Zero Punctuation: Little Big Planet

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
theultimateend said:
I think I figured out a simple irc-script-like equation for how people respond to Zero Punctuation.

$game == topic of this episode's Zero Punctuation
$obligatoryuniqueevent == Whatever Yahtzee does this episode that hasn't been done before. (See boxers with googly eyes)
$feelings == 0 for hate the game, 1 for love the game)
$historicalreference == Name of an old 'legendary game'

if($game==1){
post "Yahtzee has finally lost it. He used to be funny but this nonsensical bullshit obviously proves his ship has sailed. There has not been a game as good as "+$game+" since "+$historicalreference+". I hope Yahtzee has another job that'll tide him over because this shit won't get him anywhere anymore.
}else if{$game==0){
post "Oh man! That was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I can't believe everyone is so gungho about how utterly amazing "+$game+" is?! I mean it's ok but you pretty much hit all the weak points of the stupid thing. Likewise your "+$obligatoryuniqueevent+" was hilarious, man I couldn't stop laughing I'm serious.

Keep it up man. You are amazing.
}

If you look back it appears 8 out of the 10+ pages on here are using this simple script.
Psychemaster said:
This critique (not going to call it a review) lost all meaning to me as soon it cut to the googley-eyed arse bit.

Anyone else think Mr. Croshaw is losing his touch a little?
Told you guys. My formula is pretty accurate ;). I suppose however I should have included an angry reference to "+$obligatoryuniqueevent+" in the $game==1 section as well.

Ah live and learn.

Psychemaster

Everything in Moderation
Aug 18, 2008
theultimateend said:
theultimateend said:
I think I figured out a simple irc-script-like equation for how people respond to Zero Punctuation.

$obligatoryuniqueevent == Whatever Yahtzee does this episode that hasn't been done before. (See boxers with googly eyes)

if($game==1){
post "Yahtzee has finally lost it. He used to be funny but this nonsensical bullshit obviously proves his ship has sailed. There has not been a game as good as "+$game+" since "+$historicalreference+". I hope Yahtzee has another job that'll tide him over because this shit won't get him anywhere anymore.
}else if{$game==0){
post "Oh man! That was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I can't believe everyone is so gungho about how utterly amazing "+$game+" is?! I mean it's ok but you pretty much hit all the weak points of the stupid thing. Likewise your "+$obligatoryuniqueevent+" was hilarious, man I couldn't stop laughing I'm serious.

}

If you look back it appears 8 out of the 10+ pages on here are using this simple script.
Psychemaster said:
This critique (not going to call it a review) lost all meaning to me as soon it cut to the googley-eyed arse bit.

Told you guys. My formula is pretty accurate ;). I suppose however I should have included an angry reference to "+$obligatoryuniqueevent+" in the $game==1 section as well.

Ah live and learn.
Wait, shouldn't that be

if ($feelings == 1) { blah blah blah } else if ($feelings == 0) { other blah }

since $game isn't an integer value and would be difficult to compare? :D

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Psychemaster said:
theultimateend said:
theultimateend said:

if($game==1){
}else if{$game==0){

}

Psychemaster said:

Ah live and learn.
Wait, shouldn't that be

You make a valid point. Lemme fix that now. I had edited teh script before without editing the the legend at the top. My bad. :p

At any rate I still think (mistakes aside) that it pretty much explains every zero punctuation comment that ends up on the escapist.

Larks

Oct 27, 2008
I dont blame him for being slower this time. Its hell hot here in australia at the moment and in fact tmorrow the temperature here will be hotter than the sahara desert. lol. Great Vid tho.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
theultimateend said:
Psychemaster said:
theultimateend said:
theultimateend said:

if($game==1){
}else if{$game==0){

}

Psychemaster said:

Ah live and learn.
Wait, shouldn't that be

You make a valid point. Lemme fix that now. I had edited teh script before without editing the the legend at the top. My bad. :p

At any rate I still think (mistakes aside) that it pretty much explains every zero punctuation comment that ends up on the escapist.
Logic process is cool! :D
And you were spot on to boot. Very good, sir. Tip of the hat. ;)

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Wounded Melody said:
ColdStorage said:
PirateKing said:
I was hoping he would review this.
...was that Yahtzee with the googly eye boxers? If so then awesome. Yahtzee rocks even more.
I dont know whats more disturbing, Yahtzee doing the butt monster himself, or asking a friend to do it....

maybe its an escapist, think he's your friend?, he might be grooming all of us.
Doesn't he have a housemate? It could be either one then, but I'd like to think it's Yahtzee ^.~
I dont know if he has a housemate, I've read a couple of times on these forums regarding people saying he's has housemates and what not, thats an unhealthy obsession with the poor guy.

