Zero Punctuation: House of the Dead: Overkill

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Breno said:
Hammith said:
Greatly enjoyed the stab at Killzone 2. I'm so tired of all these games that happen in the 'future' and then have one gun that seems like it'd be from the future. Why isn't there a game yet where you start with a lightning gun, which is the least awesome gun?

Bah! Bah I say! Less realism, more fun!
well there is a gun in killzone 2 that shoots lighting :D
And in Quake 4

Duh

Feb 19, 2009
Benj17 said:
cutekittenkyti said:
Yahtzee needs games starting with I,K,Q and V....yes I went through the entire list...
also he has like 15 games starting with the letter S
and do games starting with "the" count as T's or as the letter the second word starts with???
either way he still needs I K Q and V
I= ICO
K = klanoa :p
Q = Q*Bert
im lost for V though
Viva Piñaya comes to mind
but i realy have an aversion to that games

Edit: Aktualy i just rememberd Valkyria chronicles, it's and JRPG strategy dunno whatever that is presented in watter collor that looks like it could be good,

WaffleGod

Oct 22, 2008
Breno said:
JonnWood said:
I sense incoming Killzone 2 fanboy flames. Hit the deck!
okay call me a fanboy but killzone 2 deserves a full review not just 2 sentances wich by the looks of it only reviewed the traliers and where did he get germans from i mean guys with glowing red gogles and breading gas masks germans?? ok sure it was made by germans but theres noting to do with germans at all!!! and another thing the setting is 2152 or sumtaing along those lines + the only thing it has the same as gears is the colour wich it is better then with the lighting effets and i could go on more but the bottem line is
i want killzone 2 review!!!!!!!

Euh.... fail? the Killzone franchise is made in the Netherlands by Dutch people. Netherlands =/= Germany. Dutch =/= German.

The rest I agree. It deserves a full review. Even though the setting has been done a hundred times, it's better then Resistance and it's equally fun as GoW IMHO.

Benj17

Mar 10, 2009
Duh said:
Benj17 said:
cutekittenkyti said:
Yahtzee needs games starting with I,K,Q and V....yes I went through the entire list...
also he has like 15 games starting with the letter S
and do games starting with "the" count as T's or as the letter the second word starts with???
either way he still needs I K Q and V
I= ICO
K = klanoa :p
Q = Q*Bert
im lost for V though
Viva Piñaya comes to mind
but i realy have an aversion to that games
oh god yh
2bf i think my aversion stopped me from finding it :p

HadesWTF

Jun 4, 2008
That was brilliant. I say skip Killzone 2. In all that game had nothing special about it and was average to the point of boredom. House on the other hand was brilliant in pure spectacle. While mind-numbingly easy its just something I like having on the shelf for laughs. I was so charmed by it not taking itself seriously. It was almost refreshing in this sea of serious business games that are completely unrealistic.

Bravo Yahtzee, I had a good laugh at this one.

MattClassic

Feb 21, 2008
[/quote]
KeithA45 said:
"WE BAKED YOU A TYRE CAKE!"

awesome line even though I thought the video was review-heavy and lacked as much comedy as I would have liked

By the way anyone know how to get a hold of "The Typing of the Dead"?
I'm pretty sure it's available on GameTap. I'd check their site, but their search function doesn't seem to be working for me at the moment. I had the bright idea of checking wikipedia, but there isn't a complete list of everything there (which makes sense since you could just go to the GameTap site itself and search for it... if their search function was working :\)

EDIT: Ha, found it! It was listed under the "Premium Action" category:

http://www.gametap.com/video-games/premium/action?page=2

Chocolate Caek

Mar 11, 2009
I disagree about killzone 2, while it was kind of cliched and the weapons were all just rehashes of modern day weapons, it was a lot of fun. It is a lot like gears of war, but thats not necessarily a bad thing, it does kind of have an artistic feel to it occasionally.

Lazzi

Apr 12, 2008
Sylocat said:
quickpaw said:
Sylocat said:
quickpaw said:
Well that was blatantly yet another anti Nintendo rant. God Yahtzee is such a fanboy.
I guess he's decided on a fixed quotient every month. Drama whoring does bring in more site traffic after all.
He's already quadrupled the escapist?s traffic. Is that not enough?
Well, he's already appointed himself as the champion of Nintendo hatedom, he has to keep up the image.

For someone who spends half his time yammering on about how he doesn't care what anyone else thinks, he sure seems obsessed with retaining his fanbase...
Well i dont belive that he cares about what people are saying, but it is possible the his paycheck grows for each person he beings to the site. So if he appeals to the fan base then he should logicly get apyed more.

Im not saying thats it, but it could explain it.

Lazzi

Apr 12, 2008
Bravo, this review seemed to have that gene'se qua the some of his later reviews have been missing.

It was charming, not blatantly hatefull, and just seem to have this general air of fun. I susppect he might have actully enjoyed doing crating the review, it seem to have this very natural flow to it.

Walrus42

Apr 18, 2008
Hey! I might be able to get some use out of my Wii instead of keeping it in the closet, while my 360 hogs up the television...

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
darrinwright said:
nathan-dts said:
Nintendo haven't made a good console since the Nintendo 64.
The Wii would like to have a word with you. http://www.metacritic.com/games/wii/scores/
OMFG, You actually believe these scores?

Funny that I agree Mario Galaxy is the best to come onto the Wii, but most of the others were shocking and I would cut that score in half and cut it again!