Zero Punctuation: Metroid Other M

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Metroid Other M

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Metroid Other M.

Spaceship art courtesy of Starbright Illustrations [http://www.starbrightillustrations.com/content/].

Watch Video

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Oh my. Could this be one of the few times where people don't comment before watching the video?

IT'S A MIRACLE!

EDIT: "And it's a lot smaller and more linear than, say, Metroid Fusion"

I see what you did there

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
I can't get the video to work. It kicks over to the ad backplate, and then I end up with a black screen...

EDIT: It took four page reloads to get it working. Weird.

Tharticus

Dec 10, 2008
I had my suspicions on Metroid Other M. Now that makes it 3:1 saying Other M is bad.

Good job Mr. Croshaw. And I can't wait for your extra punctuation column on this game.

Jark

Jun 12, 2009
Any ideas as to what the "Special Episode" mentioned at the very end will be centered around?

devilsbane_smash

Mar 9, 2010
I don't think Samus' voice actor realized she wasn't voicing a robot. -_- Pretty good review, but I thought the gameplay good, personally.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Hubilub said:
Oh my. Could this be one of the few times where people don't comment before watching the video?

IT'S A MIRACLE!
Hallelujah!

OT: Great review, and eagerly anticipating Friday.

Calumon: I would, but I've got to hug someone.

Jack: Now who would that... *hugged*

deth2munkies

Jan 28, 2009
You know, I saw the trailers for this game and thought "This is going to be shit, too emo and the controls look hard as hell to use." Thank you for confirming my suspicions.

Pandora92

Apr 2, 2010
You just summed up exactly why I'm steering well clear of the game, Samus always just worked as a silent protagonist in the same way that Gordan Freeman does, giving her a voice was dodgy enough without doing it in such a plain and overdone way with a boring stereotypical story. :|

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
I'm not one to praise a ZP, but his sucker turned out the be ridiculously funny.
Nicely done Mr. Croshaw.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Hmmmm this Friday special has me intrigued

As for the game, don't have a Wii so its in the pile of games that I don't care about

ARKSgtAlpha

Jul 16, 2009
i was a little optimistically hopeful that the escapist review had downplayed the switching of perspectives because it wasn't a big deal, but then i was optimistically hopeful that transformers wasnt going to be garbage