some point. That game has a massive fanbase that, in my opinion, doesn't deserve in the slightest.

agerdemon

Feb 14, 2008
quickpaw said:
Well that was blatantly yet another anti Nintendo rant. God Yahtzee is such a fanboy.

Edit: Well I've clearly kicked a wasps nest here.
I didn't know you could get anti-fanboy fanboys lol. I think he just very annoyed with the crap that nintendo keeps churning out relying purely on the customers nostalgia.