Zero Punctuation: Little Big Planet

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Was it just me or did Yahtzee's eyes seem different this week?

It must be that living in Australia is starting to rub off on him, (unless it was some subtle joke I didn't get).

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
StarryXNights said:
Today's episode contained more bile than usual and didn't include such fast conversation. Personally I think Yahtzee has finally lost the plot, which is not necessarily a bad thing.
Thats not quite fair, do you how how hot it is in Austraila at the moment? I have family over there and its hell in the city, up wake up shower then 5 mins later you will be dripping Its so hot they've been having power cuts.

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Hum, this was probaly one of the worst ZP's, over all not funny and it just didnt make much sense, its based more of a stereotypical view of LBP rather then the experience you get from playing it. I mean saying that gamers will instantly abuse any form of content they can make themselfs isnt a problem LBP has ever suffered from, you'll be hard streched to find obscene levels, saying that you're forced to search through all the crap to find decent levels is also stereotypical BS because the highest rated most played levels are the ones that are put straight to the top, the search system also works perfectly, and saying that the mods delete anything they dont like is also wrong, again based of a stupid stereotype LBP has, the true being that mods only check levels flaged by other users, LBP is full of copywrite breaking stuff thats been there for ages, they havnt been reported by users so they havnt been taken down, simple as.

Its really easy to see when Yahtzee simpley dosnt play the games he's 'reviewing' fully, he should probaly actually try every part of a game instead of squirting out random crap he's heard around the web.

Grenbyron

Dec 31, 2008
Not his usual quality. Though at the same time I did like the sight seeing underpants.

SnowCold

Oct 1, 2008
Wow, I was sure he would givethis one the worst review ever, but It came preety good.

kdragon1010

Jan 17, 2009
I had heard moderately good things about LBP before nothing that made me go WOW I need to get a PS3 so I can play that! This was more of that really.

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
Emmitt_Nervend said:
I wonder if that was Yahtzee's ass shaking.
Wouldn't put it past Yahtzee to shake his own ass at us.

A great review, I found Little Big Planet enormously entertaining, for the simple reason that it's really funny to fuck people over, especially on that snowboard level: I would slap everyone else off when we got going, and they would hit the electrified platforms...

At this point, I really wonder why people bother posting their thoughts when the most they could have watched of the review is 2 minutes. You people know Yahtzee will lob the ban hammer at you, so what's the point?

Grenbyron said:
Not his usual quality. Though at the same time I did like the sight seeing underpants.
Maybe he was serious that his AC is busted.

Emmitt_Nervend said:
I wonder if that was Yahtzee's ass shaking.
I Wouldn't put it past Yahtzee to shake his own ass at us.

Ryuuken

Jul 24, 2008
In recent weeks I've started to resent Yahtzee's reviews. I know he isn't a legitimate reviewer and he just shits on games for shits & giggles. But at least try and get it right once in a while man.

Even I was skeptical at first about LBP. Until my brother bought it for me for Christmas. So I popped it in and thought "Well, it's got good reviews...maybe it'll be good". I cannot stop playing this game. It is the most fun I've ever had with a game since Portal. Part of it is it's aesthetic. It's refreshing to have a good game these days that doesn't require you horribly mutilate your enemies to death (*cough* Gears of War 2 *cough*). Yeah it isn't "3D" and the jumping sucks, but still that's nothing a patch can't fix, and hardly enough of a reason for someone to declare a game "bad".

And I'm willing to bet money that Yahtzee didn't actually PLAY any of the custom levels. Sure we're not PROFESSIONALS at designing levels. But you know what, there are some DAMN GOOD custom levels out there, and your rationale for not trying them is "not done by a professional".

Honestly, these videos have gone from funny to angry video game nerd 2.0 to social recluse. Your videos have become hollow. We're all waiting for the point as to why you declare a game good or bad, but you just say whether Game X is good or bad, and then the video is over. And it isn't just LBP, you did it last week with Gears of War 2 as well.

Flame-Romance

Dec 24, 2008
PAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *breath* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Awesome review, and hell-funny arse dance :D
That bit at the end made me think of 1213 with the bispectical dude.
All in all a great review :D
I still don't think I'll be buying the game though.

redeemer09

Jan 19, 2009
can any body say fanboy attack put red ring of death on this review(hes from the g4 tv, the feed blog)he would attack this review with blind rage with a container of pudding

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
StarryXNights said:
Today's episode contained more bile than usual and didn't include such fast conversation. Personally I think Yahtzee has finally lost the plot, which is not necessarily a bad thing.
I think this is one of the best ones I've seen :).

