Zero Punctuation: House of the Dead: Overkill

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
PrimeZero2 said:
He talks about ****ing his pants over Crysis and mentions nothing about KZ2's graphics? Whatever, great review anyways.
You have NOT played Crysis.

http://www.videogamer.com/videos/crysis_trailer_2.html

And coming off of even a game like Unreal Tournament 3, Killzone 2 has nothing going for it graphics wise.

Gameplay wise it is somewhere between Call of Duty 3 (not 4) and Quake 4, only with some ridiculous single weapon limit that fucking ruins the gameplay. I mean the 2-weapon-limit that Halo popularised was pushing it, only one primary weapon is utter arse-crack!

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
The Wii really needs more violent games... now of course I know violence isn't everything to look for in a game but in the Wii's case it would of starved to death long ago if it needed violence to survive.

That Killzone 2 BTW haha! Sure to piss some people off!

UncleScar

Hakuna Matata Bitches!
Oct 26, 2008
sophtswitch said:
UncleScar said:
As a Glaswegian, I approve of the heroin comment
Ditto! Mainly coz it's accurate.
It's irrefutably true ;)
Just go and stand outside any school, hell, any Scottish school at lunch time and watch for the heroin/coke dealers :D

Spacelord

May 7, 2008
dom de dom ich liebe wurst

possibly the best summarisation of the german national identity.

internutt

Aug 27, 2008
Hilarious as always.

Maybe one day we will see games starting with letters other than 'S'.

Techni

Oct 6, 2005
Um, everything Killzone is, it was BEFORE Gears of War came out. If anything, Gears of War is a copy of it. When I first got Gears of War I honestly felt it was a console version of Killzone for PSP since it had the whole cover system, bringing AI allies back to life thing and the same grenade targetting system

13lackfriday

Feb 10, 2009
quickpaw said:
Well that was blatantly yet another anti Nintendo rant. God Yahtzee is such a fanboy.

Edit: Well I've clearly kicked a wasps nest here.
The anti-fanboy, you mean...

Ahh, the sweet, reassuring feeling of being totally secure with one's identity...even when it's as a complete, senseless piece of VG tripe.

Edit:

Wow, was he harsh with Killzone...barely got more than a mention and a chuckle...(lol lack of german voice talent)
Even Gears he got around to fully reviewing...and he was quite forgiving with it too.

ElTigreNegro

Jan 17, 2009
Yahtzee feeds from the tears of angry fanboys complaining that he dared to say something bad of their beloved console/game.

Techni

Oct 6, 2005
Wingmna said:
Gamecube, if anything was better then PS2 in just about everything, graphics power, controller set up
Cube's controller was horrible.
The dpad was too small
The analog stick sucked, it used the same design that caused blisters on the N64. It wasn't clickable. Then they made an even worse analog stick for the other side.
The bean button arrangement is retarded. It makes it hard to push 2 buttons at the same time when one of them isn't A. Try playing SNES games on Wii using the Gamecube controller (specifically running and jumping in Mario World) and you'll see why it's so bad
Why is there 2 shoulder buttons on the right, but only 1 on the left? Make it symetrical damnit.
Why only 1 system button (Start) Put select back.
The cable is abnormally short.
Even it's rumble is worse than competitor's, only one motor.
The controller is too small, I've got my fingers pinched by the dpad and c-stick things.
The ONLY thing they got right were the clicking shoulder buttons.

Wingmna said:
even the discs Nintendo prevented privacy
No they didn't. See the Phantasy Star Online loader.

Wingmna said:
Of course Dreamcast was better then both consoles
No it wasn't.

BIGpanda

Jan 13, 2009
always thought killzone 2 felt abit bland. more on the halo side than gears to be honest, point is yatzee summarized that game in a minute with something I still wanna play. great job.

Techni

Oct 6, 2005
Quadtrix said:
I think Yahtzee should do an Animal Crossing: City Folk review at some point. That game has a massive fanbase that, in my opinion, doesn't deserve in the slightest.
Agreed. When a game is completely randomly generated, how can any "new" game of it feel any different than simply starting a new save?

That and it's a gopher simulator, like taking the trading sequence in Zelda and wrapping a game around it.

Techni

Oct 6, 2005
Vanguard_Ex said:
darrinwright said:
nathan-dts said:
Nintendo haven't made a good console since the Nintendo 64.
The Wii would like to have a word with you. http://www.metacritic.com/games/wii/scores/
What does that link show?
Wii has far less good games, and far more crappy ones than other consoles. I've used metacritic as proof of that in the past. Seriously, add the colors up. That link does not paint Wii in a positive light at all.

srpilha

Dec 24, 2008
Yahtzee has 8 S's already. Absolute SouthPark MadScientist material.

(I'm amazed no one made this joke before me)

excellent vid, really. :)