Zero Punctuation: Little Big Planet

darmey

Sep 10, 2008
Ahhh, that's better. Staring at arse was much more enjoyable than that thing where the unfunny guys talk over cut scenes.

Oh, and the review wasn't too bad either. PS3 fanboys have spent too long holding this game up as if it compensates for all the 360 exclusives which are apparently "overrated".

xanith02100

Feb 1, 2009
Yeah I'm pretty sure that now I will need to go out and buy some googly eyes to plaster on my arse.

Georgie2x4

Oct 1, 2008
Good video as usual, the googly eyes were great!

Also I wish someone would make another decent game like Little Big Adventure, it was awesome back in the day.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
PirateKing said:
I was hoping he would review this.
...was that Yahtzee with the googly eye boxers? If so then awesome. Yahtzee rocks even more.
I dont know whats more disturbing, Yahtzee doing the butt monster himself, or asking a friend to do it....

maybe its an escapist, think he's your friend?, he might be grooming all of us.

Allan Foe

Dec 20, 2007
Lord Doom said:
I am really surprised that he reviewed this. I thought that Yahtzee would have looked at it the same as Super Smash Brothers even though he is a fan of the PS3. He must have fallen to viewer pressure again. The butt monster was funny though. I hope your A/C is fixed soon. I think I just realized something. He wrote the review in his boxers.
Projecting much?

Since when has Yahtzee been a PS3 fanboy and how is LBP like SSB? LBP is a platformer that relies on user created content, SSB is a simplified fighting game (granted, it has a rudimentary level editor, but it's more of an appendix). I've never played any of them and I can still tell the difference.

About "viewer pressure":
If you've ever listened to the AustralianGamer podcasts you may have heard that Yahtzee has actually been playing LBP since the game's release and enjoyed it, somewhat begrudgingly.

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
I'm late in posting this, but what's with the queer jokes on this one? Honestly, I don't mind the quarkyness (yes, that's a word) of the previous "reviews", but this one has a strong ephasis on cock and ass. Either way, the review was okay; my review of that review is 2.5 out of 5.

Also, just as a note, I'd like to see a review of Warhammer Online if at all possible. Of course, this would be better done in a month when the Slayer (a fat, naked midget) and the Choppa get added in or in a few months when the Land of the Dead gets in too, but any time is also good.

the farkinator

Nov 6, 2008
lol. most of the old ones were built on similies and random cracks at Michael Actkinson. Although he didn't show up in this episode, it was a nice return to form.

SaineRaine

Jan 12, 2009
I loved LittleBigPlanet, but the points that he made where parts that did actually bother me about the game.

Jumping is hard. You never know if the jump you made to four toothpick size pillars will be good for a jump to another toothpick size pillar that is the same distance away. I've had many a Sackperson plummet to their sack-y deaths by mis judging a jump.

The level creation is a really neat idea, but it's true- there are alot of really bad ones then there are ones like the Azure Palice that is really hard, yet fantastically tought out. Or ones that are incredibly interesting but useless in the end like the Calculator level.

The coolest part for me and my friends seems to be being able to dress up funny and play together. There really hasn't been many games lately that we could all play at the same time that was good. Every player has to cooperate yet you are competing as well.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
It was a bit more hard to understand than usual. But i will undersatnd more after watching it a few more times.

Very funny btw.

akmarksman

Mar 28, 2008
great review.

I wonder what will happen when Project Origin comes out..will he shat his shorts?..after watching the previews on DVDs for the new FEAR..I just about did.

bobthedeadly

Aug 20, 2008
Great review, as usual...

Was that last bit supposed to be a parody of the Ring?

And I really hope that wasn't Yahtzee's arse... Maybe Matt or Yug, whichever one he lives with now, it's hard to keep up with who's sleeping with- I mean living with- who in that little group... Though on reflection, I'd rather see Yahtzee's arse than Matt or Yug's.

turkinaa

May 28, 2008
Sometimes it feels like Yahtzee is in my head. Jumping, IMHO, is the worst part of the game and everything requires you to jump. Love the level designs though.

ManiacRaccoon

Aug 20, 2008
You know, I really do like the user generated content idea, though I understand what Yahtzee's talking about, but sifting through some bad stuff to get to something good can sometimes be rewarding. And trying out the level creator would be fun, I've tried it at Gamestop, but not very much, I still think it's user content generation works better than Spore, what with being able to create levels as opposed to creatures and spaceships you will only see from a mile away later in the game. Great review though, as always.

Haha, evil googly-eyed shorts! How long d'you think it'll take for those to show up in a Little Big Planet level?

Jedted

Mar 13, 2008
Wasn't the best ZP review i've seen, took him like a whole minute before actually mentioning the game he was reviewing. Shoulda just made a random video game rant like his Turok/FPS video.

NeonZombie

Feb 5, 2009
I never played this game and ever since i saw the adverts and ign reviews etc i always wanted to. Sadly im an xbox, pc and wii owner i don't think i can bring myself to buy another console for fear of becoming obsessed with games haha

We do need more simple platform games like this thought - Remember what an amazing success the new super mario brothers was on ds (doh! i own a ds too)