Especially considering the googly eyed boxers part, that was pretty priceless.

Likewise he said absolutely everything that could be said about LBP without being redundant which is the big issue with gaming reviews these days, they try to fill out a magazine page with a review and just end up saying the same thing 6 different ways."

"The Level Design was Amazing."
"Likewise it had amazing level design."
"They designed amazing levels."
"Amazing Levels were Designed for this game."

It gets tedious and I like that he evades that through most of his reviews by having genuinely new things to say.

Ryuuken said:
In recent weeks I've started to resent Yahtzee's reviews. I know he isn't a legitimate reviewer and he just shits on games for shits & giggles. But at least try and get it right once in a while man.

Even I was skeptical at first about LBP. Until my brother bought it for me for Christmas. So I popped it in and thought "Well, it's got good reviews...maybe it'll be good". I cannot stop playing this game. It is the most fun I've ever had with a game since Portal. Part of it is it's aesthetic. It's refreshing to have a good game these days that doesn't require you horribly mutilate your enemies to death (*cough* Gears of War 2 *cough*). Yeah it isn't "3D" and the jumping sucks, but still that's nothing a patch can't fix, and hardly enough of a reason for someone to declare a game "bad".

And I'm willing to bet money that Yahtzee didn't actually PLAY any of the custom levels. Sure we're not PROFESSIONALS at designing levels. But you know what, there are some DAMN GOOD custom levels out there, and your rationale for not trying them is "not done by a professional".

Honestly, these videos have gone from funny to angry video game nerd 2.0 to social recluse. Your videos have become hollow. We're all waiting for the point as to why you declare a game good or bad, but you just say whether Game X is good or bad, and then the video is over. And it isn't just LBP, you did it last week with Gears of War 2 as well.
Am I the only one that can look at someone elses honest opinion of a game and not get angsty? I like LBP too but what he said is still pretty spot on.

I mean on any given day you can find 6 dozen LBP versions of 9/11, mario level rehashes, and the likes. It's not a bad thing, but it is good. Likewise I don't think he ever said it was bad, in fact he used a smiley face sun quite a few times.

Gekidami said:
Hum, this was probaly one of the worst ZP's, over all not funny and it just didnt make much sense, its based more of a stereotypical view of LBP rather then the experience you get from playing it. I mean saying that gamers will instantly abuse any form of content they can make themselfs isnt a problem LBP has ever suffered from, you'll be hard streched to find obscene levels, saying that you're forced to search through all the crap to find decent levels is also stereotypical BS because the highest rated most played levels are the ones that are put straight to the top, the search system also works perfectly, and saying that the mods delete anything they dont like is also wrong, again based of a stupid stereotype LBP has, the true being that mods only check levels flaged by other users, LBP is full of copywrite breaking stuff thats been there for ages, they havnt been reported by users so they havnt been taken down, simple as.

Its really easy to see when Yahtzee simpley dosnt play the games he's 'reviewing' fully, he should probaly actually try every part of a game instead of squirting out random crap he's heard around the web.
Likewise these responses are pretty stereotypical anywhere that dares not speak about LBP like its the next messiah.

Yes it was a good game, in fact its probably one of the only legitimate reasons to own a PS3, but still it isn't the greatest thing ever.

As I said before I haven't been to hard stretched finding 9/11 levels which are about as obscene as things get for me. (Joking about the deaths of what...two thousand + people?)

Plus again he gave the game a great review, he just nailed the User Generated Content.

VZLANemesis

Jan 29, 2009
Somehow it wasn't as good as it usually is.
Or I just like LBP so much I was on a defensive state all during the review...

Socken

Jan 29, 2009
Not too fond of the review itself, but that ass shaking bit and the ending made up for it.

Quelthazar

Jan 26, 2009
I actually didn't laugh at this one. I was a bit lolz at the googly eyed pants but after a bit it looked stupid. And the game wasn't the best. Maybe i would try it on a friends PS3 but i wouldn't get it for myself.

FallenPrism

Jan 7, 2009
o_O ...I...I don't know if I want to scrub that intermission from my mind or not...so disturbing and entertaining at the same time.