Zero Punctuation: inFamous

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
the moral and karma thing drive me quackers , the entering an area that is out of bounds is bullshit in a sandbox world ,but this game is one for the wait till it's marked down to buy list , but as usual yahtzee has saved me money again ,more beer wohoo

Fingerprint

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2008
I loved the "6ft mars bar and you're a diabetic" bit, that made me laugh, a lot. I was surprised Yahtzee enjoyed it (I was assuming he was going to tear in a new one) but thats no bad thing. It was still a very funny review.

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
Someone should let Yahtzee tell them how to make a sandbox game, he seems to find the right formula then is ignored by game makers.

Yahtzee must be a messiah and someone should start a religon around him. I'm not joining cause that sounds like people who enjoy sausage fests and girls who smell like old meat will be there.

NeutralDrow said:
Hmm...gotta say, I agree. Has anyone yet made a game with a Neutral moral path?
Well Spore kind of does

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
Loved the review, and by god hes right it is one of the few who justify the character not being able to swim!

messy

Dec 3, 2008
coladict said:
what? no e-mail of the week?
too bad. it would have been a good addition.

i do hope we aren't expecting a [Prototype] review, because i'd rather try it before laughing off everything Yahtzee will point out in it.
I think the reason for the no letter, is because it'll have to be as epic as last weeks about the poor fool who thought duke nukem was coming out.

OT; one of the funniest reviews of a while, loved the bit at the end about sandbox characters being unable to swim

deadly.by.design

Jan 30, 2008
Nice review.

I don't and won't have a PS3, but the game looks interesting. In other news, I find it odd that an Australian feels the need for a Republican joke, but whatevs.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
bodyklok said:
624 said:
I thought he was going to review red faction...

:'(
not out yet I think.
Dude, Red faction came out June 2.

Don't worry he'll probally, no, more than likely, reveiw Red Faction since there is sooooo much to pick at.

As for the review, lovely. That was funny.

spikevamp

Dec 25, 2008
Good solid review... still wouldn't buy it though, mainly due to the extortionate price of a PS3.

Would probably be cheaper buying a shot at being the Pope

Inriri

Jun 4, 2008
Is it just me was he talking rather slow this week? Tired maybe?

Also, I did like the early evil choices, because they actually seemed plausible and a Everyone for themselves feel. Then it quickly progressed to insane supervillian

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
I thoroughly enjoyed that review, which i'm glad as the last few to me have seemed like they were missing something.

But, its a shame I can't get this game; what with lacking a PS3. But i must admit I am rather sick of the seemingly lack of moral options in games. Its always good or bad. Why can't you good by commiting extreme acts of evil.

Pellucid

Mar 29, 2009
AceDiamond said:
Well now we all know which side of the political toast you butter, Mr. Transparency. The format of these videos aren't designed as a buildup to a punchline, I hope you do realize. And if you don't realize, well then I feel a bit sorry for you.
Actually I'm pretty moderate, it's just that "Republicans = Nazis" jokes got old about a year into Bush's first term and when Yahtzee turns to political jokes that's pretty much the only one he tells.

Besides, that wasn't my primary complaint; that was just the most egregious example of his current trend of non-creativity. The whole thing was pretty bland. Yahtzee hasn't gotten a chuckle out of me in a long time, as opposed to Unskippable which is very fresh and actually makes me laugh. Don't get me wrong, I still appreciate Yahtzee and ZP, but I really hope he finds some new material before he ends up like the Internet equivalent of the Simpsons.

Xaositect

Mar 6, 2008
Great review, but I really had to restrain myself from adding to "Half Irish and half dipshit" with "So all Irish then?"

Plus, while I wouldnt shoehorn all morality decisions into that box, it does account for a heck of a lot of them.

Feb 13, 2008
He likes a game again??????

Quick, someone find something to be nasty about. I need to see something getting torn apart.

But yeah, to add to the rubbish evil/good choice system, why is it that Evil missions are always so much more fun? I'm not asking for much, just that the Evil version of "look after 30 toddlers" is far more enlightening.

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
Hah so called inFamous (i know you all did too ssshh)

Kinda surprised he liked it actually, I wonder if he'll review Prototype next week..

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Rip shit up Emperor Palpetine style you say? I think this deserves a rental.

And to the guy who asked to be suspended for 30 days and the mod who suspended him...I would like to give each of you a cookie.

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
Ha-ha, another anti-Republican joke for all the little leftist Escapists.

It's getting old, Yahtzee. It soured the review for me.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
Hmm, I could respond and praise Yahtzee, telling him how I enjoyed the review and liked the game as well. Or I could tell him he's horrible, make fun of his mom and then fart in his face. Either way, it doesn't change the fact that I'm making fun of the way Cole is presented with his choices.