Zero Punctuation: Little Big Planet

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Abedeus said:
Soulkiller3 said:
Did the people who put best review ever, even watch it?
Yeah, and now I'm going to watch it second time.
And this time actually pay attention to portions other than the arse gravitating in your face.
Uh. Yeah.

Not much to say about a platformer, though. Like Yahtzee said, it's from point hay to bee, jumping and...jumping.

Unless you shoot people thar. Which you don't :/

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
Eagle Est1986 said:
Oh wow, wasn't expecting it to be this. I think he liked it, it's hard to tell.
I think it was an undecided. He thought the editing tools were well done but (like me) would rather play a normal game with content made by actual developers. At least thats what I got out of the review.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Abedeus said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Abedeus said:
Soulkiller3 said:
And this time actually pay attention to portions other than the arse gravitating in your face.
Uh. Yeah.

Not much to say about a platformer, though. Like Yahtzee said, it's from point hay to bee, jumping and...jumping.

Yeah you do.
You shoot at people? In a kid-friendly game? Blasphemies.

Can't really say, though, as I only watched like 2 videos of the game, saw some screenshots and wasn't "wowed".

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Am I the only one who laughed when it went from the creepy clip of the boxer shorts to the advert for Unskippable?

Oh yes, and some of his lines on the subject of the economic crisis seen to be taken from Charlie Brooker somewhat. Or maybe that's just me jumping to conclusions.

StarryXNights said:
Today's episode contained more bile than usual and didn't include such fast conversation. Personally I think Yahtzee has finally lost the plot, which is not necessarily a bad thing.
Maybe it's just me, but the reviews always feel more substantial and longer when he speaks more slowly. And it wasn't really bile filled. He likes the game, he loves Stephen Fry (hem hem) and he thinks the game content is good. His only problem was with user generated content, which he doesn't blame the game for. He in fact congratulates the mods on their work deleting anything worthless.

Taizan

Feb 4, 2009
The pants and eyes combo was ever so slightly un-nerving. Referring to the review, it seems that anyone would have trouble talking a lot about a game that seems, to me at least, a little insubstantial.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Abedeus said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Abedeus said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Abedeus said:
Soulkiller3 said:
Uh. Yeah.

Yeah you do.
You shoot at people? In a kid-friendly game? Blasphemies.

Can't really say, though, as I only watched like 2 videos of the game, saw some screenshots and wasn't "wowed".
With a paintball gun. Enemies are built with sensors that make them break down after being shot.
Sounds entertaining.

*cough cough*

So... do you do anything else in the game?

ertxz18

Dec 24, 2008
Awesome review! That googly eyes on the ass was pretty funny, I couldn't stop laughing! Also the chocolate bit was funny lol

Izerous

Dec 15, 2008
I actually quite enjoy LBP but there is an obvious issue around how much garbage usermade content is out there. Some of it just should never been uploaded.

Avida

Oct 17, 2008
Despite what the text says at the end the ranking system really does work well.. and where are these amazing naruto levels :eek:

KamikazeSailor

Jun 10, 2008
These are always so much stinking fun to watch! I love these reviews! And this one was certainly not a let-down! Very funny stuff!

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Didn't really work. The review seemed to be more bashing the game in theory than in function. He only referenced it in what could happen, rather than what does happen - the engine will never allow you to fall through the 3D plane, most people choose to dress with some flair (I dress up like Jamie Hynemann) and using actual search parameters you can find some real gems quite easily.
Yes, but you wouldn't like the review unless he declared it the holy messiah, ie. agreed with you. That would rather defeat the point of a review though. Anyway, since it's just your word against his, I believe him. He hasn't shown anything like the same fanboy tendencies as you, as much as you like to whine about him doing so.

EgoDeusEst

May 9, 2008
Yes, to my dismay, plans for LBA3 were scrapped a few years ago. Not enough hype I guess.
Long before free-roaming, Twinsen had cars, boats, even a dragon, jetpacks and flying saucers to traverse the great cosmos. Pretty neat for a game so old it initialy came out on a bunch of floppy discs. Suck on that GTA.

Eh well, on to the actual release.
I myself do not own Little Big Planet. I was part of the beta, and I liked a bunch of the user created stuff that was made. But that was for a relatively small crowd of people, and still many levels were blank, not working, or just plain dumb. Now release the game to the general public and see what happens. I'm afraid the entire user content sphere will be utterly minged, removing much of the fun from the game. Hence I hesitate to buy the game.

I heard they were going to fix the problem with the dimension-switching mechanisms sometime soon. I'm not going to buy LBP before that either. The whole "I'll jump somewhere inconvenient without you wanting me to"-crap annoys the heck out of me.