Zero Punctuation: Little Big Planet

Lucifus

Dec 3, 2008
hahaha i managed to snort my Sprite out of my nose when the googly arse thing came on.

(Is it me or does he have a really nice arse)

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Because the reasons be gave are insubstantiated. He claims there is nothing worthwhile being created - I just finished playing one right now. He claims the plane adjustor will kill you every time - I find it does nothing of the sort.
Huwhaaat? You and him disagree? I guess that if you both own the game one of you must be wrong... alternatively it could be a difference in opinion and you telling him that his experience is wrong seems ridiculous.

Plus he doesn't say there's nothing worthwhile being created. He just said that it's a pain in the arse to find, although the mods do help clean out the shit. Nor does he say the plane adjustor will kill you every time, he merely suggests that it can go wrong ocassionally, and from my own experience I know that the occassional fault in a system can drive you nuts even when it only happens rarely. Okay, I admit, I have no first hand experience of this specific problem to know how bad it is, but he does, and if he thinks it's a problem then that's his choice.

If your opinion is otherwise then fair enough, but you trying to promote your way of seeing things over Yahtzee's (or vice versa) is stupid.

_Russell_

Jan 5, 2009
The googly eye arse dance was hilarious. :)

Pity the scary eyes at the end were spoil by the ?Unskippable? trailer.

Techni

Oct 6, 2005
1) I hope that wasn't his butt
2) There is a search tool that lets you specifically search for levels rated extremely highly by the community. You're not wading through a river at all
3) The included levels do stand on their own.

MrShrike

Oct 27, 2008
Nice use of Dr Manhatten- loved watchmen

Funny review, i only wish that he'd make a few more varied points instead of resting on jokes he establishes from the beginning of the video

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
I am in complete and utter agreement with Yahtzee about UGC. See, if a game like Oblivion, which has the most user-friendly construction set I've ever seen in a PC game, can nonetheless have a good-to-crap ratio that's about two dozen to infinity, that's exactly the reason why I'm glad professional game people created the bulk of the content (even if the 24 or so mods in question are so indispensable that you wonder why Bethesda hasn't just hired the whole lot of them to do TES5). Yahtzee is exactly spot-on with his viewpoint about the utter laziness and idiocy associated with sending some idiot to do your job for you and calling it a feature.

Eipok Kruden

Aug 29, 2008
He loved it, he probably had a lot of fun with the level editor, I just think he's ashamed to say it.

Techni

Oct 6, 2005
Indigo_Dingo said:
He claims the plane adjustor will kill you every time - I find it does nothing of the sort.
Exactly, I've found it's nigh perfect. It will always move you to an available layer to prevent death

Dele

Oct 25, 2008
Good - Googly Eye Boxers
Bad - Tired Yahzee

Now would be a good time for Escapist to pay him a ticket to Hawaii so he can rest his creative brains and provide us with new fun content to watch.

VMerken

Sep 12, 2007
Hmm, the 2nd pants but made me think of Doom House, but not as scary :). Anyway, no input from my side on LBP since personally I find it too expensive considering the genre. Once it drops to say, 30 euros somewhere, I might pick it up and stress test the physics engine - it might be good enough to use in class.

Eaving

May 21, 2008
I keep getting a message saying:

200, stream not found, Netstream.Play.StreamNotFound, clip: '[Clip] '530"

Can anyone help me with this?

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
What I'm saying is that he was overreacting. And while that is his typical style, I wanted to try and put things in perspective - its also a ***** to find anything good in the modern gaming market, the modding scene, the indy scene, modern art, or anything that has ever existed since the Egyptians figured out the best stone for bulding pyramids tended to not grow right by where they wanted the pyramids.
Sounds about right (except for the whole 'stones growing' thing, but that's not important). Good to see that two people of opposed viewpoints on the interent can reach a proper compromise. Altruism all round!

KingPiccolOwned

Jan 12, 2009
Dude this one is hilarious, I have got to show it to my friend James. He likes LBP so friggin much and I would love to see his reaction to this review. Oh yeah one more thing, CRAZY ASSBALLS!!! You heard me. Well, read me. You get what I mean!