Zero Punctuation: Little Big Planet

Malkavian

Jan 22, 2009
Well, this is one review I agree wholeheartedly with... I've sat with LBP for about an hour at a friends', and it really struck me as something... Well, it was fun enough, and it had a certain charming appeal with regards to it's looks, but somehow, it didn't feel like a whole GAME. It was more like something that should have been released for half the price over PSN.

And those googley-eyed pants... *shivers*

freakincody7

Feb 4, 2009
Why does he have a roblem with the one game that focused around just having fun instead of grit, when hes always complaining about grit? This should have been right up his alley, and all of the problems he had were tiny, Especially online play. every level gets rated by other people, so he doesnt have to play the bad ones, and its not hard to find a good one.

Axelgear

Oct 18, 2007
Fun review. I love LBP but he's right; the community levels exist in one of two forms: Awesome and awful, n'ere twixt the two shall meet. The main game? Fantastic, especially with friends around, and the same goes for making your own. I've been crafting my own but, again, it's better with friends, y'know?

Good review. Flabby ass.

freakincody7

Feb 4, 2009
oh and he didnt even play all of gears, or he would have found out about dons wife, that was sad man (and chest high walls are kinda like regular walls, there there because if they werent, gameplay wouldnt be possible)

defcon 1

Jan 3, 2008
Never in a million years have I even dreamed someone would have the same opinion of user created content as I do. I almost wet myself when he made the house analogy.

HomicidalDonut

Sep 4, 2008
Pretty much right on the money, a lot of the online play really is sorta like sifting through a pile of buffalo feces looking for gold nuggets.

merkaba48

Jan 19, 2009
UGC is a bad thing? OK, then we should cease all sales of paints, musical instruments, postings of pictures on the internet, etc, because we don't want to see all that bad 'user generated stuff', right?

Stop being idiots. UGC is only a good thing. Okay, if you were ONLY getting UGC with LBP then that might be a different matter, but considering it has a fine quality single player story mode with it, I don't see what there is to complain about. Stop hinging on every word Yahtzee says as if he is delivering golden nuggets of insight, most of the time he's talking out of his arse in a funny way.

LittleBigPlanet is a fantastic game, one of the best on the market at the moment. You'd be a fool not to consider buying it just because Yahtzee has not given a glowing review.

I mean, for fucks sake, LEGO INDIANA JONES got a more positive sounding review than this, and that game is boring as hell. LBP is a wonder of imagination and creativity, balled up in some simple but tested-true gameplay.

I really think Yahtzee has lost the plot somewhere. Zero Punctuation feels like it has become a joyless job to him and it has lost the spark of ingenuity it used to have.

The only really bad thing about LBP is that it is not very difficult. The story mode is pretty much a theme park ride, but that doesn't mean you won't die a lot. It's just that with three lives per checkpoint, you'll rarely come across a section where you die completely and have to restart the level. Because of this, there is not a lot of challenge in the game; but it is still fun, and you will still die frequently.

EMO_of_LiGHT

Jan 25, 2009
Too true. but at least they had some proffesionally made levels you can go back to while you try to simmer through the mess of content online.

KungFuMaster

Aug 14, 2008
Great. Leave it to Yahtzee to take all the sting out of calling someone "ass-eyes". Oh well, at least the review was funny.

Heroic One

Aug 29, 2007
Tch, why even review a game like this? You said it yourself, there's nothing to say other than things we all know about already. Oh well.

Ursus Astrorum

Mar 20, 2008
Ah, that was good. Not to terribly funny, but still viable.

Though now I am afraid that my dreams will be haunted by Yahtzee's googly-eyed buttocks.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
I say without shame that Yahtzee's bum acting was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Someone give that bum an Oscar.

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
Ben my friend....you have WAY too much time on your hands if you dance around in boxers like that! LOL!

Excellent review!

joswie

Aug 23, 2008
Considering the sheer amount of sexuality in this review, I am surprised that the Dr. Manhattan character was devoid of such characteristics. That being said, I still find the entire review to be one of Yahtzee's best in a little while.