Zero Punctuation: Little Big Planet

Serenius

Jan 12, 2009
I hope Yahtzee gets his hands on a bad game that really inspires the hate within him soon (a game on the Jericho/Too Human level of bad). He's really been phoning it in on ZP lately.

DCM

Feb 4, 2009
Wow, that pants thing was really wierd, was that really your butt?
Enjoyed the review on a whole.

Woundingisfun

Sep 2, 2008
Best - Review - ever.
The shaking arse will haunt me for many nights to come o_o

NeonZombie said:
Sadly im an xbox, pc and wii owner i don't think i can bring myself to buy another console for fear of becoming obsessed with games haha
Lol I think you already are one! Welcome to the club ;D

ZeroRyoko1974

Jan 7, 2009
jjpenguin said:
meh, didnt find it funny myself...valid points though, Yahtzee doesn't seem to get UGC, the point is that there WILL be an extortianite amount of sh*t, but saturated with brilliance
I think that phrase "doesn't seem to get" or it's close couisin "don't understand" are two of the stupidist phrases on the internet. Anytime anyone disagrees about something, they don't "get it" or don't "understand" its wonderful brilliance. Loved the review, the googly eyed ass shaking was funny, but I just had to throw my $.02 worth in because I hate that statement "don't get it." Opinions aren't rocket science or calculus. It's not a question of "getting it"

Ange1ofD4rkness

Jan 14, 2009
you done it again. Another great review that kept me and my friend rolling on the ground and laugh my a$$ off. Thxs for a good review and even though I don't have a PS3 if I did I probably wouldn't buy this game because of your review...so thxs for saving me the money in hindsight (but no you can't have that money I saved)

Heffron

Sep 12, 2008
I laughed so hard a little wee came out. Especially at the cochlea bit and, of course, at the googly eyes dance.

Excellent review, mustn't've been easy in this heat (seriously, my brain would just melt).

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
I personally love everything about LBP, and had a blast playing it with 3 mates, UGC included! Rocket Skateboards are alot of fun.

I reckon he liked the game but hated himself for it, as someone pointed out earlier on.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
LBP Metacritic score = 95%

The world Fails.

Yahtzee Wins.

No sarcasm.

Seriously, LBP blows yet all the critics jumped on the fail wagon to praise it but at least some REAL FUCKING CRITICS had the right idea, like Yahtzee.

The tragedy is that Killzone 2 which is probably a game deserving its hype is getting a lower score. What the fuck is going to happen next? HAS THE WORLD GONE MAD!!!

Freyar

Solar Empire General
May 9, 2008
Dur... shooter iz atomatcaley best evar

Yeah, right. LBP is a great abstract game, and I can understand Yahtzee's point of view. That said, Killzone 2 sure doesn't get my attention like LBP did.

FelixofMars

Oct 31, 2007
I pretty much agree with everything mentioned, though I didn't even think the story levels where great. I liked the first few ones but the camera and the 2.5D levels was determined to make me fall into a fire pit or suchlike that I couldn't see until it was too late.

User content for most games is a bad idea and for the reasons stated. Lets just look at Spore or Farcry 2 for more evidence of that.

Wounded Melody

Jan 19, 2009
ColdStorage said:
PirateKing said:
I was hoping he would review this.
...was that Yahtzee with the googly eye boxers? If so then awesome. Yahtzee rocks even more.
I dont know whats more disturbing, Yahtzee doing the butt monster himself, or asking a friend to do it....

maybe its an escapist, think he's your friend?, he might be grooming all of us.
Doesn't he have a housemate? It could be either one then, but I'd like to think it's Yahtzee ^.~

Kair

Sep 14, 2008
User made content is only good when editing tools are inaccessible to the common 12 year old (not hard, just make them have to read a lot).
I have personally made tons of content that has been warmly accepted within the communities.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
lmao, the austin powers music was hilarious XD
i wasnt expecting that
great yahtzee, i think you did brill even without your air conditioning :p

GeneralTrivium

Jan 7, 2009
Don't take the googley arse away!

I was enjoying it ;-;

Oh wait, did that come out loud?

Fantastical review as always, look forward to one every week, keep up the good work Yahtzee! ;)

AhhARealMonster

Feb 4, 2009
MEH.

After the mediocrity of TRU, FC2, and GOW2, I thought Yahtzee was done for. This was a little better, but I hope in the future he goes back to reviewing games that don't suffer from expensive paint-by-numbers development, ending up incredibly dull and soulless but you can't really complain because they're "solid experiences with no real game breaking bugs."

The reviewed games this year don't sound like they're of interest to Yahtzee, so why review them? Fanboys? Fuck fanboys. They're not interesting games. Get back to reviewing what you want to review, Yahtzee! I could care less about Turok or Oblivion, but your reviews of those games were hilarious.