Zero Punctuation: Little Big Planet

beddo

Dec 12, 2007
It's really annoying to see so many posts by people who must immediately proclaim that they agree with Yahtzee.

FanDam

Jun 25, 2008
Eagle Est1986 said:
Oh wow, wasn't expecting it to be this. I think he liked it, it's hard to tell.
Good use of Austin Powers music though, kudos.
Ahem, that was Quincy Jones.

This was one of the funniest reviews in a while, although it was clear Mr. C liked it and was having trouble finding things seriously wrong with it.

The reference to 'The Ring' at the end was great as well.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
jjpenguin said:
meh, didnt find it funny myself...valid points though, Yahtzee doesn't seem to get UGC, the point is that there WILL be an extortianite amount of sh*t, but saturated with brilliance
Saturated isn't really the right word. Maybe... lightly dabbed with the corner of a handkerchief? I really like the idea of letting people create their own stuff, but I also agree heartily with him here. To me, though, the best part wouldn't be making other people see your stuff, it would be sharing with friends or keeping it for yourself.

All in all, though, I think this may have been the least reviewy of his reviews yet. I felt very empty about the result, even though I laughed. I don't feel like I know a single thing more about the game that I didn't know already. However, I loved the fake-out with googly-eye-ass-face. It makes you think for just that brief minute that he completely ignored the idea of do-it-yourself stuff in the game.

MsDevin92

Nov 9, 2008
I was just wondering why he never brought up user made content even though he mentioned it in another review, but then after I was traumatized by the...dancing... "OH FUCK SORRY." I lol'd pretty hard.

I disagree with his stance on it a tiny bit, because that game is so goddamn cute and the ability to create levels made me actually wish I had a PS3, although I do know what he means by a river of bad designs to wade through. It's like on a website where you give people the ability to create their own avatars; some will be beautiful blends of color and themes that make your eyes fall out to lovingly make out with the screen, but for every one of those people there will be 10,000 more users who just slap on the starter items and expect a boatload of compliments.

SerpentStare

Jan 25, 2009
I didn't find this review quite as funny as some of the other ones - I guess the heat is getting to Yahtzee's brain just like it is to mine. Yeah, the heat sucks. Not badly made up for, but still kinda poor - for Yahtzee. The eyed boxers was a serious wtf moment, but the ranting seems to be Yahtzee's usual. He notes himself that he doesn't feel inspired to say much about the game and finds it difficult because it's hot, so I just hope he gets his aircon fixed before the next release.

Foreign Shadow

Feb 4, 2009
First time posting and I'm coming onto a ZP forum, I must be insane. A hilarious and biting review, as always. The point about user-created content was a good one. I think developers of games like LBP are thinking that all gamers are like me: ie, obsessive-compulsives with considerable creativity but no work ethic, who have so much fun fooling around with creating their own levels/characters/enemies etc. that it never enters their heads to "sully" the beautiful creations with juvenile humor. But most gamers, after the novelty wears off-about 30 seconds in some cases, I should think-will jump right into abusing the UCC feature in any and all ways possible.

Calax

Jan 16, 2009
More and more I think Yahtzee actually is a disappointment to his parents, he cracks more jokes about him with various men than most people would be comfortable with (Filipino boys this time)

chenry

Oct 31, 2007
Great, more nightmare fuel. Just what I needed.

Good stuff, lol'd heartily. Would watch again.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
How come he sometimes doesn't make fun of the big things to make fun of: then again sometimes he likes the horrible things that should be made fun of: like grass-cutting minigames.

I thought LBP was pretty average too which is why I thought the ZP review would be hilarious; not equally average.

I hope he knows we don't count on him to give us relevant and informative reviews (at least I haven't since his No More Heroes review); we just want him to be funny.

This Person

Jul 13, 2008
I'd like to think that was Yahtzee's bum with the googly eyes on it, because it would explain a lot about his personality. I think I would be pretty cynical if I had eyes growing out of my bum. Think of the things you'd see! Not to mention the pain of sitting down.

Anyway, the review was average, if a bit dodgy. Yahtzee reminded me of the lovable dog with the shrapnel it its brain, running back and forth between pleasing the faithful fanbase and throwing a mediocre game through the wringer. He seems to be caring a bit more about the feelings of the viewers, and I guess that's alright, but I think I prefer the reviews in which he was so offensive and off-the-wall that he could make you laugh while you wanted to punch him in the dick.

Wolfwind

May 28, 2008
Well, aside from Yahtzee's ass calling me after the video was over and whispering "Seven days", I enjoyed this review.

I think maybe he actually liked LBP a little, but he's got a point. There really isn't much you can say about it. He didn't have much to work with.

Ryuzaki

The Public Face of L
Nov 5, 2008
Great review, took me along time to see it though. I tried to watch it at 5 and couldn't get it to load until now. Still it was worth it, hilarious as usual. Can't wait for next weeks video.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
A sub-par review today, i never have had the urge to pick up LBP as i'm not much of a platformer gamer but then again i didn't think i'd like psychonauts so maybe i'll give it a shot.....when i get a PS3....so i won't happen never mind