Zero Punctuation: House of the Dead: Overkill

MrShrike

Oct 27, 2008
Falseprophet said:
Wow, three good ZPs in a row! Has the golden age returned?
assuming that everyone has invididual tastes in what they want from ZP and that most people praise them anyway, could it be safe to say it never really ended?

runtheplacered

Oct 31, 2007
Nazulu said:
darrinwright said:
nathan-dts said:
Nintendo haven't made a good console since the Nintendo 64.
The Wii would like to have a word with you. http://www.metacritic.com/games/wii/scores/
OMFG, You actually believe these scores?

Funny that I agree Mario Galaxy is the best to come onto the Wii, but most of the others were shocking and I would cut that score in half and cut it again!
You're both high for A.) thinking that scores have anything to do with how good a system is. and B.) for thinking that scores aren't believable. As if it's a God or something. Although, you could disagree with them, but that's another story. Oh yeah and C.) for thinking that your opinions matter so much as to be able to deem a system "good" or "bad".

Samexf

Jan 23, 2009
Great review, mademe chuckle. I love my copy of Overkill, though it has possibly one of the most disturbing endings of a game. Ever.

How the hell Overkill got past the NIMF or Daily Mail without causing any fuss is beyond me (unlike Madworld Ruins Wii's Family Friendly Image [http://themadworldblog.blogspot.com/2009/03/nimf-unhappy-with-madworld-on-wii.html])

inkheart_artist

Jan 22, 2009
HAHA......Good Stuff.
I'm glad he gave a rip on Killzone 2 makes me feel better about having no intention to play it.

Heroic One

Aug 29, 2007
House of the Dead just isn't the same without an arcade booth and plastic brightly-coloured guns.

RELOAD

robinkom

Jan 8, 2009
nathan-dts said:
quickpaw said:
Well that was blatantly yet another anti Nintendo rant. God Yahtzee is such a fanboy.
Yes because that cartridge-based, low-poly spewing, crippled texture-mapping Silicon Graphics-designed gray box is clearly superior to the Gamecube and Wii combined. *SARCASM*

The Nintendo 64's hardware limitations and small storage medium caused it to miss out on many, MANY good franchises that found a home on the PlayStation. Sure, it had it's gems, but most were all first or second-party titles. Just like with the Wii Motion Control Upgrade, Nintendo was really dodgy and secretive about certain aspects of the N64 development kits with their third-party licensees. Consequently, the N64 did have the last of the good Pro-Wrestling games, that being WWF No Mercy.

And the Gamecube did everything right except for the childish marketing they slapped on it and their choice to ignore Online Play except for certain SEGA titles. They remedied the bad marketing later, but it was too far into the system's life to turn it around at that point. The system was, however, blessed with the final and best iteration of Gauntlet: Dark Legacy which is insanely fun with friends (not to mention epic in scale).

Personally, I consider the NES and SNES superior to the N64 as they were industry juggernauts in their time and trumpeted a literal sea of amazing titles. None of them compare, of course, to the godliness that is the Commodore 64 so they can all bow in reverence at it's 5.25" Floppy feet.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Doug said:
Breno said:
Hammith said:
Greatly enjoyed the stab at Killzone 2. I'm so tired of all these games that happen in the 'future' and then have one gun that seems like it'd be from the future. Why isn't there a game yet where you start with a lightning gun, which is the least awesome gun?

Bah! Bah I say! Less realism, more fun!
well there is a gun in killzone 2 that shoots lighting :D
And in Quake 4
And Quake 1

And Painkiller

And Unreal Tournament 2003/2004

DoomBlackDragon

Sep 13, 2008
Well this video has been a poor quilty video. Yahtzee seems to be getting ether lazy or her becoming the EA version of critics in whichs his fame has gotting so be he feels he can just push shit out and think we will take it lieing down. I really that I was watching some shit video with Yahtzee voice just dubbed in. Very poor quilty then again all 2009 videos seem to be on this poor quilty level. I not even sure why I come back here each week. Seems the comidy master has drown in the waves if endless bad game. For every good game there is 20 bad one he has to review. Now I have to only hope the comidy will return one day. As of now Yahtzee seems to be wanting to review more and rant then the Yahtzee we all grow to love.

DeeperShade

Dec 17, 2008
DoomBlackDragon said:
I not even sure why I come back here each week.
I honestly doubt you'd be missed.

-

Anyway, great review (again (as always)), but honestly, I can't bring myself to buy the game. The idea of owning a HOTD game... :shudder: I'd ever be able to look at my face in the mirror again. :)

darrinwright

Oct 1, 2008
Nazulu said:
darrinwright said:
nathan-dts said:
The Wii would like to have a word with you. http://www.metacritic.com/games/wii/scores/
OMFG, You actually believe these scores?

Funny that I agree Mario Galaxy is the best to come onto the Wii, but most of the others were shocking and I would cut that score in half and cut it again!
OK, OK, I get it, everyone! My bad for trying to defend Nintendo. THEY SUCK! There, happy? Can I please not get any more flak over supporting a console and games I happen to like? PLEASE FORGIVE ME for having my own opinions. Won't happen again.

L4Y Duke

Nov 24, 2007
cutekittenkyti said:
Yahtzee needs games starting with I,K,Q and V....yes I went through the entire list...
also he has like 15 games starting with the letter S
and do games starting with "the" count as T's or as the letter the second word starts with???
either way he still needs I K Q and V
Retrospective reviews of Ico, KKND and one of Vigilante 8: Arcade, perhaps?

Don't know a Q one though.

EDIT: Quake! How could I forget Quake!

Zetona

Dec 20, 2008
If you click the link to Yahtzee's site under the vid, there's a well thought-out dissertation on why Yahtzee isn't reviewing SF4, Killzone 2 or Resistance 2. In response to that dissertation:

Review Flower, Mr. Croshaw. Or play it, at least. You're obviously suffering from a dearth of artsy, incomprehensible titles.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
quickpaw said:
Well that was blatantly yet another anti Nintendo rant. God Yahtzee is such a fanboy.

Edit: Well I've clearly kicked a wasps nest here.
I think he just doesn't like Nintendo, if every time somebody doesn't like something we call them a fanboy then what does the word mean?