And why are we discussing the possible identity of the butt monster? I've disturbed myself.

jebussaves88

May 4, 2008
This was a good review. Maybe not because the reviewing was good (though I agreed with all points, being one of the few people actually any good at Far Cry level design without having to run around Gonad Island), but perhaps a return to form for Yahtzee through self mocking (running out of simile's and boxer-monsters.)

Dele

Oct 25, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Dele said:
Good - Googly Eye Boxers
Bad - Tired Yahzee

Now would be a good time for Escapist to pay him a ticket to Hawaii so he can rest his creative brains and provide us with new fun content to watch.
How would Hawaii be better than the Gold Coast?
Hula girls

TitsMcGee1804

Dec 24, 2008
I played little big adventure

it was really cool

LBP? not my cup of tea, we have come too far to revert back to a 2Dx3 platformer

Wargamer

Apr 2, 2008
TitsMcGee1804 said:
I played little big adventure

it was really cool

LBP? not my cup of tea, we have come too far to revert back to a 2Dx3 platformer
To assume the past has no value will ultimately undermine the future.

There's nothing wrong with 2D platformers, so long as they are done properly.

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
I think Yatzee might've actually liked a game. WTF with the boxer shorts? Weird stuff.

Psychochik

Feb 4, 2009
MarwoodBramwell said:
jjpenguin said:
meh, didnt find it funny myself...valid points though, Yahtzee doesn't seem to get UGC, the point is that there WILL be an extortianite amount of sh*t, but saturated with brilliance
Saturated? Is that ACTUALLY what you mean?

Not little tiny neddles of moderateness buried under the dross?
hehehe LOL.... Well, he does have a point. Saturated also implies 'the unwanted spread of an annoying stain'... It does fit with my thoughts on the LBP universe.

ntnimara

Oct 3, 2008
wow.. that was freaky..

loved the analogies :p

little big planet's ok.. haven't played it.. but it's doing it's own thing.. and doing it fairly well.. so you gotta give it a bit of credit for that at least..

144_v1legacy

Apr 25, 2008
I seem to remember a time when Yahtzee, on the Australian Gamer Podcast with Matt and that guY, said, in a hushed tone and revealing his desire that the opposite were true, "Little Big Planet is actually pretty good." Furthermore, according to that same podcast, Yahtzee was laughing, something the other two claimed they weren't sure Yahtzee was capable of, when they dressed up sackboy as ... someone.

Helm of Demonica

Jan 3, 2009
The real question is, "Who was video taping him shaking his butt?"

Great vid... so true about the Naruto bit during the credits. To hell what that crap. Get into some REAL anime! Damn Narutards.

V-Savas

Feb 6, 2009
Funny review as always. I wish he would do a review of the Little Big Adventure series in retrospect.
And it does make you wonder who filmed him shaking his butt... and how he got those googly eyes on there.

Dorian Cornelius Jasper

Space Robot From Outer Space
Apr 8, 2008
One day, he might write a new Chzo game.

It may involve dancing eyeball underpants.

Which would sadly make too much sense for my comfort.

Offatwork

Feb 7, 2009
Wow you guys just don't get it. I hate to use an oxymoron here but it is a complete near-miss with you guys, with regards to this vid.

The dude clearly says that he likes the "game" part of the game. Ya know, the one with the levels that were developed by actual game designers. However that's it; that's where the line stops.

He also says the user content is cool but pretty stupid to base a game about. It's great to have in games that have actual content because it's like that added topping of nutmeg to make everyone happy. Though since he believes that most people are mediocre, retarded morons, like "theultimateend" proves in his posts (kudos to you all for proving Yahtzee's point as well), a game created solely for user-created content is a bad idea since no one should have to wade through all the bile in order to find the golden needle.

So in the end proving that a game focused around user-created content is like eating the jar of nutmeg; or the bile, however you want to look at it (funny, much like wading through these posts).

------------------------

"Get into some REAL anime! Damn Narutards."

Or how about a better solution: get a life and stop worshiping a cartoon. Maybe then people might sprout brains; or at least creative thought. It's no different than being the 14 year old cheer leader gleefully yacking about, "O.M.G.-how-cool-is-britney-spears!"

Speaking of which, I think we all need a Britney Spears level...

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
hrm, I'm sad to see that he didn't like it. Though I don't own a ps3 it was a game high on my list to buy should I ever lose my sanity and buy one. Then again, he's been wrong about games before.