Zero Punctuation: Mafia II

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
Hooray Mafia 2
NIce game, love the review.
Yathzee's a psychic, now.
And that one seems a bit too GTA IV-ish...
Only worse.
And GTA IV is, in my opinion, BAD

Seems like "The Godfather" is till the best Mafia game.
Only that s has a better story and more variety

Gazisultima

May 25, 2009
An interesting video. There certainly has been multiple opinions on this game, and as usual, Yahtzee points out that most of them are shit :L

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
The review was pretty good, and I have to agree with yahtzee that the story was predictable, but I think the immersion excuses a large ammount of issues.

viggih7

Mar 31, 2009
Is it just me or am I the only one starting to want to e-mail Yahtzee about the upcoming lottory numbers.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Is it odd that my favorite part of an open world game is driving around listening to the radio?

Even in Saint's Row 2, I find that the most entertaining part of the game...

OuendanCyrus

Jun 16, 2010
This game disappointed the hell out of me.

Yahtzee is so right about the game being restrictive though, it's extremely linear and the driving was boring.

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Radical, I've been looking forward to this!

It's true that the linear gameplay is kinda balls breaker, and it's anti climatic to break the story to play in some sand, so it's hard to love it, but not impossible.
robbing shops was great fun, too bad I haven't found hoes to hop in.

GreyEarth

The NightShifter
Dec 4, 2008
Son, I am Disapoint.
Good review, but disapointed about the game. Was looking forward to this one as I'd had some fuin with the first game and was keen for more.

Oh well, saved me some $$ then if nothing else.

scout48

Nov 25, 2008
This review was fairly average for Yahtzee, but then again, the game was pretty average and bland itself. I guess I can't expect the poor fellow to crap roses if we never feed him anything but crap to begin with.

CyricZ

Sep 19, 2009
Ooo, a shoutout to the Sopranos, maybe?

Okay, I was actually a bit miffed by the story aspect of Mafia II. So, in my mind, the first half of the game was paced beautifully, what with starting in a war, then jumping back home and wandering around a bit, doing some minor crimes, meeting some people in the family, then suddenly BOOM you're under arrest and in jail for six years! Let me tell you, having the closed world of a prison suddenly thrust on you when you expected an open world status quo was so jarring and disturbing I actually ENJOYED it.

Then in the latter half, the game's pretty much routine combat mission after combat mission. I figured that this was the point that the game was going to nestle into a comfortable sandbox status quo, then suddenly BOOM, your house burns down and you lose all your stuff. For some reason, it PISSED ME OFF that time! Almost like it was arbitrary and really had little to do with the actual story that all my cars, cash, clothes, and weapons had now become very flammable and I had nothing but my skivvies to my name.

Then of course, the ending, like the man sa--